Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to block Windows Update KB960715

  1. #1
    Chirvan Guest

    How to block Windows Update KB960715

    This update is causing one of our web applications to not display properly.
    Is there a way for me to block this update. I am using ISA Server 2004 and
    would like to block the update using our ISA server. Thanks.

  2. #2
    PA Bear [MS MVP] Guest

    Re: How to block Windows Update KB960715

    [Crossposted to ISAServer newsgroup]

    What web application is involved here? If all of your MS and third-party
    applications are fully patched themselves, installing KB960715 shouldn't be
    causing any problems.

    There are only two (2) killbits set by KB960715, one for Akamai Download
    Manager and one for Research in Motion (RIM) AxLoader. Both Akamai and RIM
    have released security updates related to these killbits: Have you installed
    the appropriate update(s) yet? See the FAQ section of
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ry/960715.mspx.

    NB: KB960715 also includes the killbits in KB956391 (originally released 14
    Oct-08); cf. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ry/956391.mspx.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
    AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
    DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

    Chirvan wrote:
    > This update is causing one of our web applications to not display
    > properly.
    > Is there a way for me to block this update. I am using ISA Server 2004 and
    > would like to block the update using our ISA server. Thanks.



  3. #3
    is_akamai_spyware? Guest

    Re: How to block Windows Update KB960715

    "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in
    news:eSVQTzHjJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > [Crossposted to ISAServer newsgroup]
    >

    Both Akamai and
    > RIM have released security updates related to these killbits:



    Now that you mention Akamai, how often should I see a remote address in
    TCPView as follows:

    [System Process]:0 TCP deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

    It seems like I see that a port opening for this practically all day.

    Almost every time I start TCPview, I see several instances of
    deploy.akamaitechnologies.com in a TIME_WAIT state.



  4. #4
    PA Bear [MS MVP] Guest

    Re: How to block Windows Update KB960715

    Please begin a new thread in an appropriate newsgroup to ask your questions.
    Thanks.

    is_akamai_spyware? wrote:
    > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in
    > news:eSVQTzHjJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> [Crossposted to ISAServer newsgroup]
    >>

    > Both Akamai and
    >> RIM have released security updates related to these killbits:

    >
    >
    > Now that you mention Akamai, how often should I see a remote address in
    > TCPView as follows:
    >
    > [System Process]:0 TCP deploy.akamaitechnologies.com
    >
    > It seems like I see that a port opening for this practically all day.
    >
    > Almost every time I start TCPview, I see several instances of
    > deploy.akamaitechnologies.com in a TIME_WAIT state.



  5. #5
    PA Bear [MS MVP] Guest

    Re: How to block Windows Update KB960715

    See http://accessblog.net/2009/02/kb9607...cess-apps.html

    PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
    > [Crossposted to ISAServer newsgroup]
    >
    > What web application is involved here? If all of your MS and third-party
    > applications are fully patched themselves, installing KB960715 shouldn't
    > be
    > causing any problems.
    >
    > There are only two (2) killbits set by KB960715, one for Akamai Download
    > Manager and one for Research in Motion (RIM) AxLoader. Both Akamai and
    > RIM
    > have released security updates related to these killbits: Have you
    > installed
    > the appropriate update(s) yet? See the FAQ section of
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ry/960715.mspx.
    >
    > NB: KB960715 also includes the killbits in KB956391 (originally released
    > 14
    > Oct-08); cf.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...ry/956391.mspx.
    >
    > Chirvan wrote:
    >> This update is causing one of our web applications to not display
    >> properly.
    >> Is there a way for me to block this update. I am using ISA Server 2004
    >> and
    >> would like to block the update using our ISA server. Thanks.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-04-2012, 12:00 PM
  2. KB960715 blocks msflxgrd.ocx in VBA
    By kevin.meers@googlemail.com in forum Windows Update
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 01:57 PM
  3. How to add firewall with IP range to block Google Update
    By Bhuvana21 in forum Networking & Security
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 10:03 PM
  4. Block Windows Games
    By GhostRider in forum Windows Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
  5. IPSEC Goes Into Block Mode After Driver Update
    By chupparustam in forum Small Business Server
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-07-2008, 08:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,639,009,843.57043 seconds with 16 queries