Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

Windows Update


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 24-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

Hello all,

I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using port
80 in IIS. I imported my clients from AD into their proper groups in WSUS,
from a prompt where WSUS is installed I type --- wuauclt.exe /detectnow.

Below is the message I get -----

* ServiceID = {3DA21691-E39D-4DA6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7}
2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Agent * Search Scope = {Machine}
2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\Default\wuident.cab:
2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with
error 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed: 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed, error = 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x80244019
2008-09-23 15:44:50:139 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80244019


I found a document to create a new virtual directory, not in the default web
site, but I created in the WSUS site, stopped IIS, re-tried the command, and
same error.

Can someone help why my clients are not reporting to WSUS ?

Thanks,
Bob




Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-09-2008
TaurArian
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet


"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:853E8BB5-71C7-4BEE-9392-D75DBBF21C6B@microsoft.com...
> Hello all,
>
> I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using
> port
> 80 in IIS. I imported my clients from AD into their proper groups in WSUS,
> from a prompt where WSUS is installed I type --- wuauclt.exe /detectnow.
>
> Below is the message I get -----
>
> * ServiceID = {3DA21691-E39D-4DA6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7}
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Agent * Search Scope = {Machine}
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\Default\wuident.cab:
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:873 860 1450 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
> SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80190194
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
> ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80190194
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with
> error 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
> Service: IsUpdateRequired failed: 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
> Service: IsUpdateRequired failed, error = 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
> self-update check returned 0x80244019
> 2008-09-23 15:44:50:139 860 1450 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80244019
>
>
> I found a document to create a new virtual directory, not in the default
> web
> site, but I created in the WSUS site, stopped IIS, re-tried the command,
> and
> same error.
>
> Can someone help why my clients are not reporting to WSUS ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
>


Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...pdate_services

In your newsreader:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...pdate_services

Xposted for convenience


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-09-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:853E8BB5-71C7-4BEE-9392-D75DBBF21C6B@microsoft.com...

> I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using port 80 in IIS.


You haven't told your clients this:

>> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
>> for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194


Note http://intranet1, not http://intranet1:8530.

If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
accordingly.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:853E8BB5-71C7-4BEE-9392-D75DBBF21C6B@microsoft.com...
>
> > I installed WSUS in a custom port - 8530 as I have other software using port 80 in IIS.

>
> You haven't told your clients this:
>
> >> 2008-09-23 15:44:49:889 860 1450 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> >> for http://intranet1/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194

>
> Note http://intranet1, not http://intranet1:8530.
>
> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
> accordingly.
>
> Harry.
>


Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
accordingly, update what and how ? Yes I do use Group Policy nothing was
touched/changed in GP. This is a re-install of WSUS, worked before, but not
now.

Thanks,
Bob

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-09-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

Bob wrote:

>> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
>> accordingly.


> Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
> accordingly, update what and how ?


Your group policy currently says that clients should use http://intranet1 as the
WSUS server. You need to change this to tell them to use http://intranet1:8530.

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
> >> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
> >> accordingly.

>
> > Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
> > accordingly, update what and how ?

>
> Your group policy currently says that clients should use http://intranet1 as the
> WSUS server. You need to change this to tell them to use http://intranet1:8530.
>
> Harry.
>


Thanks --- I got it, let me add the port and i will reply back with my result.

Bob

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"Bob" wrote:

>
>
> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bob wrote:
> >
> > >> If you used group policy to assign the clients to WSUS, you need to update it
> > >> accordingly.

> >
> > > Thanks Harry, but I don;t understand your reply --- I need to update "it"
> > > accordingly, update what and how ?

> >
> > Your group policy currently says that clients should use http://intranet1 as the
> > WSUS server. You need to change this to tell them to use http://intranet1:8530.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

>
> Thanks --- I got it, let me add the port and i will reply back with my result.
>
> Bob
>


Ok --- adding the port helped. I imported 2 of 3 groups - test and servers.
The clients/servers show their IP addresses and OS versions. But i have one
problem ----

All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.

I did my last change 2 days ago - Wednesday, and it should report in daily.
I did gpupdate /force on the DC, and wuauclt.exe /detectnow but the clients
are not reporting in. I take that back ---- only my computer reported in, and
that was Wednesday. Can you let me know why computers are not reporting in ?

Thanks,
Bob

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-09-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

Bob wrote:

> All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.


Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx

Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type

wuauclt /detectnow

on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
WindowsUpdate.log.

Harry.
'
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
> > All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.

>
> Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
>
> <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
>
> Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
>
> wuauclt /detectnow
>
> on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
> WindowsUpdate.log.
>
> Harry.
> '
>


Thanks for the information Harry ----

I'm reading your reply from home, I will do this when I return to the office
Tuesday 9/30.


Bob


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"Bob" wrote:

>
>
> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Bob wrote:
> >
> > > All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.

> >
> > Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
> >
> > <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
> >
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
> >
> > Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
> >
> > wuauclt /detectnow
> >
> > on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
> > WindowsUpdate.log.
> >
> > Harry.
> > '
> >

>
> Thanks for the information Harry ----
>
> I'm reading your reply from home, I will do this when I return to the office
> Tuesday 9/30.
>
>
> Bob
>
>


Here is the reply of the client diagnostic tool, which I ran on my desktop.
I will now do the wuauclt/detectnow and post back in 30 minutes are requested.

thanks,
Bob



WSUS Client Diagnostics Tool

Checking Machine State
Checking for admin rights to run tool . . . . . . . . . PASS
Automatic Updates Service is running. . . . . . . . . . PASS
Background Intelligent Transfer Service is running. . . PASS
Wuaueng.dll version 7.1.6001.65 . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
This version is WSUS 2.0

Checking AU Settings
AU Option is 3 : Notify Prior to Install. . . . . . . . PASS
Option is from Policy settings

Checking Proxy Configuration
Checking for winhttp local machine Proxy settings . . . PASS
Winhttp local machine access type
<Direct Connection>
Winhttp local machine Proxy. . . . . . . . . . NONE
Winhttp local machine ProxyBypass. . . . . . . NONE
Checking User IE Proxy settings . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
User IE Proxy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
User IE ProxyByPass. . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
User IE AutoConfig URL Proxy . . . . . . . . . NONE
User IE AutoDetect
AutoDetect not in use

Checking Connection to WSUS/SUS Server
WUServer = http://intranet1:8530
WUStatusServer = http://intranet1:8530
UseWuServer is enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
Connection to server. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS

WinHttpDownloadFileToMemory(szURLDest, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL,
&downloadBuffe
r) failed with hr=0x80190194

No Error description could be found

Press Enter to Complete



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 30-09-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"Bob" wrote:

>
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Bob wrote:
> > >
> > > > All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.
> > >
> > > Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
> > >
> > > <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
> > >
> > > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
> > >
> > > Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
> > >
> > > wuauclt /detectnow
> > >
> > > on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines from
> > > WindowsUpdate.log.
> > >
> > > Harry.
> > > '
> > >

> >
> > Thanks for the information Harry ----
> >
> > I'm reading your reply from home, I will do this when I return to the office
> > Tuesday 9/30.
> >
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >

>
> Here is the reply of the client diagnostic tool, which I ran on my desktop.
> I will now do the wuauclt/detectnow and post back in 30 minutes are requested.
>
> thanks,
> Bob
>
>
>
> WSUS Client Diagnostics Tool
>
> Checking Machine State
> Checking for admin rights to run tool . . . . . . . . . PASS
> Automatic Updates Service is running. . . . . . . . . . PASS
> Background Intelligent Transfer Service is running. . . PASS
> Wuaueng.dll version 7.1.6001.65 . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> This version is WSUS 2.0
>
> Checking AU Settings
> AU Option is 3 : Notify Prior to Install. . . . . . . . PASS
> Option is from Policy settings
>
> Checking Proxy Configuration
> Checking for winhttp local machine Proxy settings . . . PASS
> Winhttp local machine access type
> <Direct Connection>
> Winhttp local machine Proxy. . . . . . . . . . NONE
> Winhttp local machine ProxyBypass. . . . . . . NONE
> Checking User IE Proxy settings . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> User IE Proxy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
> User IE ProxyByPass. . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
> User IE AutoConfig URL Proxy . . . . . . . . . NONE
> User IE AutoDetect
> AutoDetect not in use
>
> Checking Connection to WSUS/SUS Server
> WUServer = http://intranet1:8530
> WUStatusServer = http://intranet1:8530
> UseWuServer is enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> Connection to server. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
>
> WinHttpDownloadFileToMemory(szURLDest, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL,
> &downloadBuffe
> r) failed with hr=0x80190194
>
> No Error description could be found
>
> Press Enter to Complete
>
>
> And here is the status of wuauclt also from my desktop after 30 minutes -----


Thanks,,
Bob

2008-09-30 09:55:53:011 1088 a80 AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 a80 AU Triggering Online detection
(non-interactive)
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 168 AU #############
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 168 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 168 AU #########
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 168 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {C8A4A428-81CE-452C-AF15-3FE465C95E3B}]
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Agent *************
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Agent *********
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Agent * Online = Yes; Ignore download
priority = No
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Agent * Criteria = "IsHidden=0 and
IsInstalled=0 and DeploymentAction='Installation' and IsAssigned=1 or
IsHidden=0 and IsPresent=1 and DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and
IsAssigned=1 or IsHidden=0 and IsInstalled=1 and
DeploymentAction='Installation' and IsAssigned=1 and RebootRequired=1 or
IsHidden=0 and IsInstalled=0 and DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and
IsAssigned=1 and RebootRequired=1"
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Agent * ServiceID =
{3DA21691-E39D-4DA6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7}
2008-09-30 09:55:53:026 1088 108c Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\Default\wuident.cab:
2008-09-30 09:55:53:057 1088 108c Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for http://intranet1:8530/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Setup FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with
error 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed: 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed, error = 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 108c Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 108c Agent *********
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 108c Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 108c Agent *************
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 108c Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {C8A4A428-81CE-452C-AF15-3FE465C95E3B}]
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 80244019
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU #########
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {C8A4A428-81CE-452C-AF15-3FE465C95E3B}]
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU #############
2008-09-30 09:55:53:776 1088 e20 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2008-09-30 18:55:53
2008-09-30 09:55:58:089 1088 108c Report REPORT EVENT:
{659A3B46-515D-41B4-ACF9-8F0456335334} 2008-09-30
09:55:53:073-0400 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 0 80244019 SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80244019.
2008-09-30 10:06:13:368 1088 108c Report Uploading 1 events using cached
cookie, reporting URL =
http://intranet1:8530/ReportingWebSe...ebService.asmx
2008-09-30 10:06:13:368 1088 108c Report Reporter successfully uploaded 1
events.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30-09-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

Bob wrote:
>> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
>>> Bob wrote:
>>>> All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.
>>>
>>> Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
>>>
>>> <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
>>>
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
>>>
>>> Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
>>>
>>> wuauclt /detectnow
>>>
>>> on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines
>>> from WindowsUpdate.log.
>>>

> Here is the reply of the client diagnostic tool, which I ran on my
> desktop.
> I will now do the wuauclt/detectnow and post back in 30 minutes are
> requested.
>
> WSUS Client Diagnostics Tool
>
> Checking Machine State
> Checking for admin rights to run tool . . . . . . . . . PASS
> Automatic Updates Service is running. . . . . . . . . . PASS
> Background Intelligent Transfer Service is running. . . PASS
> Wuaueng.dll version 7.1.6001.65 . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> This version is WSUS 2.0
>
> Checking AU Settings
> AU Option is 3 : Notify Prior to Install. . . . . . . . PASS
> Option is from Policy settings
>
> Checking Proxy Configuration
> Checking for winhttp local machine Proxy settings . . . PASS
> Winhttp local machine access type
> <Direct Connection>
> Winhttp local machine Proxy. . . . . . . . . . NONE
> Winhttp local machine ProxyBypass. . . . . . . NONE
> Checking User IE Proxy settings . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> User IE Proxy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
> User IE ProxyByPass. . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
> User IE AutoConfig URL Proxy . . . . . . . . . NONE
> User IE AutoDetect
> AutoDetect not in use
>
> Checking Connection to WSUS/SUS Server
> WUServer = http://intranet1:8530
> WUStatusServer = http://intranet1:8530
> UseWuServer is enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> Connection to server. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
>
> WinHttpDownloadFileToMemory(szURLDest, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL,
> &downloadBuffe
> r) failed with hr=0x80190194
>
> No Error description could be found


<kibbitz>
0x80244019 - SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND - Http status 404 - object not
found.

Random Musings of Jeremy Jameson : WSUS Clients Failing with Error
0x80244019 After Installing WSUS SP1:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jjameson/archi...-wsus-sp1.aspx

Error 0x80244019 in WindowsUpdate.log - PatchAholic...The WSUS Blog!:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/athif/archiv...x80244019.aspx
</kibbitz>
--
~PA Bear

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-10-2008
Harry Johnston [MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

Bob wrote:

> 2008-09-30 09:55:53:073 1088 108c Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> for http://intranet1:8530/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194


Hokay. See what happens if you point a web browser at that URL. I expect
you'll get a 404 error, in which case the selfupdate tree is missing. This post
may help:

<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services/msg/a73f6a5371c33478?hl=en>

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...71c33478?hl=en

Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-10-2008
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet



"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Bob wrote:
> >> "Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:
> >>> Bob wrote:
> >>>> All of the systems show ---- last report status - not yet reported.
> >>>
> >>> Let's start with the Client Diagnostics Tool:
> >>>
> >>> <http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx>
> >>>
> >>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466192.aspx
> >>>
> >>> Run it on one of the affected clients and post the results. Then type
> >>>
> >>> wuauclt /detectnow
> >>>
> >>> on the same client, wait thirty minutes, then post the last fifty lines
> >>> from WindowsUpdate.log.
> >>>

> > Here is the reply of the client diagnostic tool, which I ran on my
> > desktop.
> > I will now do the wuauclt/detectnow and post back in 30 minutes are
> > requested.
> >
> > WSUS Client Diagnostics Tool
> >
> > Checking Machine State
> > Checking for admin rights to run tool . . . . . . . . . PASS
> > Automatic Updates Service is running. . . . . . . . . . PASS
> > Background Intelligent Transfer Service is running. . . PASS
> > Wuaueng.dll version 7.1.6001.65 . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> > This version is WSUS 2.0
> >
> > Checking AU Settings
> > AU Option is 3 : Notify Prior to Install. . . . . . . . PASS
> > Option is from Policy settings
> >
> > Checking Proxy Configuration
> > Checking for winhttp local machine Proxy settings . . . PASS
> > Winhttp local machine access type
> > <Direct Connection>
> > Winhttp local machine Proxy. . . . . . . . . . NONE
> > Winhttp local machine ProxyBypass. . . . . . . NONE
> > Checking User IE Proxy settings . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> > User IE Proxy. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
> > User IE ProxyByPass. . . . . . . . . . . . . . NONE
> > User IE AutoConfig URL Proxy . . . . . . . . . NONE
> > User IE AutoDetect
> > AutoDetect not in use
> >
> > Checking Connection to WSUS/SUS Server
> > WUServer = http://intranet1:8530
> > WUStatusServer = http://intranet1:8530
> > UseWuServer is enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> > Connection to server. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PASS
> >
> > WinHttpDownloadFileToMemory(szURLDest, NULL, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL,
> > &downloadBuffe
> > r) failed with hr=0x80190194
> >
> > No Error description could be found

>
> <kibbitz>
> 0x80244019 - SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND - Http status 404 - object not
> found.
>
> Random Musings of Jeremy Jameson : WSUS Clients Failing with Error
> 0x80244019 After Installing WSUS SP1:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/jjameson/archi...-wsus-sp1.aspx
>
> Error 0x80244019 in WindowsUpdate.log - PatchAholic...The WSUS Blog!:
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/athif/archiv...x80244019.aspx
> </kibbitz>
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
>


I did setup a new virtual directory in WSUS in IIS, called it selfupdate,
left the permission to the default - read, stopped/restarted IIS, ran wuauclt
/detectnow and still did not work. Please see the log below --

Thanks,
Bob


2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 e34 AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 e34 AU Triggering Online detection
(non-interactive)
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 168 AU #############
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 168 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 168 AU #########
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 168 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {F4F88A9E-1B71-41E2-9DBF-4B8E5D178A04}]
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 130c Agent *************
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 130c Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2008-09-30 17:15:38:525 1088 130c Agent *********
2008-09-30 17:15:38:541 1088 130c Agent * Online = Yes; Ignore download
priority = No
2008-09-30 17:15:38:541 1088 130c Agent * Criteria = "IsHidden=0 and
IsInstalled=0 and DeploymentAction='Installation' and IsAssigned=1 or
IsHidden=0 and IsPresent=1 and DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and
IsAssigned=1 or IsHidden=0 and IsInstalled=1 and
DeploymentAction='Installation' and IsAssigned=1 and RebootRequired=1 or
IsHidden=0 and IsInstalled=0 and DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and
IsAssigned=1 and RebootRequired=1"
2008-09-30 17:15:38:541 1088 130c Agent * ServiceID =
{3DA21691-E39D-4DA6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7}
2008-09-30 17:15:38:541 1088 130c Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\SelfUpdate\Default\wuident.cab:
2008-09-30 17:15:38:541 1088 130c Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Misc WARNING: WinHttp:
ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with 0x80190194
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for http://intranet1:8530/selfupdate/wuident.cab: error 0x80190194
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Setup FATAL: IsUpdateRequired failed with
error 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed: 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate: Default
Service: IsUpdateRequired failed, error = 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:38:556 1088 130c Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 130c Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 130c Agent *********
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 130c Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 130c Agent *************
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 130c Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for
updates [CallId = {F4F88A9E-1B71-41E2-9DBF-4B8E5D178A04}]
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates
with error code 80244019
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU #########
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {F4F88A9E-1B71-41E2-9DBF-4B8E5D178A04}]
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU #############
2008-09-30 17:15:39:197 1088 107c AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2008-10-01 02:15:39
2008-09-30 17:15:43:556 1088 130c Report REPORT EVENT:
{37C62D47-0C99-4BEF-ABE6-9D2712BB8850} 2008-09-30
17:15:38:556-0400 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 0 80244019 SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80244019.
2008-09-30 17:25:58:353 1088 130c PT WARNING: Cached cookie has expired or
new PID is available
2008-09-30 17:25:58:353 1088 130c PT Initializing simple targeting cookie,
clientId = 1f86fbe4-b2fd-4ab9-89d2-0b217057c785, target group = TEST, DNS
name = bobp.amalgamated.com
2008-09-30 17:25:58:353 1088 130c PT Server URL =
http://intranet1:8530/SimpleAuthWebS...impleAuth.asmx
2008-09-30 17:25:58:384 1088 130c Report Uploading 1 events using cached
cookie, reporting URL =
http://intranet1:8530/ReportingWebSe...ebService.asmx
2008-09-30 17:25:58:384 1088 130c Report Reporter successfully uploaded 1
events.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-10-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 
Posts: n/a
Re: WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet

[See Harry's reply posted about an hour before you replied to my post.]

Bob wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

<snip>
>> <kibbitz>
>> 0x80244019 - SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND - Http status 404 - object
>> not
>> found.
>>
>> Random Musings of Jeremy Jameson : WSUS Clients Failing with Error
>> 0x80244019 After Installing WSUS SP1:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/jjameson/archi...-wsus-sp1.aspx
>>
>> Error 0x80244019 in WindowsUpdate.log - PatchAholic...The WSUS Blog!:
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/athif/archiv...x80244019.aspx
>> </kibbitz>

>
> I did setup a new virtual directory in WSUS in IIS, called it selfupdate,
> left the permission to the default - read, stopped/restarted IIS, ran
> wuauclt /detectnow and still did not work. Please see the log below

<snip>

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows Update
Tags: , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "WSUS 3.0 SP1 - computers have not reported status yet"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most WSUS clients show status 'Not yet reported' purvagarg Server Update Service 3 07-01-2014 09:47 AM
WSUS 3.0 client computers not populating WSUS console Hardik Active Directory 4 25-09-2009 01:05 PM
This Computer has not reported status yet bzumwalt99 Windows Update 34 19-08-2008 01:14 AM
clients not reporting status after updating WSUS 2 to WSUS 3.0 Dhananjay Server Update Service 4 17-07-2007 09:37 PM
WSUS 3.0 Many Updates with no status AngerEyes Server Update Service 4 11-05-2007 05:17 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:58 PM.