Thread: URL Links not opening in windows live mail

URL Links not opening in windows live mail

Hi, I am using Vista Home Edition with windows live mail as my default client. There is some problem with my system, I don’t if it is related to vista or WLM, whenever I click any hyperlink or URL from my mail, instead of opening the same, I get the following error message:

“This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.”

Earlier I had set Internet Explorer 7 as my default browser but after getting this error when I went to control panel > programs > default programs > set default programs I found that IE is nowhere in the default programs list. I searched again for IE, set it as default internet browser but every time I go back and come again, I find IE7 removed as default browser.

I don’t know what is wrong. Somebody help please.

Re: URL Links not opening in windows live mail

Well try this. Go to Default Programs applet, now click on ‘Set program access and computer defaults." Now click on Custom selection to Expand, and select Internet Explorer under "Choose a default web browser". Now save the changes by clicking OK. By doing this we actually rewriting the default protocol assignments in the registry. See if it works.

Thanks a lot for the help Gregoryl but I have already tried doing that before posting here. But as I said above, though I set WLM and IE as my default email client and browser, they revert back from these settings automatically later.
    Steve Russell