Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 19-05-2005
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

Windows Update Custom Install fails with the following message:

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
page.

The error number is 0xC80003FB.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Thanks, Mike



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-05-2005
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

This is the only thing I found:

8/16/2004 2:11:58 PM Re: [Error number: 0xC80003FB]
Hi,

This error means

ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.

Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is
installed and then try Windows Update again.




"Mike" wrote:

> Windows Update Custom Install fails with the following message:
>
> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
> page.
>
> The error number is 0xC80003FB.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this is?
>
> Thanks, Mike
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-05-2005
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

No change - I have 17+GB free on the drive. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling IE with no change either. Any other ideas? I browsed around the
IE Support site because I have also been experiencing crashes of IE but
nothing I have found has been any help.

Mike

"TaurArian" <TaurArian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:08FC6B2C-FFD4-435E-95FF-E5822D2F5E8C@microsoft.com...
> This is the only thing I found:
>
> 8/16/2004 2:11:58 PM Re: [Error number: 0xC80003FB]
> Hi,
>
> This error means
>
> ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
> System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.
>
> Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is
> installed and then try Windows Update again.
>
>
>
>
> "Mike" wrote:
>
>> Windows Update Custom Install fails with the following message:
>>
>> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
>> page.
>>
>> The error number is 0xC80003FB.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what this is?
>>
>> Thanks, Mike
>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-05-2005
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

Just a thought, perhaps you have something interferring with Windows Update and IE as
you mention you are having problems with IE.

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm#IEOpen
Cannot open Internet Explorer [flashes and quits]


Information about malware:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

The below links assist you in checking your system for parasites:-
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/parasite.htm
Please note that some malware may kill the internet connection when it is removed,
the program on the link below will enable you to regain the internet connection.
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;827315

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
Fight Spyware - articles by Microsoft

Spyware Programs links:-
www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
www.security.kolla.de Spybot

SpywareBlaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Downloadable McAfee AVERT Stinger:
Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a
substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist
administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes
next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally
signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.



Perhaps an online security/virus check
Symantec
http://security.norton.com/sscv6/def...d=ie&venid=sym
Trend Micro House Call:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Panda ActiveScan;
http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
McAfee FreeScan:
http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
BitDefender Online Scan:
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

Free anti virus programs
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html


"Mike" <michael.jaeger@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:tpxje.6264$fd.2651@trnddc03...
> No change - I have 17+GB free on the drive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
> IE with no change either. Any other ideas? I browsed around the IE Support site
> because I have also been experiencing crashes of IE but nothing I have found has
> been any help.
>
> Mike
>
> "TaurArian" <TaurArian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:08FC6B2C-FFD4-435E-95FF-E5822D2F5E8C@microsoft.com...
>> This is the only thing I found:
>>
>> 8/16/2004 2:11:58 PM Re: [Error number: 0xC80003FB]
>> Hi,
>>
>> This error means
>>
>> ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
>> System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.
>>
>> Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is
>> installed and then try Windows Update again.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Mike" wrote:
>>
>>> Windows Update Custom Install fails with the following message:
>>>
>>> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
>>> page.
>>>
>>> The error number is 0xC80003FB.
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me what this is?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Mike
>>>
>>>
>>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-05-2005
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

TaurArian:

Some more information from my Event Log (occurs whenever I run Windows
Update):

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: Database Page Cache
Event ID: 476
Date: 5/21/2005
Time: 10:08:11 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXX
Description:
wuauclt (2508) The database page read from the file
"C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" at offset 286720
(0x0000000000046000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification because
it contains no page data. The read operation will fail with error -1019
(0xfffffc05). If this condition persists then please restore the database
from a previous backup.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.


*************
The Help and Support Center has no information on this.

Thanks, Mike


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-05-2005
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

Looks like your file is corrupted?

Click Start, select Run, type in: services.msc
then press enter
Now look for the Automatic Updates Service, right click it and choose to stop

Click Start, select Run, type in: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
then press enter
Open the Datastore folder and delete its contents.

Click Start, select Run, type in: type services.msc
then press enter
Now look again for the Automatic Update Service and choose to start

Try running the Updates again.

If in doubt, cut and paste the contents of the datastore folder to another location
so that you can copy contents back if required.

No guarantees, also there's a possiblity that you'll lose your history of WUs (not
important).




Mike wrote:
> TaurArian:
>
> Some more information from my Event Log (occurs whenever I run Windows
> Update):
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: ESENT
> Event Category: Database Page Cache
> Event ID: 476
> Date: 5/21/2005
> Time: 10:08:11 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: XXXXXXXX
> Description:
> wuauclt (2508) The database page read from the file
> "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" at offset
> 286720 (0x0000000000046000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed
> verification because it contains no page data. The read operation
> will fail with error -1019 (0xfffffc05). If this condition persists
> then please restore the database from a previous backup.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
>
> *************
> The Help and Support Center has no information on this.
>
> Thanks, Mike


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-05-2005
Mike
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

That's it. Problem Solved - Thanks TaurArian


"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23gAWkdnXFHA.2540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Looks like your file is corrupted?
>
> Click Start, select Run, type in: services.msc
> then press enter
> Now look for the Automatic Updates Service, right click it and choose to
> stop
>
> Click Start, select Run, type in: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
> then press enter
> Open the Datastore folder and delete its contents.
>
> Click Start, select Run, type in: type services.msc
> then press enter
> Now look again for the Automatic Update Service and choose to start
>
> Try running the Updates again.
>
> If in doubt, cut and paste the contents of the datastore folder to another
> location so that you can copy contents back if required.
>
> No guarantees, also there's a possiblity that you'll lose your history of
> WUs (not important).
>
>
>
>
> Mike wrote:
>> TaurArian:
>>
>> Some more information from my Event Log (occurs whenever I run Windows
>> Update):
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: ESENT
>> Event Category: Database Page Cache
>> Event ID: 476
>> Date: 5/21/2005
>> Time: 10:08:11 PM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: XXXXXXXX
>> Description:
>> wuauclt (2508) The database page read from the file
>> "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" at offset
>> 286720 (0x0000000000046000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed
>> verification because it contains no page data. The read operation
>> will fail with error -1019 (0xfffffc05). If this condition persists
>> then please restore the database from a previous backup.
>>
>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>
>>
>> *************
>> The Help and Support Center has no information on this.
>>
>> Thanks, Mike

>



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23-05-2005
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB

You're welcome.
Kaylene

"Mike" <michael.jaeger@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:R7%je.894$4F1.375@trnddc06...
> That's it. Problem Solved - Thanks TaurArian
>
>
> "TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23gAWkdnXFHA.2540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Looks like your file is corrupted?
>>
>> Click Start, select Run, type in: services.msc
>> then press enter
>> Now look for the Automatic Updates Service, right click it and choose to stop
>>
>> Click Start, select Run, type in: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
>> then press enter
>> Open the Datastore folder and delete its contents.
>>
>> Click Start, select Run, type in: type services.msc
>> then press enter
>> Now look again for the Automatic Update Service and choose to start
>>
>> Try running the Updates again.
>>
>> If in doubt, cut and paste the contents of the datastore folder to another
>> location so that you can copy contents back if required.
>>
>> No guarantees, also there's a possiblity that you'll lose your history of WUs (not
>> important).
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Mike wrote:
>>> TaurArian:
>>>
>>> Some more information from my Event Log (occurs whenever I run Windows
>>> Update):
>>>
>>> Event Type: Error
>>> Event Source: ESENT
>>> Event Category: Database Page Cache
>>> Event ID: 476
>>> Date: 5/21/2005
>>> Time: 10:08:11 PM
>>> User: N/A
>>> Computer: XXXXXXXX
>>> Description:
>>> wuauclt (2508) The database page read from the file
>>> "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" at offset
>>> 286720 (0x0000000000046000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed
>>> verification because it contains no page data. The read operation
>>> will fail with error -1019 (0xfffffc05). If this condition persists
>>> then please restore the database from a previous backup.
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>>
>>>
>>> *************
>>> The Help and Support Center has no information on this.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Mike

>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Windows Update Error 0xC80003FB"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Windows Update error Code: 80070490 Windows Update encountered an unknown error Kumar esan Vista Help 3 04-05-2012 12:24 PM
Unable to update windows KB2505591, Error code 652 while trying to update Bing Bar 7.0. Myshaa Operating Systems 4 03-04-2011 12:33 AM
Windows Update Does Not Work, Windows Standalone Update Installer Stops With Error 0xc8000247 Leiff Operating Systems 4 07-04-2010 12:07 PM
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723) update error 80070490 jyenterp Windows Update 1 03-11-2009 12:56 PM
RE: Windows update error 80070103 - Beta 2 Vista NVIDIA Driver Update Nadhe Vista Help 1 28-02-2007 07:56 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:01 PM.