Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Code 80072EFD windows update

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 28-08-2009
gijamie911
 
Posts: n/a
Code 80072EFD windows update


I have tried everything on the net, trying to get windows updated to work. I
even turned off my firewall, but to no success. I get Code 80072EFD.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name GENESIS
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 1721
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, 1700 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A07, 4/21/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name Genesis\Jamie
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.87 GB
Available Physical Memory 832 MB
Total Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.19 GB
Page File Space 2.17 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28-08-2009
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Code 80072EFD windows update

gijamie911 wrote:
:: I have tried everything on the net, trying to get windows updated to
:: work. I even turned off my firewall, but to no success. I get Code
:: 80072EFD.
::
:: OS Name Microsoft? Windows VistaT Home Premium
:: Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
:: Other OS Description Not Available
:: OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
:: System Name GENESIS
:: System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
:: System Model Inspiron 1721
:: System Type X86-based PC
:: Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, 1700 Mhz, 2
:: Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
:: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A07, 4/21/2008
:: SMBIOS Version 2.4
:: Windows Directory C:\Windows
:: System Directory C:\Windows\system32
:: Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
:: Locale United States
:: Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
:: User Name Genesis\Jamie
:: Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
:: Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
:: Total Physical Memory 1.87 GB
:: Available Physical Memory 832 MB
:: Total Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
:: Available Virtual Memory 2.19 GB
:: Page File Space 2.17 GB
:: Page File C:\pagefile.sys



You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Windows Update Error 80072efd
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a29271033.mspx
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.






Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-08-2009
MowGreen
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Code 80072EFD windows update


Also, if a security suite or 3rd party firewall (*not* the native Vista
firewall) is installed or, if the antivirus installed is configured to
scan incoming email:

How To Fix Windows Update Error 80072EFD In Vista SP1?
http://www.walkernews.net/2009/05/14...-in-vista-sp1/


MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



TaurArian wrote:

> gijamie911 wrote:
> :: I have tried everything on the net, trying to get windows updated to
> :: work. I even turned off my firewall, but to no success. I get Code
> :: 80072EFD.
> ::
> :: OS Name Microsoft? Windows VistaT Home Premium
> :: Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
> :: Other OS Description Not Available
> :: OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
> :: System Name GENESIS
> :: System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
> :: System Model Inspiron 1721
> :: System Type X86-based PC
> :: Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, 1700 Mhz, 2
> :: Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
> :: BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A07, 4/21/2008
> :: SMBIOS Version 2.4
> :: Windows Directory C:\Windows
> :: System Directory C:\Windows\system32
> :: Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
> :: Locale United States
> :: Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
> :: User Name Genesis\Jamie
> :: Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
> :: Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
> :: Total Physical Memory 1.87 GB
> :: Available Physical Memory 832 MB
> :: Total Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
> :: Available Virtual Memory 2.19 GB
> :: Page File Space 2.17 GB
> :: Page File C:\pagefile.sys
>
>
>
> You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
> Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>
> Windows Update Error 80072efd
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a29271033.mspx

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-10-2009
WestLAer
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Code 80072EFD windows update

Thaks MowGreen!
The fix on walkernest.net worked perfectly!
All the MS engineers should be informed of this easy fix.


"MowGreen" wrote:

> Also, if a security suite or 3rd party firewall (*not* the native Vista
> firewall) is installed or, if the antivirus installed is configured to
> scan incoming email:
>
> How To Fix Windows Update Error 80072EFD In Vista SP1?
> http://www.walkernews.net/2009/05/14...-in-vista-sp1/
>
>
> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Code 80072EFD windows update"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error code 80072EFD with Exchange on windows phone 7 jOjIi Portable Devices 7 03-10-2011 10:31 PM
Windows Update failed Error Code: 80072EFD Bulge Windows Update 7 09-12-2010 02:06 AM
Windows Update error 80072efd msdldavies Windows Update 5 17-04-2010 01:34 AM
Windows Update can't check for updates - 80072EFD rowanc88 Windows Update 6 15-09-2008 01:37 AM
Windows Update Error 80072EFD Patrick Schmid [MVP] Vista Help 11 08-06-2008 09:34 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:44 PM.