Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

  1. #1
    Jesse Guest

    Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    Had this same problem and a tech support fixed it, hope this works for you.

    This is what he wrote:

    This seems that there is a system issue which blocked the self update for
    Windows Update Agent. To resolve this issue, we can perform an in-place
    upgrade to replace the corrupted files. The in-place upgrade will only
    replace the system files and do not remove any installed applications. So, it
    is safe for us. However, it requires you have the installation CD and product
    key for Vista. If you do not have the CD and key, please let me know.



    If you would like to perform the in-place upgrade, let’s refer to the
    following steps.



    1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

    2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

    3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:



    • If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears.
    Click Install now.

    • If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:



    a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.



    Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

    b. Click Install now.



    4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen,
    click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.



    Please let me know if this can help us fix the problem. However, if the
    problem persists, I will contact our Windows Vista Support to help us.
    Because of the current problem is a more system related issue. They are
    experts on this issue and I believe it is the most efficient way to resolve
    this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.



    I'm looking forward to hearing from you.



    Best Regards,



    Mike Qu



    v-30miqu@mssupport.microsoft.com

    Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional



  2. #2
    masonbarge@gmail.com Guest

    Re: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    I had this same problem but solved it more simply.

    1. Make sure that the default location for downloads is Desktop.
    2. Find the specific update on the Microsoft webstie (you may find it
    easiest to write down the update number when the automatic
    installation starts).
    3. Download it; when the dialogue box pops up, check "save to disk".
    4. Go to your desktop and double click the icon for the Download.

    This worked like a charm for me and took only 5-10 minutes, including
    figuring it out and rebooting after the successful installation.

    On Oct 5, 9:33 pm, Jesse <Je...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > Had this same problem and a tech support fixed it, hope this works for you.
    >
    > This is what he wrote:
    >
    > This seems that there is a system issue which blocked the self update for
    > Windows Update Agent. To resolve this issue, we can perform an in-place
    > upgrade to replace the corrupted files. The in-place upgrade will only
    > replace the system files and do not remove any installed applications. So, it
    > is safe for us. However, it requires you have the installation CD and product
    > key for Vista. If you do not have the CD and key, please let me know.
    >
    > If you would like to perform the in-place upgrade, let's refer to the
    > following steps.
    >
    > 1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
    >
    > 2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
    >
    > 3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
    >
    > · If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears.
    > Click Install now.
    >
    > · If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
    >
    > a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
    >
    > Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
    >
    > b. Click Install now.
    >
    > 4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen,
    > click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.
    >
    > Please let me know if this can help us fix the problem. However, if the
    > problem persists, I will contact our Windows Vista Support to help us.
    > Because of the current problem is a more system related issue. They are
    > experts on this issue and I believe it is the most efficient way to resolve
    > this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Mike Qu
    >
    > v-30m...@mssupport.microsoft.com
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional




  3. #3
    Jeff Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.



    "Jesse" wrote:


    >
    > 4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen,
    > click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.
    >
    >


    I get to this point and the ONLY option selectable is the complete
    installation, wiping the drive. Obviously I don't want to do that. So other
    than backing up externally and then reloading from scratch (400 Gigs) any
    better solutions? the other solution below hasn't been tried, but
    apparently there is a major shortfall in windows Vista that is causing these
    update problems.

  4. #4
    Kukri Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.



    "Jesse" wrote:

    > Had this same problem and a tech support fixed it, hope this works for you.
    >
    > This is what he wrote:
    >
    > This seems that there is a system issue which blocked the self update for
    > Windows Update Agent. To resolve this issue, we can perform an in-place
    > upgrade to replace the corrupted files. The in-place upgrade will only
    > replace the system files and do not remove any installed applications. So, it
    > is safe for us. However, it requires you have the installation CD and product
    > key for Vista. If you do not have the CD and key, please let me know.
    >
    >
    >
    > If you would like to perform the in-place upgrade, let’s refer to the
    > following steps.
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
    >
    > 2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
    >
    > 3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
    >
    >
    >
    > • If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears.
    > Click Install now.
    >
    > • If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
    >
    >
    >
    > a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
    >
    >
    >
    > Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
    >
    > b. Click Install now.
    >
    >
    >
    > 4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen,
    > click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.
    >
    >
    >
    > Please let me know if this can help us fix the problem. However, if the
    > problem persists, I will contact our Windows Vista Support to help us.
    > Because of the current problem is a more system related issue. They are
    > experts on this issue and I believe it is the most efficient way to resolve
    > this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    >
    >
    > Mike Qu
    >
    >
    >
    > v-30miqu@mssupport.microsoft.com
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional
    >
    > "Jesse"


    I am recieving the same error message, but my laptop came with Vista pre-
    installed, so I do not have the Vista dvd. Do you know of another way to fix
    it?


  5. #5
    Jeff Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    OK, this FINALLY worked for me.

    Do a search on Microsoft's website for the Microsoft Installer Update
    Utility.

    Download and install it. Then run it.

    A list of programs that have been previously installed using the installer
    will show.

    If you have a program in that list that you have been unable to install,
    click it and proceed. If there are any programs in the list you don't use,
    remove them too.

    REBOOT your Machine from a hard stop. (Not just restart, close it down,
    then restart) THEN go to Microsft Windows Update and run it. It should run,
    (mine caught up with 40 updates)

  6. #6
    Kukri Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    Do you have the link for it? I am having trouble finding it.

    "Jeff" wrote:

    > OK, this FINALLY worked for me.
    >
    > Do a search on Microsoft's website for the Microsoft Installer Update
    > Utility.
    >
    > Download and install it. Then run it.
    >
    > A list of programs that have been previously installed using the installer
    > will show.
    >
    > If you have a program in that list that you have been unable to install,
    > click it and proceed. If there are any programs in the list you don't use,
    > remove them too.
    >
    > REBOOT your Machine from a hard stop. (Not just restart, close it down,
    > then restart) THEN go to Microsft Windows Update and run it. It should run,
    > (mine caught up with 40 updates)


  7. #7
    Jeff Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    MSIcuu2.exe is the file name.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

  8. #8
    Kukri Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    Thanks, but the update isn't showing on the list.

    "Jeff" wrote:

    > MSIcuu2.exe is the file name.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301


  9. #9
    Jeff Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.



    "Kukri" wrote:

    > Thanks, but the update isn't showing on the list.



    Sounds like your best answer is to contact the originator of your system.

    In my case, (vista) The system was corrupted by programs that were not
    compatible with the OS.

    Noteably NERO, and a corrupt Media Player installation.

  10. #10
    Kukri Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    All right. Thanks for your help.

    "Jeff" wrote:

    >
    >
    > "Kukri" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks, but the update isn't showing on the list.

    >
    >
    > Sounds like your best answer is to contact the originator of your system.
    >
    > In my case, (vista) The system was corrupted by programs that were not
    > compatible with the OS.
    >
    > Noteably NERO, and a corrupt Media Player installation.


  11. #11
    jeanniebee Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    I tried the re-installing Vista solution, was able to find the upgrade
    prompt, and it seemed to work successfully. It made a terrible mess. I can no
    longer get on my wireless internet connection. When Vista opens, I get a
    message saying Synaptics touchpad enhancements has stopped working. Then I
    immediately get a blue screen that says there's a problem but disappears
    before I can copy it completely. The first string of numbers after system
    problem is 0X0000008E. Also, my sound card stopped working. Can anyone tell
    me where to start to fix this. I can copy everything and do a clean install,
    but would like to avoid that if possible. Thanks.

  12. #12
    updatecode Guest

    Re: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.


    i have a problem i don't have a installation cd my laptop came wit
    vista installe

    --
    updatecod
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co


  13. #13
    Lyrically Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    I had the blue screen problems on this computer and had the memory
    reinstalled. Try the Memory Diagnostics Tool. It fixed the problems I had as
    I also had a problem with the sound card and modem as well. I hope this helps.

    "jeanniebee" wrote:

    > I tried the re-installing Vista solution, was able to find the upgrade
    > prompt, and it seemed to work successfully. It made a terrible mess. I can no
    > longer get on my wireless internet connection. When Vista opens, I get a
    > message saying Synaptics touchpad enhancements has stopped working. Then I
    > immediately get a blue screen that says there's a problem but disappears
    > before I can copy it completely. The first string of numbers after system
    > problem is 0X0000008E. Also, my sound card stopped working. Can anyone tell
    > me where to start to fix this. I can copy everything and do a clean install,
    > but would like to avoid that if possible. Thanks.


  14. #14
    sallyw Guest

    RE: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    Hi Jesse

    Having the same problem, but do not have installation disc as Windows Vista
    Home Premium came preloaded on computer when I bought it. Any suggestions?
    --
    thanx

    Sallyw


    "Jesse" wrote:

    > Had this same problem and a tech support fixed it, hope this works for you.
    >
    > This is what he wrote:
    >
    > This seems that there is a system issue which blocked the self update for
    > Windows Update Agent. To resolve this issue, we can perform an in-place
    > upgrade to replace the corrupted files. The in-place upgrade will only
    > replace the system files and do not remove any installed applications. So, it
    > is safe for us. However, it requires you have the installation CD and product
    > key for Vista. If you do not have the CD and key, please let me know.
    >
    >
    >
    > If you would like to perform the in-place upgrade, let’s refer to the
    > following steps.
    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
    >
    > 2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
    >
    > 3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
    >
    >
    >
    > • If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears.
    > Click Install now.
    >
    > • If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
    >
    >
    >
    > a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
    >
    >
    >
    > Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
    >
    > b. Click Install now.
    >
    >
    >
    > 4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen,
    > click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.
    >
    >
    >
    > Please let me know if this can help us fix the problem. However, if the
    > problem persists, I will contact our Windows Vista Support to help us.
    > Because of the current problem is a more system related issue. They are
    > experts on this issue and I believe it is the most efficient way to resolve
    > this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    >
    >
    > Mike Qu
    >
    >
    >
    > v-30miqu@mssupport.microsoft.com
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional
    >
    >


  15. #15
    Crissamn Guest

    Re: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.

    How do you make sure that the default location for downloads is Desktop?

    "masonbarge@gmail.com" wrote:

    > I had this same problem but solved it more simply.
    >
    > 1. Make sure that the default location for downloads is Desktop.
    > 2. Find the specific update on the Microsoft webstie (you may find it
    > easiest to write down the update number when the automatic
    > installation starts).
    > 3. Download it; when the dialogue box pops up, check "save to disk".
    > 4. Go to your desktop and double click the icon for the Download.
    >
    > This worked like a charm for me and took only 5-10 minutes, including
    > figuring it out and rebooting after the successful installation.
    >
    > On Oct 5, 9:33 pm, Jesse <Je...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > > Had this same problem and a tech support fixed it, hope this works for you.
    > >
    > > This is what he wrote:
    > >
    > > This seems that there is a system issue which blocked the self update for
    > > Windows Update Agent. To resolve this issue, we can perform an in-place
    > > upgrade to replace the corrupted files. The in-place upgrade will only
    > > replace the system files and do not remove any installed applications. So, it
    > > is safe for us. However, it requires you have the installation CD and product
    > > key for Vista. If you do not have the CD and key, please let me know.
    > >
    > > If you would like to perform the in-place upgrade, let's refer to the
    > > following steps.
    > >
    > > 1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
    > >
    > > 2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
    > >
    > > 3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:
    > >
    > > · If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears.
    > > Click Install now.
    > >
    > > · If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:
    > >
    > > a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.
    > >
    > > Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.
    > >
    > > b. Click Install now.
    > >
    > > 4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen,
    > > click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.
    > >
    > > Please let me know if this can help us fix the problem. However, if the
    > > problem persists, I will contact our Windows Vista Support to help us.
    > > Because of the current problem is a more system related issue. They are
    > > experts on this issue and I believe it is the most efficient way to resolve
    > > this issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
    > >
    > > Best Regards,
    > >
    > > Mike Qu
    > >
    > > v-30m...@mssupport.microsoft.com
    > >
    > > Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional

    >
    >
    >


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vista Update not working. Error 800B0100.
    By jlauriale in forum Operating Systems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
  2. Vista Ultimate Update Error: Code 800B0100
    By Max Nodir in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-04-2009, 08:48 PM
  3. Vista service pack1 update error code 800B0100
    By gatjjohn in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-05-2008, 11:26 AM
  4. Windows Vista Update error 800B0100
    By PieterPaulus in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-12-2007, 01:53 AM
  5. Vista Windows Update Error Msg 800B0100
    By Richard in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-07-2007, 04:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,632,856,503.26993 seconds with 16 queries