Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problems sending mail in Windows Live Mail (and Windows Mail)

Windows Vista Mail

Old 07-10-2008

Problems sending mail in Windows Live Mail (and Windows Mail)

I am able to receive emails in both Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail but unable to send them but when I access my account online then I can send them? Below is the error message that I am getting:
The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'Test'
Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

Can anyone help?

Old 08-10-2008

Could you tell us who is you internet service provider? If that is other than NTL which you have said in the error message then you have discovered the cause of this issue. You should know that the owner of the SMTP server should be the same as one who is giving you Internet connection generally. Also ports and related settings shouldnt be changed on a trial and error basis and you should use only the setting supported by your internet service provider.
Old 25-10-2012

Check the below method and see if that works:
  1. Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.
  2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.
  3. Under Mail, click your e‑mail account, and then click Properties.
  4. Click the Servers tab, and then, under Outgoing Mail Server, select the My server requires authentication check box.
  5. If the account information that you use to send e‑mail is not the same information that you use to receive messages, click Settings, click Log on using, and then enter the user name and password that you use to send e‑mail.
More information can be found here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...h-Windows-Mail

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: , , ,