Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 29-04-2006
Jacquib
 
Posts: n/a
Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD

Can someone please help me... I have recently updated trendmicro 2006 and now
are haveing trouble with windows updates.. i did a vulnerability check last
night, and it said that i had 3 updates required... on going to the windows
update and checking i kept getting this Error number: 0x80072EFD.. how or
what do i do it fix the problem...
--
jac

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-04-2006
Maurice N ~ MVP
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD

Have you seen MS Article 836941
You receive an "Error 0x80072EE2" or "Error 0x80072EFD" error message when you try to use Windows Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

--
Maurice N
MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
-----


"Jacquib" wrote in message news:3B6EE02A-7C4E-4F4A-B3DD-7DD8E612785E@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please help me... I have recently updated trendmicro 2006 and now
> are haveing trouble with windows updates.. i did a vulnerability check last
> night, and it said that i had 3 updates required... on going to the windows
> update and checking i kept getting this Error number: 0x80072EFD.. how or
> what do i do it fix the problem...
> --
> jac

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-04-2006
Jacquib
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD

Hi Maurice.. I hae tried that link.. have done everything ans still no go.. i
think it has to do with me blocking (cos i wasnt too sure) in trend micro.. I
am waiting on an email from them as to how to unblock this... thanks for your
help...
--
jac


"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Have you seen MS Article 836941
> You receive an "Error 0x80072EE2" or "Error 0x80072EFD" error message when you try to use Windows Update
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
> -----
>
>
> "Jacquib" wrote in message news:3B6EE02A-7C4E-4F4A-B3DD-7DD8E612785E@microsoft.com...
> > Can someone please help me... I have recently updated trendmicro 2006 and now
> > are haveing trouble with windows updates.. i did a vulnerability check last
> > night, and it said that i had 3 updates required... on going to the windows
> > update and checking i kept getting this Error number: 0x80072EFD.. how or
> > what do i do it fix the problem...
> > --
> > jac

>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-04-2006
Teri
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD

Jacquib-please let me know how you fix that problem with the "Error
0x80072EFD". I've been getting it for weeks and not sure what to do. If
anyone can help me out here, please do! I have a deployed Husband and I have
no clue about this machine other than it's our lifeline to him. My
vulnerability check found 9 criticals, very and highs this morning! HELP ME
PLEASE! Teri

"Jacquib" wrote:

> Hi Maurice.. I hae tried that link.. have done everything ans still no go.. i
> think it has to do with me blocking (cos i wasnt too sure) in trend micro.. I
> am waiting on an email from them as to how to unblock this... thanks for your
> help...
> --
> jac
>
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
> > Have you seen MS Article 836941
> > You receive an "Error 0x80072EE2" or "Error 0x80072EFD" error message when you try to use Windows Update
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
> >
> > --
> > Maurice N
> > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
> > -----
> >
> >
> > "Jacquib" wrote in message news:3B6EE02A-7C4E-4F4A-B3DD-7DD8E612785E@microsoft.com...
> > > Can someone please help me... I have recently updated trendmicro 2006 and now
> > > are haveing trouble with windows updates.. i did a vulnerability check last
> > > night, and it said that i had 3 updates required... on going to the windows
> > > update and checking i kept getting this Error number: 0x80072EFD.. how or
> > > what do i do it fix the problem...
> > > --
> > > jac

> >

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-04-2006
Maurice N ~ MVP
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD

Hi Teri,

See the Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Post back here if you still have questions.

What are the 9 critical updates (list them please) ? You "can" get them at the Microsoft Download Center. Search for them by number, download and save them. Then later, you can install each.

Microsoft Download Center
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/


Some basic advice in the meantime. As long as your Windows is working, and you have good security practices, and you know not to visit websites that are not known to you (you get the drift), there's no absolute urgency in getting updates ---- as in, my computer will cease to work if I don't get the updates.

Have a firewall on your system ( at least, if you have XP and no 3rd-party add-on, then, turn on the XP firewall).
Have a good antivirus program and keep it up-to-date, and scan system on a schedule.
Use anti-malware program to make sure your system is free of malware.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.mspx

"The Parasite Fight Quick Fix Protocol"
<http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm>

Very good article by Malke, MS-MVP
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Security

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware


--
Maurice N
MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
-----


"Teri" wrote in message news:2117C425-A052-44B5-BCD6-D6271418EA9A@microsoft.com...
> Jacquib-please let me know how you fix that problem with the "Error
> 0x80072EFD". I've been getting it for weeks and not sure what to do. If
> anyone can help me out here, please do! I have a deployed Husband and I have
> no clue about this machine other than it's our lifeline to him. My
> vulnerability check found 9 criticals, very and highs this morning! HELP ME
> PLEASE! Teri
>
> "Jacquib" wrote:
>
>> Hi Maurice.. I hae tried that link.. have done everything ans still no go.. i
>> think it has to do with me blocking (cos i wasnt too sure) in trend micro.. I
>> am waiting on an email from them as to how to unblock this... thanks for your
>> help...
>> --
>> jac
>>
>>
>> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>>
>> > Have you seen MS Article 836941
>> > You receive an "Error 0x80072EE2" or "Error 0x80072EFD" error message when you try to use Windows Update
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>> >
>> > --
>> > Maurice N
>> > MS-MVP Windows (Shell / User), Aumha.net VSOP , DTS-L
>> > -----
>> >
>> >
>> > "Jacquib" wrote in message news:3B6EE02A-7C4E-4F4A-B3DD-7DD8E612785E@microsoft.com...
>> > > Can someone please help me... I have recently updated trendmicro 2006 and now
>> > > are haveing trouble with windows updates.. i did a vulnerability check last
>> > > night, and it said that i had 3 updates required... on going to the windows
>> > > update and checking i kept getting this Error number: 0x80072EFD.. how or
>> > > what do i do it fix the problem...
>> > > --
>> > > jac
>> >

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Help... error message Error number: 0x80072EFD"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 8 update error code: 0x80072efd IreneL Operating Systems 7 19-10-2012 02:00 PM
Windows Vista update error 0x80072efd RockOn Operating Systems 5 28-03-2009 08:35 PM
Client can not connect to WSUS server (error 0x80072EFD) Casher Server Update Service 3 23-07-2008 11:52 PM
error code 0x80072efd continually on Windows/Microsoft Update 24butdazed Windows Update 4 08-06-2008 10:03 AM
DnldMgr Error 0x80072efd occurred while downloading update Theodore Long Server Update Service 9 12-03-2007 05:49 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:54 PM.