Thread: My Safe System Folder does not work

My Safe System Folder does not work

I have a problem with My Safe system folder. I don't know if I may have erased something by mistake when I was trying to get rid of a virus in attached to this folder. Now I do have the icon un My Computer but when I double click on I get nothing. When I right click and select properties I get a message " The properties for this item are not available". Can anyone help?. I don't have anything important in this folder, I just want to have this feature again to keep files safe.

If "Simple File Sharing" is disabled either set "Everyone-Full access" under the Security and Sharing tabs.
    Or
    Add the username/password for the PC user you want to allow to the User Accounts on the PC with the shared file/folder. Add the user/privileges under the Security and Sharing tabs of the share.

Before doing any of the above, first check any software firewall installed to make sure the PC you want to allow access to the share isn't being blocked/restricted, if it is add the PC to the Trusted zone.

You may have accidentally deleted it. If that is the case then I recomend you use a system restore. This will enable you to roll back the clock on your computer to a date that you are certain that the file existed. Other than that, I can't think of anything else. Perhaps if there were a bit more details to go on, but for now that's all I've got.

What antivirus are you running? I would bet that you have changed a setting and it is simply hiding it. Turn your antivirus off and see if it reappears.

It seems that your system is infected with some malware. So, plz scan your system with some good Anti-spyware application (Like Spyware Doctor, Noadware.net, Adaware, spybot S&D, etc.) and Anti-Virus Appplication (like Nod32 by eset, Norton, AVG, etc.).
    If you are looking for some free stuff then I will recommend you to use Adware-SE, superantispy and Spybot S&D (search for these application on net, to download them). AVG is a good anti-virus (among the Free one).

This will fix the problem.