Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't delete filterpipelineprintproc.dll

Windows Update

Old 13-11-2009
Chris

Can't delete filterpipelineprintproc.dll

I can't delete the filterpipelineprintproc.dll in the recycle bin. When I
view the contents of the Recycle folder it is empty. If I try to empty it I
get the following error:

Cannot delete filterpipelineprintproc: Acess is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not
currenly in use.

Old 13-11-2009
Tom Willett

Solution is actually quite simple. It's a well known fact that this entire folder is getting "stuck as ashes" after that particular Windows update (something with XPS and/or .NET Framework)

Anyways. To be able to delete this folder, usually located in %SYSTEMROOT% as random letters and digits, simply Start / Run / cmd.exe

Enter the following:

cacls.exe c:\foldername /T /G yourwinaccname:F

You will now be able to delete the folder.

Yes, I know that in your post you mention the file lying in the recycle bin, which I presume is by you, originally trying to wipe it through recycle bin. First "restore" the file from Recycle bin -> c:\1a32e... (or whatever foldername it had), since I'm not really sure about how to change Windows file permissions on files in Trash.
Old 17-03-2010

Re: Can't delete filterpipelineprintproc.dll

I stumbled across this thread after having the same problem of being unable to delete filterpipelineprintproc.dll during a system tidy-up.

The CACLS command from Gew worked a treat, so that's definitely one to remember, thanks!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , , ,