Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Office 2007 code 78F error

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-01-2008
okying
 
Posts: n/a
Office 2007 code 78F error

I tried a lot of times, but the update always show code 78f error.
How can I do?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2008
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Office 2007 code 78F error

The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and then go
Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack .

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.


"okying" <okying@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:247C1398-F752-474F-BDFB-6C113FF30B75@microsoft.com...
|I tried a lot of times, but the update always show code 78f error.
| How can I do?


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-01-2008
almole
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Office 2007 code 78F error

I have no CD as i'm on a sixty day trial, is there an alternative fix?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and then go
> Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack .
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
>
> "okying" <okying@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:247C1398-F752-474F-BDFB-6C113FF30B75@microsoft.com...
> |I tried a lot of times, but the update always show code 78f error.
> | How can I do?
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-01-2008
dhm dhm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
78f code solution

After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it while the service pack gets installed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-01-2008
dm2win
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Office 2007 code 78F error



"dhm" wrote:

>
> After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine
> via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further
> and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the
> only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the
> update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as
> long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it
> while the service pack gets installed.
>
>
> --
> dhm
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dhm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/39088.htm
> View this thread: Office 2007 code 78F error
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19-01-2008
dm2win
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Office 2007 code 78F error

after 4 tries, I disabled Superantispyware, disabled wireless connection,
inserted Office cd and tried the update.....it worked....:) Thanks

"dhm" wrote:

>
> After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine
> via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further
> and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the
> only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the
> update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as
> long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it
> while the service pack gets installed.
>
>
> --
> dhm
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> dhm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/39088.htm
> View this thread: Office 2007 code 78F error
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-01-2008
w0zzy1
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Office 2007 code 78F error


That worked a treat for me after numerous failed attempts to install!
Thanks for the info.


--
w0zzy1
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-02-2009
mistirsti
 
Posts: n/a
Works Great

Thank you for your post, it worked GREAT!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Works Great

Less filling!

"mistirsti" <mistirsti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:704F8D58-C389-468B-9B14-577EFB6A0065@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your post, it worked GREAT!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27-02-2009
MowGreen [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Works Great

Tastes great !!!

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Less filling!
>
> "mistirsti" <mistirsti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:704F8D58-C389-468B-9B14-577EFB6A0065@microsoft.com...
>
>> Thank you for your post, it worked GREAT!!!!

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27-02-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Works Great

<burp>

MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
> Tastes great !!!
>
>> Less filling!
>>
>> "mistirsti" <mistirsti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:704F8D58-C389-468B-9B14-577EFB6A0065@microsoft.com...
>>
>>> Thank you for your post, it worked GREAT!!!!

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Office 2007 code 78F error"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to install office 2007 Enterprise, registry error and error code 1402 Qamar Windows Software 4 16-04-2011 06:46 AM
Error code: 0x80180109 in Microsoft Office 2007 desilva Windows Software 5 24-03-2010 01:54 AM
office 2007 SP2 update fails error code 80070641 amidanr Windows Software 8 08-07-2009 04:56 PM
Office 2007 installation fails with error code Error 1712 Ulupy Office Setup 3 13-06-2009 12:27 AM
Office Enterprise 2007 Error Code 25004 LaviN Office Setup 1 02-02-2008 02:51 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:37 PM.