A problem with registry key permissions may cause the installation of
KB905474 to fail.
These permissions can be repaired using Registry Editor as follows:
1. Click Start, and then click Run
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK
3. Expand HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
4. Locate the subkey HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\LegitCheckControl.LegitCheck
5. Right-click the subkey and select Permissions….
6. Ensure that Administrators allowed Full Control permission
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for the subkey
(Hat tip to Robin Walker who orginally posted this fix.)
This fix is presently being incorporated into an update of the WGADiag2.exe
utility, which will be made available in a few days. Those interested in
testing this utility should contact me directly.