Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Latest updates for vista fail to install

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-09-2007
diabulos
 
Posts: n/a
Latest updates for vista fail to install

Running Vista ultimate, with my antivirus uninstalled, I try to install the
latest updates (shows about 7 of them) in some instances it goes through the
motions and ask to restart, then once back, i check the update window and it
is still there and it appears as a failed in the update history. Problem is
that it keeps doing a system restore and if I delay the restart, then as it
fails, it takes me back to the poitn before the failed installation.

The error codes it gives don't appear in the knowledge base nor even via
google (what is the point of vista generating an error code that MS has no
seeming knowledge of?)

these are the errors I get:

800719E4
800F0826

Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2007
MowGreen [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

> Running Vista ultimate, with my antivirus uninstalled,

And which AV would that be, diabulos ?
Sadly, some AVs leave file/folder/registry "settings" or services
running even though they have been "uninstalled".

800F0826 may be helpful as it means that an update failed to install
because another update it was dependent on failed to install.
Open the WindowsUpdate.log by going to
Start > Run > type in

%windir%\windowsupdate.log
Click OK or press Enter

Please post the last 50 or so lines of the log into your reply.


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


diabulos wrote:

> Running Vista ultimate, with my antivirus uninstalled, I try to install the
> latest updates (shows about 7 of them) in some instances it goes through the
> motions and ask to restart, then once back, i check the update window and it
> is still there and it appears as a failed in the update history. Problem is
> that it keeps doing a system restore and if I delay the restart, then as it
> fails, it takes me back to the poitn before the failed installation.
>
> The error codes it gives don't appear in the knowledge base nor even via
> google (what is the point of vista generating an error code that MS has no
> seeming knowledge of?)
>
> these are the errors I get:
>
> 800719E4
> 800F0826
>
> Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2007
Jelle
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

I have the same problem for Vista Business.
I can't install updates KB938194 and KB938979, which I tried several times.
The log says:

2007-09-07 16:57:26:245 1108 444 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
Updates ###########
2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
preference)
2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Tuesday
at 3:00
2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
(User preference)
2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-09-11 09:00:00
2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Obtained Post reboot hr from
Agent:800719e4
2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU WARNING: Post-reboot install failure,
error = 0x800719E4
2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Forced Reboot'
2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU Triggering Offline detection
(non-interactive)
2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU AU finished delayed initialization
2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU #############

Can anyone help me?

Jelle
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2007
MowGreen [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

Check the Event Viewer for errors

Start > Run > type in
eventvwr.msc
Click OK

Applications and Services Log => Microsoft => Windows =>
WindowsUpdateClient => Operational

There is no information available on error 0x800719E4

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


Jelle wrote:

> I have the same problem for Vista Business.
> I can't install updates KB938194 and KB938979, which I tried several times.
> The log says:
>
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:245 1108 444 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
> Updates ###########
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
> preference)
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Tuesday
> at 3:00
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
> (User preference)
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
> 2007-09-11 09:00:00
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Obtained Post reboot hr from
> Agent:800719e4
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU WARNING: Post-reboot install failure,
> error = 0x800719E4
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU AU setting pending client directive to
> 'Forced Reboot'
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU Triggering Offline detection
> (non-interactive)
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU AU finished delayed initialization
> 2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU #############
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Jelle

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-09-2007
Jelle
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

Thanks!
For some reason I was able to install update KB938194, but KB938979 still
doesn't work. The Event Viewer says "Windows Update lost connectivity" (ID
29) and I couldn't find any further information. The log gives the same error
message.

Jelle


"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
> Check the Event Viewer for errors
>
> Start > Run > type in
> eventvwr.msc
> Click OK
>
> Applications and Services Log => Microsoft => Windows =>
> WindowsUpdateClient => Operational
>
> There is no information available on error 0x800719E4
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
> Jelle wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem for Vista Business.
> > I can't install updates KB938194 and KB938979, which I tried several times.
> > The log says:
> >
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:245 1108 444 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
> > Updates ###########
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
> > preference)
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Tuesday
> > at 3:00
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
> > (User preference)
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
> > 2007-09-11 09:00:00
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Obtained Post reboot hr from
> > Agent:800719e4
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU WARNING: Post-reboot install failure,
> > error = 0x800719E4
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU AU setting pending client directive to
> > 'Forced Reboot'
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU Triggering Offline detection
> > (non-interactive)
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU AU finished delayed initialization
> > 2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU #############
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
> >
> > Jelle

>

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-09-2007
MowGreen [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

You're mowst welcome. See if you can download the update manually, save
it, and then close all open programs and browsers :

Vista 32 bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...C-D3EB2071BBEC

After the download is finished *right* click Windows6.0-KB938979-x86.msu
and choose 'Run as administrator'. Follow the prompts and then reboot
the system if the update installs.


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Jelle wrote:

> Thanks!
> For some reason I was able to install update KB938194, but KB938979 still
> doesn't work. The Event Viewer says "Windows Update lost connectivity" (ID
> 29) and I couldn't find any further information. The log gives the same error
> message.
>
> Jelle
>
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>>Check the Event Viewer for errors
>>
>>Start > Run > type in
>>eventvwr.msc
>>Click OK
>>
>>Applications and Services Log => Microsoft => Windows =>
>>WindowsUpdateClient => Operational
>>
>>There is no information available on error 0x800719E4
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>
>>
>>Jelle wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I have the same problem for Vista Business.
>>>I can't install updates KB938194 and KB938979, which I tried several times.
>>>The log says:
>>>
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:245 1108 444 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
>>>Updates ###########
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
>>>preference)
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Tuesday
>>>at 3:00
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:277 1108 444 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
>>>(User preference)
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
>>>2007-09-11 09:00:00
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU Obtained Post reboot hr from
>>>Agent:800719e4
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU WARNING: Post-reboot install failure,
>>>error = 0x800719E4
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:292 1108 444 AU AU setting pending client directive to
>>>'Forced Reboot'
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU Triggering Offline detection
>>>(non-interactive)
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU AU finished delayed initialization
>>>2007-09-07 16:57:26:308 1108 444 AU #############
>>>
>>>Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>>Jelle

>>

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-09-2007
Steelo
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

I tried %windir%\windowsupdate.log and received a message saying it was in
use by another user. I should be the only one using this. What could it be?
Also, I can manually install KB938194 successfully, but KB938194 for Windows
Vista fails every time. For some reason one works and the other doesn't.


"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> > Running Vista ultimate, with my antivirus uninstalled,

>
> And which AV would that be, diabulos ?
> Sadly, some AVs leave file/folder/registry "settings" or services
> running even though they have been "uninstalled".
>
> 800F0826 may be helpful as it means that an update failed to install
> because another update it was dependent on failed to install.
> Open the WindowsUpdate.log by going to
> Start > Run > type in
>
> %windir%\windowsupdate.log
> Click OK or press Enter
>
> Please post the last 50 or so lines of the log into your reply.
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
> diabulos wrote:
>
> > Running Vista ultimate, with my antivirus uninstalled, I try to install the
> > latest updates (shows about 7 of them) in some instances it goes through the
> > motions and ask to restart, then once back, i check the update window and it
> > is still there and it appears as a failed in the update history. Problem is
> > that it keeps doing a system restore and if I delay the restart, then as it
> > fails, it takes me back to the poitn before the failed installation.
> >
> > The error codes it gives don't appear in the knowledge base nor even via
> > google (what is the point of vista generating an error code that MS has no
> > seeming knowledge of?)
> >
> > these are the errors I get:
> >
> > 800719E4
> > 800F0826
> >
> > Any ideas?

>

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-09-2007
MowGreen [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

Steelo wrote:

> I tried %windir%\windowsupdate.log and received a message saying it was in
> use by another user. I should be the only one using this. What could it be?
> Also, I can manually install KB938194 successfully, but KB938194 for Windows
> Vista fails every time. For some reason one works and the other doesn't.
>
>


The Windows Update service is most likely writing to the log. Either
that or there is something malicious on the system.
Stop the WU service from Start > Run > type in

net stop wuauserv
Click OK
Now try to open the WindowsUpdate.log


Not sure what you mean by
>> Also, I can manually install KB938194 successfully, but KB938194 for Windows
>> Vista fails every time. For some reason one works and the other doesn't.
>>


Is the update installed now ?


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-09-2007
Steelo
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

Here are the last 50 lines of the log if it helps.


:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
2007-09-24 20:02:32:100 1108 e4c Agent * Access type: No proxy
2007-09-24 20:02:32:178 1108 e4c Agent * Network state: Connected
2007-09-24 20:03:17:855 1108 e4c Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
Windows Update Agent ***********
2007-09-24 20:03:17:855 1108 e4c Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
global settings cache ***********
2007-09-24 20:03:17:855 1108 e4c Agent * WSUS server: <NULL>
2007-09-24 20:03:17:855 1108 e4c Agent * WSUS status server: <NULL>
2007-09-24 20:03:17:855 1108 e4c Agent * Target group: (Unassigned
Computers)
2007-09-24 20:03:17:855 1108 e4c Agent * Windows Update access disabled: No
2007-09-24 20:03:18:026 1108 e4c DnldMgr Download manager restoring 0
downloads
2007-09-24 20:03:18:026 1108 e4c AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
Updates ###########
2007-09-24 20:03:18:026 1108 e4c AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
preference)
2007-09-24 20:03:18:026 1108 e4c AU # Scheduled install day/time: Every
day at 3:00
2007-09-24 20:03:18:026 1108 e4c AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
(User preference)
2007-09-24 20:03:18:089 1108 e4c AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-09-25 08:00:00
2007-09-24 20:03:18:089 1108 e4c AU AU finished delayed initialization
2007-09-24 20:03:18:900 1108 e4c Report *********** Report: Initializing
static reporting data ***********
2007-09-24 20:03:18:900 1108 e4c Report * OS Version = 6.0.6000.0.0.66304
2007-09-24 20:03:18:900 1108 e4c Report * OS Product Type = 0x00000003
2007-09-24 20:03:18:947 1108 e4c Report * Computer Brand = HP-Pavilion
2007-09-24 20:03:18:947 1108 e4c Report * Computer Model = RK573AA-ABA
a1710n
2007-09-24 20:03:18:947 1108 e4c Report * Bios Revision = 5.04
2007-09-24 20:03:18:947 1108 e4c Report * Bios Name = Phoenix - AwardBIOS
v6.00PG
2007-09-24 20:03:18:947 1108 e4c Report * Bios Release Date =
2006-12-15T00:00:00
2007-09-24 20:03:18:947 1108 e4c Report * Locale ID = 1033
2007-09-24 20:20:52:218 1108 e4c AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2007-09-24 20:20:52:436 1108 e4c Service *********
2007-09-24 20:20:52:436 1108 e4c Service ** END ** Service: Service exit
[Exit code = 0x240001]
2007-09-24 20:20:52:436 1108 e4c Service *************


"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Steelo wrote:
>
> > I tried %windir%\windowsupdate.log and received a message saying it was in
> > use by another user. I should be the only one using this. What could it be?
> > Also, I can manually install KB938194 successfully, but KB938194 for Windows
> > Vista fails every time. For some reason one works and the other doesn't.
> >
> >

>
> The Windows Update service is most likely writing to the log. Either
> that or there is something malicious on the system.
> Stop the WU service from Start > Run > type in
>
> net stop wuauserv
> Click OK
> Now try to open the WindowsUpdate.log
>
>
> Not sure what you mean by
> >> Also, I can manually install KB938194 successfully, but KB938194 for Windows
> >> Vista fails every time. For some reason one works and the other doesn't.
> >>

>
> Is the update installed now ?


What I mean by the above statement is that when I do a manual install, it
does so successfully whereas if I do it automatically, it fails. When I look
at my update history, the successful install is listed as a windows update
and the failed install shows up as a Windows Vista update. Hope that
clarifies a bit.
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-10-2007
Bresis
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Latest updates for vista fail to install

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem installing my updates on my Vista Home
Premium.
After restarting my computer to finish installing the updates, the update
history will say updates failed to install and the error code given is
800719E4.
Can anyone help me please?

The last 50 lines of my log are here:

2007-10-27 02:04:52:550 1088 fd0 Agent * Bundles 1 updates:
2007-10-27 02:04:52:550 1088 fd0 Agent *
{D92EA169-1FDF-4075-B516-3813266A6ED7}.100
2007-10-27 02:04:52:550 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation
Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] ***********
2007-10-27 02:04:52:550 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
0x00000000
2007-10-27 02:04:52:581 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {D92EA169-1FDF-4075-B516-3813266A6ED7}.100] ***********
2007-10-27 02:04:52:597 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Queueing update for download
handler request generation.
2007-10-27 02:04:52:597 1088 fd0 DnldMgr Generating download request for
update {D92EA169-1FDF-4075-B516-3813266A6ED7}.100
2007-10-27 02:04:58:244 1088 fd0 Handler Generating request for CBS update
D92EA169-1FDF-4075-B516-3813266A6ED7 in sandbox
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\f935fd411b8d7e285dfafe4cc4ac2afa
2007-10-27 02:04:58:244 1088 fd0 Handler Selected payload type is ptExpress
2007-10-27 02:04:58:244 1088 fd0 Handler UH: DpxRestoreJob returned 0x80070002
2007-10-27 02:04:58:244 1088 fd0 Handler Detected download state is
dsHavePackage
2007-10-27 02:05:03:501 1088 efc Handler CBS called Error with 0x800f0816,
2007-10-27 02:05:03:501 1088 fd0 Handler Async stage operation completed
with 0x800f0816
2007-10-27 02:05:03:533 1088 fd0 Handler Request generation for CBS update
complete with hr=0x0 and pfResetSandbox=0
2007-10-27 02:05:03:533 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {D92EA169-1FDF-4075-B516-3813266A6ED7}.100] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:03:720 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * All files for update were
already downloaded and are valid.
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 fd0 Agent *********
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 fd0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 fd0 Agent *************
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 b20 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Download update
[UpdateId = {90C142A5-0912-4B72-AB4D-FABE6590191F}, succeeded]
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 b20 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-10-26 17:00:00
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 b20 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Download Progress'
2007-10-27 02:05:03:735 1088 b20 AU WARNING: Pending directive, 'Download
Progress', is not applicable
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *************
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr ** START ** DnldMgr: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Call ID =
{25E054CC-6C58-4012-9EC9-AFFFF7FCB4B1}
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Priority = 2, Interactive = 0,
Owner is system = 1, Explicit proxy = 0, Proxy session id = -1, ServiceId =
{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Updates to download = 1
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 Agent * Title = Update for Windows
Media Format 11 SDK for Windows Vista (KB929399)
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 Agent * UpdateId =
{AEB4D2AB-1D77-4378-ADC4-5AD910B8DD29}.103
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 Agent * Bundles 1 updates:
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 Agent *
{B2D99E0A-99C3-4311-BFAB-AB9EEA1D676A}.103
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation
Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
0x00000000
2007-10-27 02:05:03:767 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {B2D99E0A-99C3-4311-BFAB-AB9EEA1D676A}.103] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:03:782 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Queueing update for download
handler request generation.
2007-10-27 02:05:03:782 1088 fd0 DnldMgr Generating download request for
update {B2D99E0A-99C3-4311-BFAB-AB9EEA1D676A}.103
2007-10-27 02:05:04:250 1088 fd0 Handler Generating request for CBS update
B2D99E0A-99C3-4311-BFAB-AB9EEA1D676A in sandbox
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\28418a3fb5b92fe69d5d733f9a00a9db
2007-10-27 02:05:04:250 1088 fd0 Handler Selected payload type is ptExpress
2007-10-27 02:05:04:250 1088 fd0 Handler UH: DpxRestoreJob returned 0x80070002
2007-10-27 02:05:04:250 1088 fd0 Handler Detected download state is
dsHavePackage
2007-10-27 02:05:05:561 1088 efc Handler CBS called Error with 0x800f0816,
2007-10-27 02:05:05:561 1088 fd0 Handler Async stage operation completed
with 0x800f0816
2007-10-27 02:05:05:576 1088 fd0 Handler Request generation for CBS update
complete with hr=0x0 and pfResetSandbox=0
2007-10-27 02:05:05:576 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {B2D99E0A-99C3-4311-BFAB-AB9EEA1D676A}.103] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:05:576 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * All files for update were
already downloaded and are valid.
2007-10-27 02:05:05:779 1088 fd0 Agent *********
2007-10-27 02:05:05:779 1088 fd0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-10-27 02:05:05:779 1088 b20 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Download update
[UpdateId = {AEB4D2AB-1D77-4378-ADC4-5AD910B8DD29}, succeeded]
2007-10-27 02:05:05:779 1088 fd0 Agent *************
2007-10-27 02:05:05:779 1088 b20 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-10-26 17:00:00
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *************
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr ** START ** DnldMgr: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Call ID =
{D6A96022-6258-45F5-AF54-7E96C0752061}
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Priority = 2, Interactive = 0,
Owner is system = 1, Explicit proxy = 0, Proxy session id = -1, ServiceId =
{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Updates to download = 1
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 Agent * Title = Update for Windows
Vista (KB936357)
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 Agent * UpdateId =
{1432CBBA-1FE6-4DA5-A928-9B736B6337BE}.100
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 Agent * Bundles 1 updates:
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 Agent *
{5DC68958-DE89-4A85-9134-DA10A28DBA1B}.100
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation
Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
0x00000000
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 b20 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Download Progress'
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 b20 AU WARNING: Pending directive, 'Download
Progress', is not applicable
2007-10-27 02:05:05:826 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {5DC68958-DE89-4A85-9134-DA10A28DBA1B}.100] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:05:841 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Queueing update for download
handler request generation.
2007-10-27 02:05:05:841 1088 fd0 DnldMgr Generating download request for
update {5DC68958-DE89-4A85-9134-DA10A28DBA1B}.100
2007-10-27 02:05:06:216 1088 fd0 Handler Generating request for CBS update
5DC68958-DE89-4A85-9134-DA10A28DBA1B in sandbox
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\9f69bb5b8440493af77a16d5abe3bfd2
2007-10-27 02:05:06:216 1088 fd0 Handler Selected payload type is ptExpress
2007-10-27 02:05:06:216 1088 fd0 Handler UH: DpxRestoreJob returned 0x80070002
2007-10-27 02:05:06:216 1088 fd0 Handler Detected download state is
dsHavePackage
2007-10-27 02:05:07:370 1088 efc Handler CBS called Error with 0x800f0816,
2007-10-27 02:05:07:370 1088 fd0 Handler Async stage operation completed
with 0x800f0816
2007-10-27 02:05:07:386 1088 fd0 Handler Request generation for CBS update
complete with hr=0x0 and pfResetSandbox=0
2007-10-27 02:05:07:386 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {5DC68958-DE89-4A85-9134-DA10A28DBA1B}.100] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:07:386 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * All files for update were
already downloaded and are valid.
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 fd0 Agent *********
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 fd0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 b20 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Download update
[UpdateId = {1432CBBA-1FE6-4DA5-A928-9B736B6337BE}, succeeded]
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 fd0 Agent *************
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 b20 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-10-26 17:00:00
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 b20 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Download Progress'
2007-10-27 02:05:07:401 1088 b20 AU WARNING: Pending directive, 'Download
Progress', is not applicable
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *************
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr ** START ** DnldMgr: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Call ID =
{F23B487A-E94C-487B-B059-3C50D5CB9089}
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Priority = 2, Interactive = 0,
Owner is system = 1, Explicit proxy = 0, Proxy session id = -1, ServiceId =
{9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Updates to download = 1
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 Agent * Title = Update for Windows Mail
Junk E-mail Filter [October 2007] (KB905866)
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 Agent * UpdateId =
{416D78C8-7FF2-4CA8-978B-979B170EBBCD}.101
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 Agent * Bundles 1 updates:
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 Agent *
{3A373C55-3286-4408-A4D1-D4EA924E7EBE}.101
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation
Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
0x00000000
2007-10-27 02:05:07:433 1088 fd0 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {3A373C55-3286-4408-A4D1-D4EA924E7EBE}.101] ***********
2007-10-27 02:05:07:448 1088 fd0 DnldMgr * Queueing update for download
handler request generation.
2007-10-27 02:05:07:448 1088 fd0 DnldMgr Generating download request for
update {3A373C55-3286-4408-A4D1-D4EA924E7EBE}.101

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Latest updates for vista fail to install"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft Office 2003 Updates download, but fail to install. Judy B Office Update Service 4 30-09-2010 09:02 AM
automatic updates fail to install mfruech Windows Update 10 22-07-2008 01:51 PM
Vista Updates fail to install Osmin Windows Update 1 26-05-2008 10:15 PM
Latest Office 2003 Updates Failed To Install kusumanabh Office Update Service 4 22-02-2008 12:11 AM
Latest updates won't install Martin L. Shoemaker Windows Update 14 15-12-2006 12:26 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:19 AM.