Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Internal error 2503 and 2502

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-02-2007
chas
 
Posts: n/a
Internal error 2503 and 2502

Hi all, i am trying to reinstall dotnet 1.1 and i keep getting this error !!

any help?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-10-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
Check the NTFS security on the %systemroot%\WINDOWS\Installer folder and it's contents. (Also on the prefetch folder. ) It should at least have the following perms set:

Administrators Full Control
System Full Control
Users Read& Execute.

Something, probably malware, hosed my security on the folder and removed the Administrators and Users perms. Once I gave it the above perms the installer msi packages started working again.

Also check the Registry perms for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer

They should be set similiarly.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Internal error 2503 and 2502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymac View Post
Check the NTFS security on the %systemroot%\WINDOWS\Installer folder and it's contents. (Also on the prefetch folder. ) It should at least have the following perms set:

Administrators Full Control
System Full Control
Users Read& Execute.

Something, probably malware, hosed my security on the folder and removed the Administrators and Users perms. Once I gave it the above perms the installer msi packages started working again.

Also check the Registry perms for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer

They should be set similiarly.

Yeah, uh... Got any of them LAMENS terms? I'm running XP and I can't install ANYTHING at ALL becuse of these things. I JUST installed XP too so I don't know wth is going on here... nfst? wth is that and how do I slap it into shape so it will do what I tell it??

QQ Please help good sir. I'm quite doomed here without your help! The only other thing I've seen to "fix" this error is to reset your time? like it is "wrong" so it wont work...? JUST installed XP people, time is perfect! But anyways, you sound like you know what's going on (much more than I do)... Step by step? Program to run...?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Internal error 2503 and 2502


"vladdangel" <vladdangel.3ld0nc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:vladdangel.3ld0nc@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> Tommymac;3241653 Wrote:
>> Check the NTFS security on the %systemroot%\WINDOWS\Installer folder and
>> it's contents. (Also on the prefetch folder. ) It should at least have
>> the following perms set:
>>
>> Administrators Full Control
>> System Full Control
>> Users Read& Execute.
>>
>> Something, probably malware, hosed my security on the folder and
>> removed the Administrators and Users perms. Once I gave it the above
>> perms the installer msi packages started working again.
>>
>> Also check the Registry perms for the
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
>>
>>
>> They should be set similiarly.

>
>
> Yeah, uh... Got any of them LAMENS terms? I'm running XP and I can't
> install ANYTHING at ALL becuse of these things. I JUST installed XP too
> so I don't know wth is going on here...


> nfst? wth is that and how do I slap it into shape so it will do what I tell it??



First, spell it the same way the poster gave it and then do a search
in your offline XP Help & Support. E.g. press Win-F1 then Alt-S,
then type NTFS and press Enter...


>
> QQ Please help good sir. I'm quite doomed here without your help!
> The only other thing I've seen to "fix" this error is to reset your
> time? like it is "wrong" so it wont work...? JUST installed XP people,
> time is perfect! But anyways, you sound like you know what's going on
> (much more than I do)...


> Step by step? Program to run...?



I think you'll find that people are quite willing to help by providing hints
and tips but they will want you to do your share of the work too... ; }


HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---


>
>
> --
> vladdangel
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> vladdangel's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/vladdangel.htm
> View this thread: Internal error 2503 and 2502
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>



Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Internal error 2503 and 2502"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PHP 5.3 and IIS 7:Getting error message ‘500 Internal Server Error The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly‘ Ro-Man Technology & Internet 5 21-06-2011 11:20 AM
Win Vista Sp2 install Error : An internal error occurred while installing the service pack savio Operating Systems 3 04-12-2009 04:30 PM
system error: An internal error occurred: the request is not supported Ihit MediaCenter 3 14-12-2008 04:25 AM
Office Enterprise 2007 - Error 2203 - internal error 2147287035 Ovia Office Setup 3 18-05-2008 04:06 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:48 AM.