Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130)

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-10-2008
Gisela
 
Posts: n/a
windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130)

Automatic updates can't finished downloading I get the error message
0x80070005; when I try to update from the microsoft website I get another
message (Windows advantage validation tool (KB892130) failed to DL. What are
the causes of this problem? I already turn off my virus protection in order
to update, but that hasn't worked.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130)

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gisela wrote:
> Automatic updates can't finished downloading I get the error message
> 0x80070005; when I try to update from the microsoft website I get another
> message (Windows advantage validation tool (KB892130) failed to DL. What
> are
> the causes of this problem? I already turn off my virus protection in
> order
> to update, but that hasn't worked.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2008
Gisela
 
Posts: n/a
Re: windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130)

sorry about that, I have WinXP SP2. thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Gisela wrote:
> > Automatic updates can't finished downloading I get the error message
> > 0x80070005; when I try to update from the microsoft website I get another
> > message (Windows advantage validation tool (KB892130) failed to DL. What
> > are
> > the causes of this problem? I already turn off my virus protection in
> > order
> > to update, but that hasn't worked.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130)

CrystalBallİ sez...

Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gisela wrote:
> sorry about that, I have WinXP SP2. thanks.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Gisela wrote:
>>> Automatic updates can't finished downloading I get the error message
>>> 0x80070005; when I try to update from the microsoft website I get
>>> another
>>> message (Windows advantage validation tool (KB892130) failed to DL. What
>>> are
>>> the causes of this problem? I already turn off my virus protection in
>>> order
>>> to update, but that hasn't worked.


Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "windows genuine advantage validation tool (KB892130)"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) install fails SAinCA Windows Update 6 02-04-2010 07:04 AM
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB892130 mike_shephard Windows Update 8 20-06-2008 04:36 AM
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) FAILED INSTAL Bill Windows Update 18 30-05-2008 02:26 PM
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) dannywooly77 Windows Update 8 28-04-2008 12:22 AM
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) won't install Charlie G Windows Update 2 08-01-2008 02:53 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:29 PM.