Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



[Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certificat

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-04-2005
Yoohoo
 
Posts: n/a
[Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certificat

I have just reinstalled Win XP on my laptop (puchased from USA, now located
in South Korea). I need to update windows but whenever I try, I get the
error message saying "Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync
with an update certificate. To fix this:"

So far, I have tried reverting all dates, locations to the USA (from the
Korean setting). And I have also tried the method below (as suggested by
Microsoft troubleshooting page).

2. Register Softpub.dll, mssip32.dll, and initpki.dll
Click Start.
Choose Run.
In the Run box, type regsvr32 SOFTPUB.dll.
Click OK.
In the Run box, type regsvr32 Mssip32.dll.
Click OK.
In the Run box, type regsvr32 initpki.dll.
Click OK.


NONE have worked so far. I have upgraded my BIOS and audio driver from
dell.com and everything seems fine, but the inability to bypass the Restore
Hidden Update stage. Thanks.

If anything, can anyone tell me how to get in touch with a microsoft help
email? I can't seem to find that, either.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2005
Ben B. [US]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certificat

1. Double click the clock in the bottom right hand corner.
2. Check you have the correct time and date.
3. Click the Time Zone Tab.
4. Check you have the correct time zone.

Set them to your Korea times.

--
Ben B. [US]

"Yoohoo" <Yoohoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7F09E706-995C-4C19-88BE-1AACF6AC46F8@microsoft.com...
>I have just reinstalled Win XP on my laptop (puchased from USA, now located
> in South Korea). I need to update windows but whenever I try, I get the
> error message saying "Your computer's date and time appear to be out of
> sync
> with an update certificate. To fix this:"
>
> So far, I have tried reverting all dates, locations to the USA (from the
> Korean setting). And I have also tried the method below (as suggested by
> Microsoft troubleshooting page).
>
> 2. Register Softpub.dll, mssip32.dll, and initpki.dll
> Click Start.
> Choose Run.
> In the Run box, type regsvr32 SOFTPUB.dll.
> Click OK.
> In the Run box, type regsvr32 Mssip32.dll.
> Click OK.
> In the Run box, type regsvr32 initpki.dll.
> Click OK.
>
>
> NONE have worked so far. I have upgraded my BIOS and audio driver from
> dell.com and everything seems fine, but the inability to bypass the
> Restore
> Hidden Update stage. Thanks.
>
> If anything, can anyone tell me how to get in touch with a microsoft help
> email? I can't seem to find that, either.



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-06-2005
gangsan
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certif

On German MS Server 2003 (without new installation, without changing location
or timezone) I have the same error. Neither setting a different timezone or
do the registering stuff helps :-(
gangsan


"Ben B. [US]" wrote:

> 1. Double click the clock in the bottom right hand corner.
> 2. Check you have the correct time and date.
> 3. Click the Time Zone Tab.
> 4. Check you have the correct time zone.
>
> Set them to your Korea times.
>
> --
> Ben B. [US]
>
> "Yoohoo" <Yoohoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7F09E706-995C-4C19-88BE-1AACF6AC46F8@microsoft.com...
> >I have just reinstalled Win XP on my laptop (puchased from USA, now located
> > in South Korea). I need to update windows but whenever I try, I get the
> > error message saying "Your computer's date and time appear to be out of
> > sync
> > with an update certificate. To fix this:"
> >
> > So far, I have tried reverting all dates, locations to the USA (from the
> > Korean setting). And I have also tried the method below (as suggested by
> > Microsoft troubleshooting page).
> >
> > 2. Register Softpub.dll, mssip32.dll, and initpki.dll
> > Click Start.
> > Choose Run.
> > In the Run box, type regsvr32 SOFTPUB.dll.
> > Click OK.
> > In the Run box, type regsvr32 Mssip32.dll.
> > Click OK.
> > In the Run box, type regsvr32 initpki.dll.
> > Click OK.
> >
> >
> > NONE have worked so far. I have upgraded my BIOS and audio driver from
> > dell.com and everything seems fine, but the inability to bypass the
> > Restore
> > Hidden Update stage. Thanks.
> >
> > If anything, can anyone tell me how to get in touch with a microsoft help
> > email? I can't seem to find that, either.

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-06-2005
Robert Aldwinckle
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certif

"gangsan" <gangsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:342CCED4-351B-4ABC-8F74-7EC9E51D8460@microsoft.com
>[Subject: Re: [Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certif]

....
> On German MS Server 2003 (without new installation, without changing location
> or timezone) I have the same error. Neither setting a different timezone or
> do the registering stuff helps :-(



Did you also see this?

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread...677#post181677

(Google web search for
"date and time" "out of sync" "update certificate" (MSFT OR MVP)
)

What version of Windows do you have?
What version of WU are your running?

BTW the MVP's suggestion to look for contextual log information
was based on an assumption that the poster was using WUv4.
If you are not running WUv4 your log will be in
%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log
instead.


HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---


> gangsan
>
>
> "Ben B. [US]" wrote:
>
>> 1. Double click the clock in the bottom right hand corner.
>> 2. Check you have the correct time and date.
>> 3. Click the Time Zone Tab.
>> 4. Check you have the correct time zone.
>>
>> Set them to your Korea times.
>>
>> --
>> Ben B. [US]
>>
>> "Yoohoo" <Yoohoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7F09E706-995C-4C19-88BE-1AACF6AC46F8@microsoft.com...
>> >I have just reinstalled Win XP on my laptop (puchased from USA, now located
>> > in South Korea). I need to update windows but whenever I try, I get the
>> > error message saying "Your computer's date and time appear to be out of
>> > sync
>> > with an update certificate. To fix this:"
>> >
>> > So far, I have tried reverting all dates, locations to the USA (from the
>> > Korean setting). And I have also tried the method below (as suggested by
>> > Microsoft troubleshooting page).
>> >
>> > 2. Register Softpub.dll, mssip32.dll, and initpki.dll
>> > Click Start.
>> > Choose Run.
>> > In the Run box, type regsvr32 SOFTPUB.dll.
>> > Click OK.
>> > In the Run box, type regsvr32 Mssip32.dll.
>> > Click OK.
>> > In the Run box, type regsvr32 initpki.dll.
>> > Click OK.
>> >
>> >
>> > NONE have worked so far. I have upgraded my BIOS and audio driver from
>> > dell.com and everything seems fine, but the inability to bypass the
>> > Restore
>> > Hidden Update stage. Thanks.
>> >
>> > If anything, can anyone tell me how to get in touch with a microsoft help
>> > email? I can't seem to find that, either.

>>
>>
>>




Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Re: [Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certificat

Take another look at your date. Make sure you have the right year typed in. Try going to the internet time tab on the clock window. Click "Update Now". This will take a few minutes. If you get an error then the wrong date or time is set in the "Date & Time" tab. Or, the timezone may be wrong. If the "Internet Time" tab populates, then check the time and date shown to the "date & Time" tab to be sure they are set correctly.

The Year was off on mine. That was what got me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "[Error number: 0x80072F8F] Time & Date Out of Sync with Certificat"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
error message: cant login This computer date/time is not synchornize with the date/time of network fazalhassan Networking & Security 2 29-11-2011 09:29 AM
Error 0x80072F8F Adrock Vista Help 6 24-12-2009 07:56 PM
Compile time error while generating Random Number in C++ Suzane Software Development 3 14-04-2009 08:50 AM
0x80072f8f Windows activation Error DFE Windows Update 6 10-04-2007 06:02 AM
Date and time screwed up Error number: 0x80072F8F whheezzzz Windows Update 1 26-03-2006 04:41 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:22 AM.