Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 25-02-2007
SteveH
 
Posts: n/a
Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over

Hello!!! Wonder if anyone has seen this. Security patch (KB923723) installs
over and over. I've downloaded it and installed it, then Auto updates pops
up and says it needs to be installed. Install it and it pops up and says it
needs to be installed again. Over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA

Steve


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-02-2007
Joe
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over

Hi Steve, I am having the same problem. So far Microsoft has failed to
resolve. In my updates review window of installed updates, this patch has
installed like 25 times! I finally just turned off "auto reminders" until
they fix. (Hopefully soon)

"SteveH" wrote:

> Hello!!! Wonder if anyone has seen this. Security patch (KB923723) installs
> over and over. I've downloaded it and installed it, then Auto updates pops
> up and says it needs to be installed. Install it and it pops up and says it
> needs to be installed again. Over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> TIA
>
> Steve
>

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-02-2007
MowGreen [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over

STRONGLY suggest you contact PSS as there is NO FEE for issues with
SECURITY updates -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-005.mspx

>>> Support:
>>> Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
>>> Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are
>>> associated with security updates.
>>> International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries.
>>> There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more
>>> information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International
>>> Support Web site.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=21155


The ONLY way MS will know there is an issue with this update is if those
whose systems have an issue with it REPORT IT TO them.


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Joe wrote:

> Hi Steve, I am having the same problem. So far Microsoft has failed to
> resolve. In my updates review window of installed updates, this patch has
> installed like 25 times! I finally just turned off "auto reminders" until
> they fix. (Hopefully soon)
>
> "SteveH" wrote:
>
>
>>Hello!!! Wonder if anyone has seen this. Security patch (KB923723) installs
>>over and over. I've downloaded it and installed it, then Auto updates pops
>>up and says it needs to be installed. Install it and it pops up and says it
>>needs to be installed again. Over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>> TIA
>>
>>Steve
>>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-02-2007
Kim
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over

This is what finally helped me:

In regard to the KB923723 re-offer issue, it can be caused if the special
file lrun32.exe has not been upgrade successfully. Therefore, rename
lrun32.exe in C:\ProgramFiles\Mspress\Training and then install KB923723 to
test the issue.

Rename the lrun32.exe
==========================
1. Close all the open windows.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Navigate to C:\ProgramFiles\Mspress\Training.
4. Find the lrun32.exe, right-click on it, and select Rename. Change the
name to lrun32.old. Make sure you press Enter after typing in the new name so
the changes are executed.

Download the update from the following link:
=======================================
1. Please visit the following link

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...23-x86-ENU.exe

2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
save the file StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-ENU.exe to the
Desktop.

3. Please locate the file StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-ENU.exe
on the Desktop.
4. Double click the file to install the update.


"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> STRONGLY suggest you contact PSS as there is NO FEE for issues with
> SECURITY updates -
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-005.mspx
>
> >>> Support:
> >>> Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
> >>> Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are
> >>> associated with security updates.
> >>> International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries.
> >>> There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more
> >>> information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International
> >>> Support Web site.

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=21155
>
>
> The ONLY way MS will know there is an issue with this update is if those
> whose systems have an issue with it REPORT IT TO them.
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
> Joe wrote:
>
> > Hi Steve, I am having the same problem. So far Microsoft has failed to
> > resolve. In my updates review window of installed updates, this patch has
> > installed like 25 times! I finally just turned off "auto reminders" until
> > they fix. (Hopefully soon)
> >
> > "SteveH" wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Hello!!! Wonder if anyone has seen this. Security patch (KB923723) installs
> >>over and over. I've downloaded it and installed it, then Auto updates pops
> >>up and says it needs to be installed. Install it and it pops up and says it
> >>needs to be installed again. Over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >> TIA
> >>
> >>Steve
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2007
Dorothy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over

Hi Kim,

The solution you offered on this forum certainly worked for me! KB923723
had attempted to download to my computer 20 times before I realized what was
going on. I am certainly not a 'techie' but I'm learning.

Many thanks for my peace of mind!
--
Dorothy


"Kim" wrote:

> This is what finally helped me:
>
> In regard to the KB923723 re-offer issue, it can be caused if the special
> file lrun32.exe has not been upgrade successfully. Therefore, rename
> lrun32.exe in C:\ProgramFiles\Mspress\Training and then install KB923723 to
> test the issue.
>
> Rename the lrun32.exe
> ==========================
> 1. Close all the open windows.
> 2. Open My Computer.
> 3. Navigate to C:\ProgramFiles\Mspress\Training.
> 4. Find the lrun32.exe, right-click on it, and select Rename. Change the
> name to lrun32.old. Make sure you press Enter after typing in the new name so
> the changes are executed.
>
> Download the update from the following link:
> =======================================
> 1. Please visit the following link
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...23-x86-ENU.exe
>
> 2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> save the file StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-ENU.exe to the
> Desktop.
>
> 3. Please locate the file StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-ENU.exe
> on the Desktop.
> 4. Double click the file to install the update.
>
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > STRONGLY suggest you contact PSS as there is NO FEE for issues with
> > SECURITY updates -
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-005.mspx
> >
> > >>> Support:
> > >>> Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
> > >>> Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are
> > >>> associated with security updates.
> > >>> International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries.
> > >>> There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more
> > >>> information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International
> > >>> Support Web site.

> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=21155
> >
> >
> > The ONLY way MS will know there is an issue with this update is if those
> > whose systems have an issue with it REPORT IT TO them.
> >
> >
> > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> > ===============
> > *-343-* FDNY
> > Never Forgotten
> > ===============
> >
> > Joe wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Steve, I am having the same problem. So far Microsoft has failed to
> > > resolve. In my updates review window of installed updates, this patch has
> > > installed like 25 times! I finally just turned off "auto reminders" until
> > > they fix. (Hopefully soon)
> > >
> > > "SteveH" wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >>Hello!!! Wonder if anyone has seen this. Security patch (KB923723) installs
> > >>over and over. I've downloaded it and installed it, then Auto updates pops
> > >>up and says it needs to be installed. Install it and it pops up and says it
> > >>needs to be installed again. Over and over. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > >> TIA
> > >>
> > >>Steve
> > >>

> >

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-03-2007
Jonathan
 
Posts: n/a
Lrun32.exe

What do I do if my PC doesn't have this file? Any thoughts?

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-03-2007
Poprivet
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lrun32.exe

Jonathan wrote:
> What do I do if my PC doesn't have this file? Any thoughts?
>
> EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com


Nothing; it appears to be a legit part of a learning module.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS05-031.mspx

HTH
Pop`


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-03-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Hi Kim, thanks for that fix...seems to have worked fine...that constant reinstall was starting to drive me nuts.

Pete
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Security patch (KB923723) installs over and over"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple will release a security patch for Safari and Mac OS X jackalz Web News & Trends 2 17-04-2011 04:40 AM
What is new in Windows7 Security Patch ISO image file Lashawn Networking & Security 5 30-03-2010 09:18 AM
Download Pure Security Patch Dion Video Games 0 16-01-2009 03:02 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:06 PM.