Thread: Error number: 0x8024402F

cSpooge Guest

Error number: 0x8024402F

If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    come to you guys to help me.

TaurArian Guest

RE: Error number: 0x8024402F

If you have a Wireless Router:-
    In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX.

Make sure your firewall is blocking activex.

"cSpooge" wrote:

> If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > come to you guys to help me.

cSpooge Guest

RE: Error number: 0x8024402F

that was the first thing i did. and i'm not blocking it.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> If you have a Wireless Router:-
    > In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX.
    >
    > Make sure your firewall is blocking activex.
    >
    >
    > "cSpooge" wrote:
    >
    > > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > > come to you guys to help me.

Maurice N ~ MVP Guest

Re: Error number: 0x8024402F

Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5

Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.

--
    Maurice N
    MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    -----

"cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > come to you guys to help me.

cSpooge Guest

I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    ones for my personal machine

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    >
    > Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > -----
    >
    > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i

>

cSpooge Guest

i've tried basically everything there... which isn't much its basically the
    same crap posted over and over agian.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    >
    > Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > -----
    >
    > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...

>

Maurice N ~ MVP Guest

Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log

Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.

(If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).

If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?

--
    Maurice N
    MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    -----

"cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > ones for my personal machine
    >
    > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    >>
    >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Maurice N
    >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    >> -----
    >>
    >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    >> > come to you guys to help me.

>>

cSpooge Guest

I can't get an extract so here is a link to the whole thing

http://members.shaw.ca/dweevers/WindowsUpdate.log

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    >
    > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    >
    > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    >
    > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > -----
    >
    > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > ones for my personal machine
    > >
    > > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > >>
    > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Maurice N
    > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > >> -----
    > >>
    > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > >>

>

cSpooge Guest

as for what i can see.... i can get to the part where it asks you to select
    custom or express and after that it gives me the error in the title.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    >
    > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    >
    > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    >
    > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > -----
    >
    > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > ones for my personal machine
    > >
    > >
    > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > >>
    > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Maurice N
    > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > >> -----
    > >>
    > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > >>

>

TaurArian Guest

did you notice in the WU log that they are scheduled to be installed on May
    18 at 3:00 am?

The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. This
    computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on Thursday, May 18,
    2006 at 3:00 AM: - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for
    Windows XP (KB911567) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580) - Security
    Update for Flash Player (KB913433) - Security Update for Windows XP
    (KB908531) - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP
    (KB912812) - Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB916521) - Update
    for Windows XP (KB900485) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
    2006-05-17 21:05:18 1088 fd8 Report REPORT EVENT:
    {9E3AAF63-39D1-464B-81C3-FC15F930B5B9} 2006-05-17
    21:05:15-0600 1 162 101 {015984CC-2265-47B6-B255-1818F9937F20} 102 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content Download Download succeeded.

"cSpooge" wrote:

> I can't get an extract so here is a link to the whole thing
    >
    >
    > http://members.shaw.ca/dweevers/WindowsUpdate.log
    >
    >
    > > Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    > >
    > > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    > >
    > > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    > >
    > > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Maurice N
    > > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > -----
    > >
    > > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > > ones for my personal machine
    > > >
    > > > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    > > >
    > > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > > >>
    > > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > > >>
    > > >> --
    > > >> Maurice N
    > > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > >> -----
    > > >>
    > > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > > >>

> >

TaurArian Guest

Also you have error: 0x80072efe

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...xp=&sloc=en-us
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/gxhzj

"cSpooge" wrote:

> I can't get an extract so here is a link to the whole thing
    >
    >
    > http://members.shaw.ca/dweevers/WindowsUpdate.log
    >
    >
    > > Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    > >
    > > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    > >
    > > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    > >
    > > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Maurice N
    > > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > -----
    > >
    > > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > > ones for my personal machine
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > > >>
    > > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > > >>
    > > >> --
    > > >> Maurice N
    > > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > >> -----
    > > >>
    > > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > > >>

> >

cSpooge Guest

thats just the next time they are scheduled to be downloaded... i haven't
    gotten any updates in 3 weeks.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> did you notice in the WU log that they are scheduled to be installed on May
    > 18 at 3:00 am?
    >
    > The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. This
    > computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on Thursday, May 18,
    > 2006 at 3:00 AM: - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for
    > Windows XP (KB911567) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580) - Security
    > Update for Flash Player (KB913433) - Security Update for Windows XP
    > (KB908531) - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP
    > (KB912812) - Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB916521) - Update
    > for Windows XP (KB900485) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
    > 2006-05-17 21:05:18 1088 fd8 Report REPORT EVENT:
    > {9E3AAF63-39D1-464B-81C3-FC15F930B5B9} 2006-05-17
    > 21:05:15-0600 1 162 101 {015984CC-2265-47B6-B255-1818F9937F20} 102 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content Download Download succeeded.
    >
    > "cSpooge" wrote:
    >
    > > I can't get an extract so here is a link to the whole thing
    > >
    > >
    > > http://members.shaw.ca/dweevers/WindowsUpdate.log
    > >
    > >
    > > > Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > > > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > > > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    > > >
    > > > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    > > >
    > > > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    > > >
    > > > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > > > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Maurice N
    > > > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > > -----
    > > >
    > > > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > > > ones for my personal machine
    > > > >
    > > > > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > > > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > > > >>
    > > > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > > > >>
    > > > >> --
    > > > >> Maurice N
    > > > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > > >> -----
    > > > >>
    > > > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > > > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > > > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > > > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > > > >>
    > > >

cSpooge Guest

did what it suggested in those posts and still nothing.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Also you have error: 0x80072efe
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...xp=&sloc=en-us
    > or
    > http://tinyurl.com/gxhzj
    >
    >
    > "cSpooge" wrote:
    >
    > > I can't get an extract so here is a link to the whole thing
    > >
    > >
    > > http://members.shaw.ca/dweevers/WindowsUpdate.log
    > >
    > >
    > > > Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > > > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > > > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    > > >
    > > > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    > > >
    > > > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    > > >
    > > > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > > > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Maurice N
    > > > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > > -----
    > > >
    > > > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > > > ones for my personal machine
    > > > >
    > > > > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > > > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > > > >>
    > > > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > > > >>
    > > > >> --
    > > > >> Maurice N
    > > > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > > >> -----
    > > > >>
    > > > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > > > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > > > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > > > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > > > >>
    > > >

TaurArian Guest

<snip> "following updates ARE downloaded and ready for installation" <snip>

Have you looked in the softwaredistribution folder under downloads to check
    to see if they are in fact downloaded? If they are, you could possibly
    manually install from there. Open the folders, check to see which one they
    relate to, then go to the update folder within the folder and double click
    the update.exe.

"cSpooge" wrote:

> thats just the next time they are scheduled to be downloaded... i haven't
    > gotten any updates in 3 weeks.
    >
    > "TaurArian" wrote:
    >
    > > did you notice in the WU log that they are scheduled to be installed on May
    > > 18 at 3:00 am?
    > >
    > > The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. This
    > > computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on Thursday, May 18,
    > > 2006 at 3:00 AM: - Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for
    > > Windows XP (KB911567) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB913580) - Security
    > > Update for Flash Player (KB913433) - Security Update for Windows XP
    > > (KB908531) - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP
    > > (KB912812) - Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB916521) - Update
    > > for Windows XP (KB900485) - Security Update for Windows XP (KB911562)
    > > 2006-05-17 21:05:18 1088 fd8 Report REPORT EVENT:
    > > {9E3AAF63-39D1-464B-81C3-FC15F930B5B9} 2006-05-17
    > > 21:05:15-0600 1 162 101 {015984CC-2265-47B6-B255-1818F9937F20} 102 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content Download Download succeeded.
    > >
    > > "cSpooge" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I can't get an extract so here is a link to the whole thing
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > http://members.shaw.ca/dweevers/WindowsUpdate.log
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > > Post an *extract* from the log, but only for the very last failed session(s).
    > > > > Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
    > > > > C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log
    > > > >
    > > > > Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste (ideally, put into a file & attach in reply back here) the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.
    > > > >
    > > > > (If you get a message that log file is in use.... if you have Word, you can open the file by using Read-only option).
    > > > >
    > > > > If you cannot connect to MS Windows Update website, you have a basic non-starter.
    > > > > If the pc can connect to the website, what exactly do you see and how far does it get?
    > > > >
    > > > > --
    > > > > Maurice N
    > > > > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > > > -----
    > > > >
    > > > > "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DDCB12-0D98-48A6-955E-694E1FFDB21C@microsoft.com...
    > > > > > I've been trying to get ANY UPDATE... i just installed a new machine for my
    > > > > > parents and i can't even connect to get the basic updates. Let alone any new
    > > > > > ones for my personal machine
    > > > > >
    > > > > > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
    > > > > >
    > > > > >> Do one more round of research. See these archived posts at
    > > > > >> http://tinyurl.com/f4ug5
    > > > > >>
    > > > > >> Listing the specific updates you were trying to get would help.
    > > > > >>
    > > > > >> --
    > > > > >> Maurice N
    > > > > >> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
    > > > > >> -----
    > > > > >>
    > > > > >> "cSpooge" <cSpooge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D138EAD8-EEB1-421D-8085-303EB2321371@microsoft.com...
    > > > > >> > If gotten this error for the last 3 weeks and cannot get it fixed. I have
    > > > > >> > tried everything that has been posted before and NONE of it works. I've also
    > > > > >> > contacted microsoft support but apparently then never get my attachments so i
    > > > > >> > come to you guys to help me.
    > > > > >>
    > > > >