Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Duplicate emails received

Windows Vista Mail

Old 18-09-2008

Duplicate emails received

Hi, I?m using windows vista laptop with Windows Mail as my default email client. I have configured few of my pop3 accounts with the same. Now the problem am facing is whenever I receive any mail in Windows mail, I usually get two copies of each email. This is happening for each and every mail.

Well I have configured the same email accounts on my BB phone as well but there I wont receive two copies of any mail. So its sure that the problem is somewhere in Windows mail itself. I checked out all settings twice but dint found any problem.

Any idea what is wrong? Please help.

Old 18-09-2008

Re: Duplicate emails received

Just checkout the following setting in WM:

Open Windows Mail, click Tools, click Account, select your email account and go to its properties. Now click on Advanced Tab and see if the box for option ?Leave a copy of messages on server'? is checked off.

This coulc be causing the problem. So you need to test it in both ways. Keep it checked and see if you receive two copies, later uncheck it and see if there is any difference.
Old 19-10-2011

Re: Duplicate emails received

I am using Windows Vista Home prem ed. with 3 active email accounts on Windows Mail.
With the help of Comcast tech support it was discovered that one of the 3 email accounts had an error in the user name, (tools > accounts > properties > servers). When this was fixed the double messaging stopped. How the error entered the system is unknown, maybe one of those digital mysteries.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Windows Vista Mail
Tags: