I have tryed to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with
    Advanced Services Service Pack 2 (KB 921896) several times and keep getting
    the following error code: 0x112CD

Any suggestions?

gfantle Guest

re: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (KB 921896) Install Error

I have encountered the exact same issue...looks like Microsoft is
    investigating the issue. They probably just need to ensure that the update
    is compatible with both Vista and WindowsXP. Hang in there.

"Mike B" wrote:

> I have tryed to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with
    > Advanced Services Service Pack 2 (KB 921896) several times and keep getting
    > the following error code: 0x112CD
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    >

RobertS Guest

I tried 3 times today myself and it failed all three times but with an error
    code 0x6DD3.

"Mike B" wrote:

> I have tryed to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with
    > Advanced Services Service Pack 2 (KB 921896) several times and keep getting
    > the following error code: 0x112CD
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    >

Eagle Guest

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (KB 921896)Install Erro - Mike

On the taskbar, click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Run text box, and then click OK.

Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib]. Look up the following keys:

"Last Counter"=dword:00000ed4 (5276)

"Last Help"=dword:00000ed5 (5277)

Verify the values. The Last Counter value from the previous step (5276) must be equal to the maximum value of the Counter key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key, and the Last Help value from the previous step (5277) must be equal to the maximum value of the Help key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009].

Note:
    "009" is the key used for the English (United States) language.

If necessary, modify the value for the Last Counter and Last Help values in the \Perflib key. Right-click Last Counter or Last Help in the right pane, select Modify, click Base = Decimal, set the value in the Value data field, and then click OK. Repeat for the other key, if necessary, and then close the registry editor.

Try update again

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

pilloman99 Guest

In my system the keys in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009] are equals, and I can't install the update.
    What's wrong? I tried to install 5 times and the process finish with the same
    error code 0x6DD3. I need help!!!

"Eagle" wrote:

> On the taskbar, click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Run text box, and then click OK.
    >
    > Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib]. Look up the following keys:
    >
    > "Last Counter"=dword:00000ed4 (5276)
    >
    >
    > "Last Help"=dword:00000ed5 (5277)
    >
    >
    > Verify the values. The Last Counter value from the previous step (5276) must be equal to the maximum value of the Counter key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key, and the Last Help value from the previous step (5277) must be equal to the maximum value of the Help key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009].
    >
    > Note:
    > "009" is the key used for the English (United States) language.
    >
    >
    >
    > If necessary, modify the value for the Last Counter and Last Help values in the \Perflib key. Right-click Last Counter or Last Help in the right pane, select Modify, click Base = Decimal, set the value in the Value data field, and then click OK. Repeat for the other key, if necessary, and then close the registry editor.
    >
    > Try update again
    >
    > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    >

Outsider Guest

Disagree.

I thought the whole idea of updates was to keep people away from making
    changes to the registry. My laptop has been trying to install this everyday
    for the last week and no luck. I thought MS would have gotten to the root of
    the issue but no such luck.

"Eagle" wrote:

> On the taskbar, click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Run text box, and then click OK.
    >
    > Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib]. Look up the following keys:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Verify the values. The Last Counter value from the previous step (5276) must be equal to the maximum value of the Counter key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key, and the Last Help value from the previous step (5277) must be equal to the maximum value of the Help key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009].
    >
    > Note:
    >
    >
    >
    > If necessary, modify the value for the Last Counter and Last Help values in the \Perflib key. Right-click Last Counter or Last Help in the right pane, select Modify, click Base = Decimal, set the value in the Value data field, and then click OK. Repeat for the other key, if necessary, and then close the registry editor.
    >
    > Try update again
    >
    >

Outsider Guest

Disagree.

"Eagle" wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Note:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try update again
    >
    >

Outsider Guest

Disagree.

"Eagle" wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Note:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try update again
    >
    >

Yoyo Guest

RE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition (KB 921896) Install

Same here - desktop has tried to install this update at every reboot since
    3rd of April, but it fails with error "Code: 0". Not awesomely helpful.

I only edit the registry to resolve known conflicts and corruptions, where
    the correct values are clearly documented and most importantly the rationale
    for the change is crystal clear. So I'll hold off on trying Eagle's fix for
    a bit. Besides, his first reply indicated this was not necessarily the cause
    of the problem.

What I'd really like to see is a statement from Microsoft about the status
    of this problem.

music on the web: www.esnips.com/web/yahyas-music

"Outsider" wrote:

> Disagree.
    >
    > I thought the whole idea of updates was to keep people away from making
    > changes to the registry. My laptop has been trying to install this everyday
    > for the last week and no luck. I thought MS would have gotten to the root of
    > the issue but no such luck.
    >
    > "Eagle" wrote:
    >
    > > On the taskbar, click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Run text box, and then click OK.
    > >
    > > Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib]. Look up the following keys:
    > >
    > > "Last Counter"=dword:00000ed4 (5276)
    > >
    > >
    > > "Last Help"=dword:00000ed5 (5277)
    > >
    > >
    > > Verify the values. The Last Counter value from the previous step (5276) must be equal to the maximum value of the Counter key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key, and the Last Help value from the previous step (5277) must be equal to the maximum value of the Help key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009].
    > >
    > > Note:
    > > "009" is the key used for the English (United States) language.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > If necessary, modify the value for the Last Counter and Last Help values in the \Perflib key. Right-click Last Counter or Last Help in the right pane, select Modify, click Base = Decimal, set the value in the Value data field, and then click OK. Repeat for the other key, if necessary, and then close the registry editor.
    > >
    > > Try update again
    > >
    > > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
    > > http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    > >

Yoyo Guest

of the problem.

of this problem.

"Outsider" wrote:

> Disagree.
    >
    >
    > "Eagle" wrote:
    >
    > > On the taskbar, click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Run text box, and then click OK.
    > >
    > > Navigate to the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib]. Look up the following keys:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Verify the values. The Last Counter value from the previous step (5276) must be equal to the maximum value of the Counter key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key, and the Last Help value from the previous step (5277) must be equal to the maximum value of the Help key from Perflib\009 in the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009].
    > >
    > > Note:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > If necessary, modify the value for the Last Counter and Last Help values in the \Perflib key. Right-click Last Counter or Last Help in the right pane, select Modify, click Base = Decimal, set the value in the Value data field, and then click OK. Repeat for the other key, if necessary, and then close the registry editor.
    > >
    > > Try update again
    > >
    > >

Yoyo Guest

of the problem.

of this problem.

"Outsider" wrote:

> Disagree.
    >
    >
    > "Eagle" wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Note:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Try update again
    > >
    > >

RE: SOLUTION !!! It works for me

Usually, when windows update doesn't work, it is because you have disabled the corresponding service. It has happened to me several times, and I have solved it with that:

1) Go to Start --> And Execute
    2) Type services.msc
    3) Check SQL Server (SQL Express) in the list
    and if it is disabled, double click on this service, and choose the manual option instead of the disable one in the menu.
    4) And click on start this service.

Once SQL server is started, try to update it again.

If this service is disabled, or not started you won't be able to update it.

Ok I hope it works.