Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Update Error 8000FFFF

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-08-2007
Henk
 
Posts: n/a
Update Error 8000FFFF

Today I tried to update Windows on a brandnew notebook with Vista Home
Premium pre-installed. The installation went perfect. But when I tried to
update Windows the Error 8000FFFF appeared. "Cannot update the computer".
Who can help me. (With the installation Norton Internet Security was also
installed, maybe this information is helpfull). Who can help me?

With kind regards,
Henk.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2007
JulieD
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Update Error 8000FFFF

HI I just got a new notebook with vista basic and it will not update either.
did you get any anwere with regards to this? thanks Julie

"Henk" wrote:

> Today I tried to update Windows on a brandnew notebook with Vista Home
> Premium pre-installed. The installation went perfect. But when I tried to
> update Windows the Error 8000FFFF appeared. "Cannot update the computer".
> Who can help me. (With the installation Norton Internet Security was also
> installed, maybe this information is helpfull). Who can help me?
>
> With kind regards,
> Henk.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2007
Henk
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Update Error 8000FFFF

Hi,
I asked the Acer helpdesk what to do: They suggest to make a full recovery
of the computer. The have send me an e-mail how to do this. I hope that this
will work.
--
With kind regards,
Henk.


"JulieD" wrote:

> HI I just got a new notebook with vista basic and it will not update either.
> did you get any anwere with regards to this? thanks Julie
>
> "Henk" wrote:
>
> > Today I tried to update Windows on a brandnew notebook with Vista Home
> > Premium pre-installed. The installation went perfect. But when I tried to
> > update Windows the Error 8000FFFF appeared. "Cannot update the computer".
> > Who can help me. (With the installation Norton Internet Security was also
> > installed, maybe this information is helpfull). Who can help me?
> >
> > With kind regards,
> > Henk.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2007
JulieD
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Update Error 8000FFFF

Hi Henk did that work? doing a full recovery does that mean reformatting?
could you send me the instructions for this. seajewel@shaw.ca thanks JulieD

"Henk" wrote:

> Hi,
> I asked the Acer helpdesk what to do: They suggest to make a full recovery
> of the computer. The have send me an e-mail how to do this. I hope that this
> will work.
> --
> With kind regards,
> Henk.
>
>
> "JulieD" wrote:
>
> > HI I just got a new notebook with vista basic and it will not update either.
> > did you get any anwere with regards to this? thanks Julie
> >
> > "Henk" wrote:
> >
> > > Today I tried to update Windows on a brandnew notebook with Vista Home
> > > Premium pre-installed. The installation went perfect. But when I tried to
> > > update Windows the Error 8000FFFF appeared. "Cannot update the computer".
> > > Who can help me. (With the installation Norton Internet Security was also
> > > installed, maybe this information is helpfull). Who can help me?
> > >
> > > With kind regards,
> > > Henk.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-08-2007
Henk
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Update Error 8000FFFF

Hi Julie,
It worked perfectly. Because it was a new computer I had not new programs
installed or other things. I will send you an e-mail hot to make a recovery.
It is very easy and the job was done in twenty minutes.
--
With kind regards,
Henk.


"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Henk did that work? doing a full recovery does that mean reformatting?
> could you send me the instructions for this. seajewel@shaw.ca thanks JulieD
>
> "Henk" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I asked the Acer helpdesk what to do: They suggest to make a full recovery
> > of the computer. The have send me an e-mail how to do this. I hope that this
> > will work.
> > --
> > With kind regards,
> > Henk.
> >
> >
> > "JulieD" wrote:
> >
> > > HI I just got a new notebook with vista basic and it will not update either.
> > > did you get any anwere with regards to this? thanks Julie
> > >
> > > "Henk" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Today I tried to update Windows on a brandnew notebook with Vista Home
> > > > Premium pre-installed. The installation went perfect. But when I tried to
> > > > update Windows the Error 8000FFFF appeared. "Cannot update the computer".
> > > > Who can help me. (With the installation Norton Internet Security was also
> > > > installed, maybe this information is helpfull). Who can help me?
> > > >
> > > > With kind regards,
> > > > Henk.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-08-2007
sdlomi2
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Update Error 8000FFFF


"JulieD" <JulieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B4ACD56B-8C6C-4EBA-90C0-31A54097B948@microsoft.com...
> Hi Henk did that work? doing a full recovery does that mean reformatting?
> could you send me the instructions for this. seajewel@shaw.ca thanks
> JulieD
>
> "Henk" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I asked the Acer helpdesk what to do: They suggest to make a full
>> recovery
>> of the computer. The have send me an e-mail how to do this. I hope that
>> this
>> will work.
>> --
>> With kind regards,
>> Henk.
>>
>>
>> "JulieD" wrote:
>>
>> > HI I just got a new notebook with vista basic and it will not update
>> > either.
>> > did you get any anwere with regards to this? thanks Julie
>> >
>> > "Henk" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Today I tried to update Windows on a brandnew notebook with Vista
>> > > Home
>> > > Premium pre-installed. The installation went perfect. But when I
>> > > tried to
>> > > update Windows the Error 8000FFFF appeared. "Cannot update the
>> > > computer".
>> > > Who can help me. (With the installation Norton Internet Security was
>> > > also
>> > > installed, maybe this information is helpfull). Who can help me?
>> > >
>> > > With kind regards,
>> > > Henk.

Hey Julie, maybe this will fix yours as it has several others of us, s.
1. Click on Start and then click Run,
2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
press Enter.
3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
click OK.
4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL.....Luck, sdlomi2


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-08-2007
technomonkey
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Update Error 8000FFFF

Hi,

I am getting the same error message and my results are;


REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL - "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.dll succeeded"

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL - "The module "WUAUENG.DLL" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"

REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL - "The module "WUAUENG1.DLL" failed to load make sure
the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems
with the binary or dependent dll files."

REGSVR32 ATL.DLL - "The module "ATL.DLL" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002901c"

REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL - "The module "WUCLTUI.DLL" failed to load make sure
the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems
with the binary or dependent dll files."

REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL - "The module "WUPS.DLL" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"

REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL - "The module "WUPS2.DLL" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"

REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL - "The module "WUWEB.DLL" failed to load make sure the
binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with
the binary or dependent dll files."

Thanks in advance for any help!
Michael


> Hey Julie, maybe this will fix yours as it has several others of us, s.
> 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
> press Enter.
> 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
> click OK.
> 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL.....Luck, sdlomi2
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2008
DR. ABHISHEK AGRAWAL
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Update Error 8000FFFF


> > Hey Julie, maybe this will fix yours as it has several others of us, s.
> > 1. Click on Start and then click Run,
> > 2. In the open field type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and
> > press Enter.
> > 3. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" message,
> > click OK.
> > 4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
> > REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
> > REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
> > REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL.....Luck, sdlomi2
> > AFTER DOING THIS ERROR STILL COMES
> > WHAT TO DO
> > PLZ REPLY ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-11-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Re: Update Error 8000FFFF

Hrm... I believe my last windows update failed and I am having a hard time repairing my computer. When I start up I get an error:
The instruction at "0x00a598f0" reference memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
I tried to follow the directions in this post: http://www.pchell.com/support/svchosterror.shtml (which is similar to your instructions)

But when I run the REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL (either through the command prompt or through the Windows/Run) I get the error:
DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL failed. Return code was: 0x80070005
I have purchased and installed RegCure but I can't seem to fix the problem on startup. I am going to try to "Remove the Corrupted Windows Updates" from my computer now but if anyone has any other advice I am all ears :(

I will keep you all posted...

Miki
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Update Error 8000FFFF"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HERE TO FIX ERROR Code 8000FFFF/ Update for Windows Vista (KB92977 Pyromate Windows Update 7 27-01-2010 03:47 AM
FIX: Vista Win Update errors 8000FFFF & 80240016 Patty Windows Update 2 12-02-2009 10:02 AM
Vista Update issue error code 8000ffff antogod Operating Systems 2 03-02-2009 02:49 PM
Windows update Error code 8000FFFF Paul Vista Help 10 30-10-2008 04:32 AM
Windows Vista Update error 8000FFFF. It use to worng in the morni Hostet Windows Update 3 12-08-2007 11:20 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:54 PM.