Re: error number: 0xC8000643
Are you not aware of how to use Google Groups?
Notice that the results were Sorted by date?
That search at the time it was given probably captured recent posts.
In any case notice that it still captures threads which contain answers
by MVP. So modify the search by adding MVP as a search term
and accept Google's default ordering of Sorted by relevance:
There. Now it should be more clear to you that you have found some answers
instead of questions
If you are getting the Windows Update Error number: 0xC8000643 like I did after downloading SP3. Then do what I did!!! I installed Firefox. But got all my updates. But it didn't fix the error message that you get from MS Updates. I guess Microsoft wants us to use Firefox instead of IE7.
Error code 0xC8000643 was countered while trying to get updates. This error code 0xC8000643 occurs when the download process of Windows Update has not been completed successfully. Some background programs are likely causing the issue. We can refer to the following steps to get the issue resolved.
Step 1: Prepare a Clean Boot environment.
1. Click Start and Click Run, and in the "Open" line, type in "MSCONFIG" (without the quotation marks) and click OK.
2. Under the Service tab, check "Hide All Microsoft Services", and then click "Disable All" button. In this way, we can disable all the services which belong to third-party programs.
3. Under the Startup tab, click "Disable All" button.
4. Click OK.
5. Choose Yes to restart the computer.
6. Check "Don't show this message or launch the system configuration utility when Windows starts".
Step 2: Reset Internet Explorer settings, and disable third-party Internet Explorer plug-ins.
1. Click Start, Run, type: inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
2. Select the General tab, and in the Temporary Internet files window, click Delete Cookies, and click OK.
3. In the same tab click Delete Flies, check the "Delete all offline contents" box and click OK.
4. Click "Clear History" and click Yes.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Click the "Use HTTP 1.1" check box.
7. Click the "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections" check box.
8. Click OK to confirm the changes.
Step 3: Clean up Windows Update temporary folder
Since the Windows Update temporary folders are used by Automatic Updates service and Cryptographic Services, we need stop Automatic Updates service and Cryptographic Services before we rename the two Windows Update folders. We can refer the following steps.
1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following two commands one by one in the opened window.
Net stop WuAuServ
Net stop Cryptsvc
2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.
3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.
4. Click Start, Run, type: "%windir%\System32"(without quotations) and press Enter.
5. Find the CatRoot2 folder, right-click on it, and select RENAME. Change the name to CR2OLD. Make sure you press Enter after typing in the new name, so the changes are executed.
6. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following two commands to start two services in the opened window.
Net start WuAuServ
Net start Cryptsvc
|Tags: 0xc8000643, 0xc8000643, 0xc8000643, cryptsvc, cryptsvc, msconfig, msconfig, number, number|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "error number: 0xC8000643"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSUS Client Update Failed with Error Code 0xC8000643||sas||Windows Update||6||23-02-2009 07:13 PM|
|Help with windows vista mail, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F||!Starr!||Windows Vista Mail||3||18-02-2009 12:53 PM|
|Server Error: 451, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F||Eigenberg||Windows XP Support||3||03-06-2008 04:13 PM|
|windows mail Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E||.:MUNDITO:.||Windows Vista Mail||2||20-05-2008 06:23 PM|
|Error displaying page error [Error number: 0x80090305]||shai||Windows Update||3||21-07-2005 01:07 AM|