Thread: Outlook Address Book Still Won't Recognize Contacts

Outlook Address Book Still Won't Recognize Contacts

Earlier I was using Windows XP with Outlook 2007 for my pop3 accounts. Now as i bought a new desktop with Windows Vista and Outlook 2007, I backed up my older outlook in PST format and imported the same to the new one. There was no problem in the process but due to some reason the new Outlook 2007 is unable to recognize the Address Book from .pst.

So far I have tried every solution I got from other discussion but that dint helped. Can anyone here suggest me some working solution?

Re: Outlook Address Book Still Won't Recognize Contacts

On the new system and Outlook 2007, I guess you don’t have Outlook Address Book service installed. Yu must first install this and set the contacts folder to appear as an e-mail Address Book. To know how to do the same, check out this Microsoft KB Article for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us

I have the same problem as Vicmike. I have tried everything and still can't retrieve an address from new mail or any other way except by going straight to contacts and clicking on the card itself. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by choctaw1 View Post
    I have the same problem as Vicmike. I have tried everything and still can't retrieve an address from new mail or any other way except by going straight to contacts and clicking on the card itself. What gives?
    From Outlook 2007, Mail Tools > Options > Mail Setup Tab > Account Settings Email Accounts > Email Tab > New > Choose MS Exchange Etc. Button > Fill in personal Data in Auto Account Setup > [Wizard successfully completes POP-3 email account setup] > Finish > Back to Account Settings > Select newly created profile and set as default for sending email > Restart Outlook.

I'm using Outlook 2010, so the remedie for outlook 2007 didn't work, any other ideas?

I have the same issue, i.e.:
    - My smartphone only syncs contacts with gmail, so on the internet & phone, gmail/google account stores my contacts.
    - On Outlook I have gmail email account with no contacts.
    - I have my contacts in Outlook under main 'contacts' folder, but can't reference them when sending Outlook email from the gmail account. (I have a sync program that can sync the Outlook contacts with Gmail internet account, or I do it by hand).

Since I wanted to reference the contacts when I send email from the gmail account in Outlook, I tried all solutions I could find, including above:
    - deleting/re-creating profiles
    - Setting options for address folders

... But I did find a workaround...
    1. Create a new hotmail account that you do not plan to use for anything but contacts.
    2. Add that account to Outlook, configuring for Hotmail Connector.
    3. Move the contacts there.

I found I could then reference from any of the other email accounts in Outlook. I'll be careful not to add that 'dummy' hotmail account to my smartphone as then I'll have duplication of contacts.