Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #16  
Old 06-07-2007
magnificent
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

Same Problem HERE!

"Kaine260" wrote:

> I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> 0x8007F01E. Please help.
>
> Zack

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 23-10-2007
Dave W
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

I cannot believe that there isnt better coverage of this by MSoft.
You cant send email support without coughing up 99 dollars even thuogh the
update says support is free!

Anyway I have this problem and have tried a number of the solution suggested
elsewhere involing ernaming the catroot2 files and deregistering and
re-reregistering crypto services - I couldnt rename the catroot2 directoy as
it was in use by a sevrice other than crypto!

after the last attempt to install (I need SP 2 top run SQL server 2005
express)
I see in catroot2/dberr.txt ...

CatalogDB: 12:08:31 PM 10/23/2007: File #1 at line #1569 encountered error
0xfffffbfe
CatalogDB: 12:08:31 PM 10/23/2007: File #3 at line #223 encountered error
0xfffffbfe
CatalogDB: 12:08:31 PM 10/23/2007: File #2 at line #643 encountered error
0xfffffbfe
CatalogDB: 12:08:31 PM 10/23/2007: DONE Adding Catalog File: Tmp.0.scw.cat


"Kaine260" wrote:

> I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> 0x8007F01E. Please help.
>
> Zack

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 13-12-2007
mrenticon
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
it during the day.

"Kaine260" wrote:

> I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> 0x8007F01E. Please help.
>
> Zack

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13-12-2007
Dave W
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

Having posted the message prior to yours I shoudl now post how I cured it!


I had tried the ideas in this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/822798/en-us
and wasnt able to do the rename catroot2 as some other sevrices beside
crypto were using it.

so I stopped crypto - set to manual start, restarted the server and then was
able to rename the Catroot2 directory, and then the service pack installed.

So bascially the SP wont install as you have run too many updates for the
cataloging "database" to handle so you remove them and it will install ok.

I then set crypto back to automatic and rebooted.



"mrenticon" wrote:

> Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
> support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
> it during the day.
>
> "Kaine260" wrote:
>
> > I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> > 0x8007F01E. Please help.
> >
> > Zack

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13-12-2007
mrenticon
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

Great suggestion, Dave. I'll give that a try.

"Dave W" wrote:

> Having posted the message prior to yours I shoudl now post how I cured it!
>
>
> I had tried the ideas in this KB article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/822798/en-us
> and wasnt able to do the rename catroot2 as some other sevrices beside
> crypto were using it.
>
> so I stopped crypto - set to manual start, restarted the server and then was
> able to rename the Catroot2 directory, and then the service pack installed.
>
> So bascially the SP wont install as you have run too many updates for the
> cataloging "database" to handle so you remove them and it will install ok.
>
> I then set crypto back to automatic and rebooted.
>
>
>
> "mrenticon" wrote:
>
> > Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
> > support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
> > it during the day.
> >
> > "Kaine260" wrote:
> >
> > > I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> > > 0x8007F01E. Please help.
> > >
> > > Zack

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 17-12-2007
steve@mcmillaninc.com
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

I tried it but, it did not work for me.
Have tried numerous options including all mentioned in this thread. Still no
solution.

Any-one else??

Steve

"mrenticon" wrote:

> Great suggestion, Dave. I'll give that a try.
>
> "Dave W" wrote:
>
> > Having posted the message prior to yours I shoudl now post how I cured it!
> >
> >
> > I had tried the ideas in this KB article:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/822798/en-us
> > and wasnt able to do the rename catroot2 as some other sevrices beside
> > crypto were using it.
> >
> > so I stopped crypto - set to manual start, restarted the server and then was
> > able to rename the Catroot2 directory, and then the service pack installed.
> >
> > So bascially the SP wont install as you have run too many updates for the
> > cataloging "database" to handle so you remove them and it will install ok.
> >
> > I then set crypto back to automatic and rebooted.
> >
> >
> >
> > "mrenticon" wrote:
> >
> > > Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
> > > support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
> > > it during the day.
> > >
> > > "Kaine260" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> > > > 0x8007F01E. Please help.
> > > >
> > > > Zack

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-02-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1
After months of frustration I finally ran across this less-than-obvious KB Article that actually worked!!! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940276

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
windows small business server 2003 help! acidgypc Operating Systems 1 11-11-2010 08:10 PM
Windows Server Small Business 2003 irreverant Operating Systems 1 06-10-2009 01:16 PM
VPN onto Windows Small Business Server 2003 Dave Brierley-Jones Small Business Server 3 18-11-2008 03:17 PM
Unable to install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Rocklobstar Windows Update 0 10-07-2008 07:42 PM
Cannot install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 Administration T sleff Windows Server Help 1 04-01-2006 09:27 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:56 PM.