Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 25-02-2010
Bryan
 
Posts: n/a
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3

Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7.

I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but
that didn't work.

Does anyone else have this problem?

thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-02-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3

Does the description in Symptoms section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978637 apply to you? [yes/no]

Bryan wrote:
> Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7.
>
> I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but
> that didn't work.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> thanks


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-02-2010
re-i8nstalling new windows updates
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3

Bryan...(neat spelling) I too had trouble with today's windows update..My
windows 7 64 bit notebook crashed and my desktop also 64 bit froze...never
had this problem until today..I shut it down...literally unplugged it- booted
up and all updates were in..Both computers got STUCK with these new updates..
All is fine now and both are working well.
Try to re-install and WAIT....it will work..
Best
Joady

"Bryan" wrote:

> Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7.
>
> I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but
> that didn't work.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> thanks

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-02-2010
Bryan
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3

So far I haven't had any problems with this particular issue. However MS
listed it as important rather than optional or recommended.

I would prefer to get it, if I can.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Does the description in Symptoms section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978637 apply to you? [yes/no]
>
> Bryan wrote:
> > Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7.
> >
> > I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but
> > that didn't work.
> >
> > Does anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > thanks

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-02-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3


Since KB978637 is not a security update, there is no free support for your
issue, Bryan, and trying to discover why it's not installing may end up
being an exercise in futility. If you're not seeing the behavior addressed
by the update, just hiding it may be a more time-efficient option. See...

HOW TO Hide an Update or Restore a Hidden Update
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...n-updates.html

That being said, the very few references I can find for the 800736B3 suggest
a third-party software issue is causing the behavior.

Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a brand-new computer that came with Win7
preinstalled?

Is it a Win7 64-bit computer?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


Bryan wrote:
> So far I haven't had any problems with this particular issue. However MS
> listed it as important rather than optional or recommended.
>
> I would prefer to get it, if I can.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Does the description in Symptoms section of
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978637 apply to you? [yes/no]
>>
>> Bryan wrote:
>>> Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7.
>>>
>>> I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but
>>> that didn't work.
>>>
>>> Does anyone else have this problem?


Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 8 Consumer Preview error 0xc0000260: Windows failed to start, An unexpected error has occurred Mr.Ryszard Operating Systems 6 16-03-2012 03:51 PM
What is the difference between windows 7 ultimate, ultimate N, ultimate K and Ultimate KN Huron Operating Systems 6 21-08-2010 06:09 AM
Windows 7 Ultimate HDD error Courtland Operating Systems 4 31-03-2010 02:27 PM
Windows 7 Update Error Code 800736B3 Coldman Operating Systems 3 03-12-2009 01:28 PM
Can't install update KB953838; Error number 800736B3 Marko Birsa Windows Update 8 18-12-2008 05:37 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:06 AM.