Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 19-09-2007
chimeratei
 
Posts: n/a
Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2

I've continually tried to download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Express Edition Service Pack 2 but the 'install now' never goes away and it's
constantly telling me its a required update I don't yet have. Now when I try
to install it the following happens.

Failed: 1 update

Error(s) found:

Code 11194

I could not find anything online detailing this error. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-09-2007
chimeratei
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2

Still haven't found a solution, has this ever happened to anyone else?

"chimeratei" wrote:

> I've continually tried to download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> Express Edition Service Pack 2 but the 'install now' never goes away and it's
> constantly telling me its a required update I don't yet have. Now when I try
> to install it the following happens.
>
> Failed: 1 update
>
> Error(s) found:
>
> Code 11194
>
> I could not find anything online detailing this error. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-12-2007
User01
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2

Yep, same thing. I have Backup Exec 11d installed, and I'm wondering if it
has anything to do with it. Same with you?

"chimeratei" wrote:

> Still haven't found a solution, has this ever happened to anyone else?
>
> "chimeratei" wrote:
>
> > I've continually tried to download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> > Express Edition Service Pack 2 but the 'install now' never goes away and it's
> > constantly telling me its a required update I don't yet have. Now when I try
> > to install it the following happens.
> >
> > Failed: 1 update
> >
> > Error(s) found:
> >
> > Code 11194
> >
> > I could not find anything online detailing this error. Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-03-2008
Pat
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2

I have the same problem and I do think it's related to BE 11d.

"User01" wrote:

> Yep, same thing. I have Backup Exec 11d installed, and I'm wondering if it
> has anything to do with it. Same with you?
>
> "chimeratei" wrote:
>
> > Still haven't found a solution, has this ever happened to anyone else?
> >
> > "chimeratei" wrote:
> >
> > > I've continually tried to download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> > > Express Edition Service Pack 2 but the 'install now' never goes away and it's
> > > constantly telling me its a required update I don't yet have. Now when I try
> > > to install it the following happens.
> > >
> > > Failed: 1 update
> > >
> > > Error(s) found:
> > >
> > > Code 11194
> > >
> > > I could not find anything online detailing this error. Any help would be
> > > greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2008
Joshua
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2

I have same issue w/o BE. My box is a OEM HP dx2250. Opened the box,
uninstalled symantec AV that came on it and started running updates.
Everything works until i get to SQLexpress SP2. Repeated failures even after
clearing caches, downloading update separately, etc. My next course of
action is removing sql express. It is not worth the time to me to figure out,
this machine is going into a maintenance office for our maintenance crew.


"Pat" wrote:

> I have the same problem and I do think it's related to BE 11d.
>
> "User01" wrote:
>
> > Yep, same thing. I have Backup Exec 11d installed, and I'm wondering if it
> > has anything to do with it. Same with you?
> >
> > "chimeratei" wrote:
> >
> > > Still haven't found a solution, has this ever happened to anyone else?
> > >
> > > "chimeratei" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I've continually tried to download and install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> > > > Express Edition Service Pack 2 but the 'install now' never goes away and it's
> > > > constantly telling me its a required update I don't yet have. Now when I try
> > > > to install it the following happens.
> > > >
> > > > Failed: 1 update
> > > >
> > > > Error(s) found:
> > > >
> > > > Code 11194
> > > >
> > > > I could not find anything online detailing this error. Any help would be
> > > > greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Won't update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706) Beneficence Operating Systems 15 04-09-2010 06:35 PM
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP3 (KB955706) won't install mikey Windows Update 7 23-05-2010 10:54 PM
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 (KB 92189 Puppy Breath Vista Help 7 23-07-2008 08:40 PM
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 2 KB921896 Dr. George Windows Update 13 05-07-2008 09:38 AM
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (KB 921896) Install Error Mike B Windows Update 11 13-04-2007 02:52 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:03 PM.