Thread: Windows Mail Error 0x800CCC0F

Windows Mail Error 0x800CCC0F

I’m using Windows Mail on Vista 32bit OS. Since last couple of days am facing error code 0x800CCC0F with the same. The config servers are ports 995, and 465 in my settings. I wanted to know if these ports subject to the Port25 block as well? Also is there any permanent fix for the same?

Here is the complete error message:
    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'admin@libertypal.org', Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'scott@skpetersonphotography.com', Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

All helps appreciated.

Re: Windows Mail Error 0x800CCC0F

First of all you are not facing any block because I can see that Windows Mail was able to communicate with the Server though it gets broke later. This is not because of the port25 but it is because of Antivirus programs. Which Antivirus are you running? Is it Norton or McAfee or any other that has email scanning feature? If yes, you should immediately remove them off from your system because they create such problems.

I have been facing these problems for months in past with Windows mail. I always use to find solution and fix a problem but a new error use to appear the next day. So finally I upgraded windows mail to Windows Live Mail and hurray… got rid of errors permanently.

So will suggest you get Windows Live Mail now http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview and move all data from WM to WLM.

Thanks a lot for your helps guys, really appreciate. As you have suggested, yes I was using Norton but now uninstalled it from system completely but I was still getting the same error and problem. And as per your suggestion Walter, later I downloaded WLM and moved my all data in WLM and guess what, still the error exists.

It is now very frustrating. Am actually using Yahoo Business Mail and it has the option to automatically set-up my pop3 mail server. This is the error am getting now:

“Unable to send or receive messages for the admin@libertypal.org account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.”

And here are my settings:
    • Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com'
    • Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    • Protocol: POP3
    • Port: 995
    • Secure(SSL): Yes

Its getting very complicated as you are getting the same error message on two different email clients. But it is confirmed that the problem is not with these client, instead it is with the email account itself. I think you should better contact with your ISP and see if they can help you out.