Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDT Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC ERROR

JAK71454 Guest

IDT Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC ERROR

I have Vista and ran the IDT - Audio - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    update yesterday and now I get the following on the volumn control:
    NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

I checked "installed updates" to remove this and it is not there.

I tried to restore back to several restore points and I got an
    unspecified error for all the restores.

What should I try next? Jim

L_tree Guest

RE: IDT Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC ERROR

I have a gateway with the sigma tel sound driver that is preventing the
    update to sp1. I installed this windows update, which is some manner removed
    the sigma tel driver. I contacted gateway chat support, who pointed me to an
    unsigned driver on the gateway site, which I downloaded, this provided
    instructions to reload and I got sound back. HOWEVER, it remains to be
    seen if windows update will then "find" the sp1 update for me, one concern
    already, when I reselected windows update, it found the same IDT CODEC update
    already installed on the machine.

I have just had download from windows with an update for IDT high defenition
    audio codec today 2nd may 2008 and now my sound has gone completly can any one help me with this I went into my device manager and clicked update drivers and it has tryed load with new settings this did nit work

I just updated and same problem...I tried rolling back drivers...that crashed computer...unistalled..tried reinstalling the Sigmatel Codec that I had originally and it updates but back to the IDT! Any idea?

If your sound was working fine before the update, you can try a system restore. Click on 'start,' type in 'system restore,' select the application, and follow the wizard, selecting the time for the restore that correllates to the time directly preceeding your installing the update. This worked for me.

Can someone please help me I have a Dell XPS M1710 with Windows XP SP3 & my audio card & drivers are Sigmatel 9200 HD Audio Codec. I accidentally installed AUD_allOS_x5511_v5511_PV_IDTGUI_v005.exe and now I have no sound and grayed sound card selections IN CONTROL PANEL SYSTEM. I have tried system restore and loading my original files from my Dell Driver CD... it tells me that those drivers cannot be installed on the is version of windows or something like that.

Problem Solved -- Downloaded SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, Driver, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Multi Language, Multi System, v.5.10.0.4991, A07
    Then I was able to install my Dell SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC drivers from cd.

hi...don't know if it has to do with this thread...i got the idt hd audio codec on my HP Pavilion dv5 laptop and wanted to see how can i connect 5.1 speakers to it and manage it properly cause i only get options for two jacks on the idt software and i got 3 on my laptop

As stated above buy a new sound card and save yourself a BIG headache.
    I really hop this helps someone after what I went through.

Hi--I did end up using system restore and that worked. No worse for wear but a real pain in the arse.

Anyone have any luck installing SP1? I'm scared to death to try it after that last update.

I installed SP1, then uninstalled the IDT codec, and reinstalled the original Sigmatel driver from the Dell download site - BINGO - back on

The link that Krairo is an application that requires a license it is not a fix

Centriton Guest

Re: IDT Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC ERROR

System Restore should solve the problem at least for most people with this
    case.
    I suggest you "hide update" (I mean this particular driver update) and don't
    turn System Restore off because System Restore is very useful.

I wonder when they will stop pushing this driver and test it to work
    properly before pushing it through Windows Update again. At the time of this
    post I checked for update and was offered this broken driver again.

I also think that the feature "Roll Back Driver" should be made to really
    roll back the driver as in this case using that feature doesn't help. There
    is no sound after that even when you reboot.

Some people at their Support should try to take customers complaints more
    seriously. Still pushing this driver will just cause more people to fall into
    this mess. Stop and test the driver.

Just to let anyone know that i have managed to get my sound working went onto sony website download the sound driver so if anyone out there has a sony go to there website and down load it it now works fine.

Well done windows microsoft for mucking up my PC till the next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too installed the IDT codec through Win. update and was not able to go back using system restore. I had to reinstall the original drivers that was preinstalled from gateway and now all works well. I did see that after installing the original drivers that came with my laptop Windows update immediately let me install Vista Sp1 which I was unable to do before. I installed sp1 and everything is fine. I am having no issues whatsoever. The audio updates that had been installed previously was holding me back from installing sp1.

awww, I was so sure SPARKLE's verson was gonna solve my problem too, but it didn't :( It won't let me complete the instalition of the driver! Anyone else having this problem?

Has anyone figured this one out yet? It won't let me roll back my driver, well it did, then it didn't work, so I tried updating the driver, which (dah) brought me back to the new one. Now it won't even give me the option of rolling back. I've tried to SYSTEM RESTORE from 2 different points and get the same "unspeified error" mentioned above... HELP!! PLEASE :-(

Luckily I had the cd from Dell with all the drivers on it. Popped that baby in and reinstalled the original sound drivers... SOUND AGAIN!! Woohoo... what a royal PIA!!

Now I'm scared to death of installing the Vista SP1 update that I noticed. Anyone have any luck with that?

pedro_s Guest

Having the same issue here with Windows Vista - System Restore fails to
    restore.
    Windows update does not show this as a driver that you can Uninstall

Interestingly enough - today "Windows Vista SP1" shows as an Important
    Update available to install.

I'm giving this a try now.

I also have a similar problem as the original post, also with a new HP Pavilion dv5 (Vista Business, Intel processor).
    Just wondering if a solution was found. I'm unable to do a System Restore, and am fed up of spending hours on the phone to HP Support who ended up telling me I'd have to rebuild my PC back to it's original state. I really don't want the hassle of reinstalling everything all over again; there must be an easier way.
    Device Manager says I have in IDT High Defintion Audio Codec, driver 6.10.6017.13
    Can someone help please?

hi everyone ..

i have windows XP .. and on the device statue i have this message ..

what seams to be the problem ??

GWC1946 Guest

Mick I fought with this for a couple of weeks with my dell and ended up just
    buying a sound card for $25.00. It works fine and sounds good. The amount of
    time spent on this ended not being worth it. I don't believe there are any
    current drivers to get anywhere. I got my Dell in 05 and it basically works
    fine untill a major crash (Blue Screen) First was the hal.dll corrupt or
    missing then pci.sys ( and $50.00 bucks to dell for nothing. They said my
    mother board was bad in the end. BUT I ended up loading a new XP program and
    WALLA it worked fine all except for sound. I am sure it was a driver problem
    but like I said I searched and searched everywhere and could not get the
    sound working and I tried everything. My son who is an expert was helping and
    had the same problem. He finally said dad go buy a sound card. I did and it
    all works fine. Dell was wrong. Every help site didn't work WITH PEOPLE WITH
    THE SAME PROBLEM. Take my advice and just buy a sound card They're cheap and
    you get good sound. That was my fix and I don't believe the right drivers are
    anywhere. I just went through all of this to maybe help someone from wasting
    to much time. Gimme some feed back-I'll be Baak

We are using Dell 630 laptops. I found that for Windows XP if we revert to the original Dell 630 XP audio driver package (downloadable at Dell.com), unpack this, uninstall the IDT High Definition Audio Codec, than reinstall by pointing to the unpacked driver package, audio and sound returns. Following is the procedure:

Go to Dell.com and obtain package R171789 (Can write to me if need help here)
    Unpack R171719 and leave it in accessible folder.

For XP in Classic view
    Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Sound Video and Game Controllers > ? High Definition Audio Codec etc (??? - I can't remember ) > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > No Not this Time > Install From a List or Specific Location .... than make the location the unpacked Audio folder from R171719. This picks up the previous driver / codec and system works again

i had the same problem just recently.
    -go to Dell (drivers & downloads), enter model "desktop", "Dimension", "E310", and download "SIGMATEL - Driver" under the audio drivers.
    -then go to device manager (control panel, system, hardware) on the computer and uninstall the IDT driver.
    -extract the sigmatel program you just downloaded and run the setup.exe.
    -the computer should then identify your hardware automatically without installing hardware and run just like before.
    hope this helps someone else (nice to be on the giving end for a change :D ). it worked for me.

THANK YOU SPARKLE!!

ALHAMDULILLAH this has worked for me. I have no knowledge on computers and that has helped me alot.

your the best Sparkle!!

Thanks sparkle!! it worked for me! i have no knowledge on this n it saved me alot of $$$!!

Thanks from me, too, SPARKLE!! You made me very happy!

I had already tried uninstalling & re-installing the faulty device through Windows Device Manager many times, with no luck. I followed your suggestion & went to the Sony website for my laptop model and downloaded the original sound device and then uninstalled the faulty one (again) and installed the new download. SUCCESS!! ~LLW

Thanks man I spent 2 days in this waste of time searching HP drivers
    Welcome back XP the magic word SIGMATEL Thanks again :)

hello i just fixed the same problem with a dell laptop by going to dell driver support website, i deleted the IDT driver and reinstalled the original sigmatel driver from the website http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx

i just wanted to leave my thanks here to you sparkle, your post helped me fix my aunts computer xD it took me all morning but then i found your guide and it took me all of 30 minutes...only cause i had to download windows framework xD

but once again my friend, thank you very much :3

Did you install the right drivers ? Did you install them properly ?

Make sure the drivers are not corrupted.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/

@ sparkle - Thanks very much indeed for your solution posted on page 1 of this thread. It has worked a treat, after I'd spent some days reading dodgy-looking advice elsewhere on the net!! All the best, sparkle - I've just PM'd you. By the way, I downloaded the chipset package from the same dell page that you name-checked, to run that first before running the sigmatel driver set. My Dell Dimension E520 had unaccountably lost its voice until I did that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast