Thread: No Longer Able to open AppData/local

No Longer Able to open AppData/local

Hello, I have a bit of an issue. In order to fully remove Norton Anti virus I need to access the files located in user/appadata/local. It is a hiden file and I never had trouble opening it before. I have three folders in "appadata", "Local" "Local Now" and "Roaming". Local now and Roaming open just fine but when I try to open local the explorer freezes and I have to reboot to get things working again.
    Any Ideas as to how I can get this file to open again?
    Thanks for any help.
    CIAO,
    Guido

Have a look in the Event Viewer to see if there any 'Errors'. If so, could you please post the Event ID and Source?

Try disabling the autocomplete and changed the history to 1 day.

Ok The events log is empty? I am not sure why, I at times use ccCleaner to delete old files but it does not show on the list of options to delete the log files.

Also I am not sure how to disable auto complete and set history to one day, are you meaning in IE ? If so I have history set to 0, and auto address complete turned off. If there is one for Vista then I am not sure how to do it.

Now the issues seem to grow
    Please understand I have but only the very basic in computer knowledge.
    Now I did a complete clean and virus scan and found a few MRU,s but thats it, and so I went to C drive and right click for properties and then perform a disk clean up, but when the results come back everything is normal like 2 - 5 mgb in trash files, but then in the "Per User Queued Windows Error Report" option it shows 250 gig of old files. LOL I only have 140 gig HD and 10 of that is partitioned for a recovery drive. Of course I don't click the check box cause I am not sure wheat it is doing, but this never happened before either.
    So I did a system restore to the oldest restore point available, and it completed successfully. But I lost a program I needed and so I went to undo the restore to write down info on the program I wanted and then I was going to roll back to the previous restore point, but now I go to restore and it says there are no restore points?? And it doese not give me the option to undo the restore I performed.
    Now this is not a major loss, but it still seems there are things going on that shouldnt. I purchased RegCure Pro and ran it and deleted the files it found and tryed to fix registry that way. But it still is not changing all the above issues.
    Now are there certain scans I can run to post results and get help that way?
    If so please explain it to me in laymens terms LOL.
    Thank you so much for any help.
    Just trying to keep from doing a full recovery.
    CIAO,
    Guido