Thread: Office 2007 "help files "error

Office 2007 "help files "error

Can anyone help me resolve this issue. I have searched hi and low and can not even find a reference to it.

When I am in any Office application and click on "Help" the message pops-up " There's a problem with one or more help files. Please repair your Office installation and try again."

I have repaired it from the disk (which are brand new). I have tried repairing it from the program diagnostic tools. I have run Esuing registry repair. All with no results.

I have Widows Vista Ultimate, Duo Core 2.5 6gb processor, 4gb ram, 320 hd with very little on it.

I am frustrated, especially with microsoft who wants mega bucks to support thier product fault.

HELP!

The office installation must have got corrupted. Sometimes problems occur while installation due to clashing with other resources. This makes some of the features to run with difficulties.

I will suggest to uninstall and reinstall the application (MS Office) which will quite probably solve the problem easily.

Note: While installation in progress, dont keep any other window or application open.

Isaac I did what you said and was hoping it would work. It did not. I am pretty frustrated. I wonder if there is a problem with the disk. I get so mad that Microsoft wants to charge to support their own product. They probably have the answer at their finger tip.
    Thanks for the info!

It is indeed a frustrating act by Microsoft.

Well, there must be a problem in the the cd you are using. The cd might not be loading the help files properly, which is why this problem is arising. Try with another cd and reply if it works or not