Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 18-08-2006
mojomuse
 
Posts: n/a
outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

hi there,

just discovered an issue on my wife's PC, which is very similar to one
had before (where an auto update meant for outlook express broke
outlook).

basically, send/receive no longer works.

also, when i go into email account options etc + do a test send i
immediately get "cancelled" when trying to find servers.

pretty sure an auto-update has mangled something here, but can't seem
to find anything new (the original update has never been reinstalled).

ps

- don't have anti-virus check emails (tho i do run standard shield on
avast)
- have a hardware router, but no other software firewall (only
peerguardian, which i've disabled)

any help would be much appreciated ..?!


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-08-2006
alex.mcarthur.hart@gmail.com
 
Posts: n/a
Re: outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

hi there,

am i the only one out there with this issue - or do i need to know the
secret password to get an help here ..? x-)

mojomuse wrote:
> hi there,
>
> just discovered an issue on my wife's PC, which is very similar to one
> had before (where an auto update meant for outlook express broke
> outlook).
>
> basically, send/receive no longer works.
>
> also, when i go into email account options etc + do a test send i
> immediately get "cancelled" when trying to find servers.
>
> pretty sure an auto-update has mangled something here, but can't seem
> to find anything new (the original update has never been reinstalled).
>
> ps
>
> - don't have anti-virus check emails (tho i do run standard shield on
> avast)
> - have a hardware router, but no other software firewall (only
> peerguardian, which i've disabled)
>
> any help would be much appreciated ..?!


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-08-2006
alex.mcarthur.hart@gmail.com
 
Posts: n/a
Re: outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

just discovered - uninstalling KB920214 seems to fix this issue (at
least for me ;-).

cheers ..!


alex.mcarthur.hart@gmail.com wrote:
> hi there,
>
> am i the only one out there with this issue - or do i need to know the
> secret password to get an help here ..? x-)
>
> mojomuse wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > just discovered an issue on my wife's PC, which is very similar to one
> > had before (where an auto update meant for outlook express broke
> > outlook).
> >
> > basically, send/receive no longer works.
> >
> > also, when i go into email account options etc + do a test send i
> > immediately get "cancelled" when trying to find servers.
> >
> > pretty sure an auto-update has mangled something here, but can't seem
> > to find anything new (the original update has never been reinstalled).
> >
> > ps
> >
> > - don't have anti-virus check emails (tho i do run standard shield on
> > avast)
> > - have a hardware router, but no other software firewall (only
> > peerguardian, which i've disabled)
> >
> > any help would be much appreciated ..?!


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-08-2006
Robert Aldwinckle
 
Posts: n/a
(cross-post added to Office Update)
<alex.mcarthur.hart@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156289843.706071.29640@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> just discovered - uninstalling KB920214 seems to fix this issue (at
> least for me ;-).



That was a security change to inetcomm.dll
supposedly for a vulnerability in Outlook Express.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-043.mspx


Perhaps in fact it is used by Outlook 2003 as well?
DependencyWalker shows that there are a lot of generic sounding
entrypoints in that module. It may only refer to OE if OE in some
sense "owns" that module but since OE is part of the OS it could be
shared by any other application which needs to use its services.


Thanks for posting your workaround. Pay attention to the "mitigating factors"
documented in the link above while you have that patch disabled. ; )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-04-2007
M_Muggins
 
Posts: n/a
RE: outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

I'm also experiencing troubles with outlook send receive errors. I've tried
several things suggested on this site, but it still isn't working. The
problem seems to "roll" between users on my pc. One person will be able to
use email, while the other two accounts cannot.

I have not yet tried uninstalling KB920214. Can somebody please tell me how
to remove the update?

Everything worked fine until the update last Tuesday. See copy of post from
other thread below for the history:
_________________________________________________________

I tried first re-configuring Norton Internet Security. It didn't work, so I
uninstalled and reinstalled it. I thought it was fixed. The firewall was
"learning", but now I am back to the same old errors. I am going to try to
get some answers by reposting this in the thread: outlook 2003 send receive
error 0x80070...

Thanks, anyway.
--
Frustrated by flawed updates!


"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> See if anything here helps:
>
> Error message when you start Microsoft Outlook: "0x80042108 Outlook is
> unable to connect to your incoming POP3 e-mail server
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318790
>
> How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
> receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "M_Muggins" wrote:
>
> > I had the user32.dll errors too. I went through the bother of backing up my
> > precious files and ran the hotfix. The error messages have gone away, but now
> > I am having problems with my Sympatico email. The error messages are
> > happening for both sending and receiving messages. They are intermittent, and
> > one user's email account will be fine, while the other two users' accounts
> > are failing. Here is an example of the error messages:
> >
> > Task 'pop6.sympatico.ca - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook
> > is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue
> > to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
> > service provider (ISP).'
> >
> > Can anyone help me to remove the update from April 3? Are there any other
> > suggestions?
> >
> > (I would have started a new post, but for some reason I can only reply to
> > existing ones. Sorry.)
> >
> > M_Muggins




Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-04-2007
M_Muggins
 
Posts: n/a
RE: outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

I'm also experiencing troubles with outlook send receive errors. I've tried
several things suggested on this site, but it still isn't working. The
problem seems to "roll" between users on my pc. One person will be able to
use email, while the other two accounts cannot.

I have not yet tried uninstalling KB920214. Can somebody please tell me how
to remove the update?

Everything worked fine until the update last Tuesday. See copy of post from
other thread below for the history:
_________________________________________________________

I tried first re-configuring Norton Internet Security. It didn't work, so I
uninstalled and reinstalled it. I thought it was fixed. The firewall was
"learning", but now I am back to the same old errors. I am going to try to
get some answers by reposting this in the thread: outlook 2003 send receive
error 0x80070...

Thanks, anyway.
--
Frustrated by flawed updates!


"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> See if anything here helps:
>
> Error message when you start Microsoft Outlook: "0x80042108 Outlook is
> unable to connect to your incoming POP3 e-mail server
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318790
>
> How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
> receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "M_Muggins" wrote:
>
> > I had the user32.dll errors too. I went through the bother of backing up my
> > precious files and ran the hotfix. The error messages have gone away, but now
> > I am having problems with my Sympatico email. The error messages are
> > happening for both sending and receiving messages. They are intermittent, and
> > one user's email account will be fine, while the other two users' accounts
> > are failing. Here is an example of the error messages:
> >
> > Task 'pop6.sympatico.ca - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook
> > is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue
> > to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
> > service provider (ISP).'
> >
> > Can anyone help me to remove the update from April 3? Are there any other
> > suggestions?
> >
> > (I would have started a new post, but for some reason I can only reply to
> > existing ones. Sorry.)
> >
> > M_Muggins




Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-04-2007
M_Muggins
 
Posts: n/a
RE: outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a

I'm also experiencing troubles with outlook send receive errors. I've tried
several things suggested on this site, but it still isn't working. The
problem seems to "roll" between users on my pc. One person will be able to
use email, while the other two accounts cannot.

I have not yet tried uninstalling KB920214. Can somebody please tell me how
to remove the update?

Everything worked fine until the update last Tuesday. See copy of post from
other thread below for the history:
_________________________________________________________

I tried first re-configuring Norton Internet Security. It didn't work, so I
uninstalled and reinstalled it. I thought it was fixed. The firewall was
"learning", but now I am back to the same old errors. I am going to try to
get some answers by reposting this in the thread: outlook 2003 send receive
error 0x80070...

Thanks, anyway.
--
Frustrated by flawed updates!


"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> See if anything here helps:
>
> Error message when you start Microsoft Outlook: "0x80042108 Outlook is
> unable to connect to your incoming POP3 e-mail server
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318790
>
> How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and
> receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "M_Muggins" wrote:
>
> > I had the user32.dll errors too. I went through the bother of backing up my
> > precious files and ran the hotfix. The error messages have gone away, but now
> > I am having problems with my Sympatico email. The error messages are
> > happening for both sending and receiving messages. They are intermittent, and
> > one user's email account will be fine, while the other two users' accounts
> > are failing. Here is an example of the error messages:
> >
> > Task 'pop6.sympatico.ca - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook
> > is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue
> > to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
> > service provider (ISP).'
> >
> > Can anyone help me to remove the update from April 3? Are there any other
> > suggestions?
> >
> > (I would have started a new post, but for some reason I can only reply to
> > existing ones. Sorry.)
> >
> > M_Muggins




Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2007
Roverville
 
Posts: n/a
RE: outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8004210a

Did anyone ever figure this out? I tried uninstalling KB920214 di nothing for
me.

I have no send or recieve function in Outlook 2003, it does begin to work,
but loads to 50%, says send is OK (is not because nothing actauly leaves the
out box), then all stops and I get the error message 0x8004210a. I do not
have any Norton products on my computer.

Help!!
John


Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "outlook 2003 send receive error 0x8007007f and 0x8004210a"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to send and receive hotmail via Outlook - Error 0X8DE0002 Maaheru Technology & Internet 3 15-12-2010 07:35 AM
Send and Receive issue with Outlook 2003 Benjhonson Windows Software 4 25-11-2010 12:19 PM
Troubleshooting error messages that receive while trying to send and receive mail in Outlook hatred Windows Software 5 20-03-2010 05:44 AM
Outlook 2003 corrupt can't send or receive email Yancy Windows Software 4 25-02-2009 11:13 PM
Microsoft Outlook 2003 : Send / Receive and POP3 error. Victor Kam MS Office Support 1 13-04-2007 08:53 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:56 PM.