Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WSUS Update Pre-Configuration/Post-Configuration Scripts

Windows Update

Old 15-01-2011

WSUS Update Pre-Configuration/Post-Configuration Scripts

Hello,

I had a question about WSUS/Windows Update. I would like to run a pre-configuration and a post-configuration script when an update is installed on my endpoints. I would like these scripts to run regardless if the install was triggered by the system tray notification/Windows Update Control Panel, an install updates and shutdown event, a scheduled install, or a WSUS forced deadline.

Does WSUS/Windows Update offer any support for this capability? I am willing to develop a solution in house if these capabilities are exposed through any API/SDK.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Old 25-04-2011

Re: WSUS Update Pre-Configuration/Post-Configuration Scripts

I think that the WSUS 3.0 API supports the deployment of third party updates. You can use the System Center Updates Publisher to create the Adobe Reader update package and publish the update to the WSUS Server. Unfortunately, the native WSUS Admin Console does not provide the ability to manage/monitor such updates, so you also would need to manage/monitor the updates via the WSUS API. However, there is a third-party add-on product for WSUS that does provide the ability to manage/monitor third party updates in the WSUS Server.
Old 07-07-2011

Re: WSUS Update Pre-Configuration/Post-Configuration Scripts

Thank you for your reply.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , , , ,