Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 15-12-2008
ZachsDaddy
 
Posts: n/a
WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on 10/14.
It is a security update. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-12-2008
ZachsDaddy
 
Posts: n/a
RE: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

BTW my OS is Vista SP1

"ZachsDaddy" wrote:

> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on 10/14.
> It is a security update. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-12-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

And the update in question would be...?

Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update (or did it come
preinstalled)?

Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
sites to install updates: "0x800B0100"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ZachsDaddy wrote:
> BTW my OS is Vista SP1
>
>> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on
>> 10/14.
>> It is a security update. Any ideas?


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-12-2008
ZachsDaddy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

The update in question is "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB956841)".

I downloaded and installed SP1; it was not preinstalled.

The link you provided instructed me to download the System Update Readiness
Tool; it also stated that when I check for updates, "the tool is offered on
Windows Update only to computers that have a condition that the tool could
resolve." I performed the steps as instructed, but the System Update
Readiness Tool was not offered, so I assume it is not applicable to my
situation(?).

Other possibilities?
Thanks in advance.



"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> And the update in question would be...?
>
> Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update (or did it come
> preinstalled)?
>
> Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
> sites to install updates: "0x800B0100"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> ZachsDaddy wrote:
> > BTW my OS is Vista SP1
> >
> >> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on
> >> 10/14.
> >> It is a security update. Any ideas?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-12-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

Repost:
>> Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update...?


Have the updates released on 09 Dec-08 installed successfully? cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms08-dec.mspx

Have you tried downloading the update, saving it to your desktop, and then
installing it manually?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-2e3780f9f7c2

Otherwise, you may wish to...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB956841).

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear

ZachsDaddy wrote:
> The update in question is "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB956841)".
>
> I downloaded and installed SP1; it was not preinstalled.
>
> The link you provided instructed me to download the System Update
> Readiness
> Tool; it also stated that when I check for updates, "the tool is offered
> on
> Windows Update only to computers that have a condition that the tool could
> resolve." I performed the steps as instructed, but the System Update
> Readiness Tool was not offered, so I assume it is not applicable to my
> situation(?).
>
> Other possibilities?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> And the update in question would be...?
>>
>> Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update (or did it come
>> preinstalled)?
>>
>> Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update
>> Web sites to install updates: "0x800B0100"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> ZachsDaddy wrote:
>>> BTW my OS is Vista SP1
>>>
>>>> Have rebooted and tried again 3 times. This update was released on
>>>> 10/14.
>>>> It is a security update. Any ideas?


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-12-2008
ZachsDaddy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

I downloaded, saved to my desktop, and installed it as you stated. It
worked. Thank you for helping me.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

>
> Have you tried downloading the update, saving it to your desktop, and then
> installing it manually?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-2e3780f9f7c2


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-12-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install

YW & thanks for your feedback.

ZachsDaddy wrote:
> I downloaded, saved to my desktop, and installed it as you stated. It
> worked. Thank you for helping me.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>>
>> Have you tried downloading the update, saving it to your desktop, and
>> then
>> installing it manually?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-2e3780f9f7c2


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2009
doeboiz
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install



I got this same error, followed this post, and tried to manually install
this patch. When I did so, I got an error that this update "does not apply
to this system".

If that is the case, why does the automatic updater pick this update for me?

-James
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "WindowsUpdate_800B0100 will not install"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Home Premium Install Hangs At Completing. (Clean Install) Serges2K Vista Setup and Install 3 30-10-2011 06:54 PM
Need help with clean install of Windows 7 and Driver Install Order in Alienware System ddj Portable Devices 11 14-09-2011 10:42 PM
Windows 7 x64 Bit error: WindowsUpdate_800B0100 and WindowsUpdate_dt000 mich43 Operating Systems 4 25-12-2010 12:20 AM
"WindowsUpdate_800B0100" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" fiore_kushita Windows Update 4 12-09-2009 05:50 AM
WindowsUpdate_800B0100 Reynald Frey Vista Help 7 04-07-2008 02:09 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:03 PM.