Thread: MKV in MPC-HomeCinema

MKV in MPC-HomeCinema

Hello everyone,
    first of all.... good, good project!! also for MPC-HC...
    My configuration: Asus P5BWiFi, P4-3.1GHz, 2GB DDR, ATI HD3450 dxva enabled, Windows XP SP3 in VRM9 exclusive, Reclock 1.6.
    My display is Samsung TV-LCD in HDMI 1280x720@50Hz, no tearing or juttering.
    My first step is to view MKV in MPC-HomeCinema with DXVA enabled... result was excellent, as expected! All works fine, also SSA subtitles inside MKV file (after enabled the subtitle autoload option in the program). I can see the dxva option enabled in properties of filters (because I've MKV encoded @ 4.1).
    After that I tried to copy MPCVideoDec.ax in System32 folder and register it with regsvr32; as expected the filter was registered properly in Windows (DirectVobSub/VsFilter was disabled to autoload when necessary)
    Then I open GraphEdit and tried to render MKV file with SSA subtitles... the chain was something like:
    "MKV file" --> "MPC Video Decoder" --> "VMR out" (and also audio, but doesn't matter).
    Nothing else between MPCVideoDec and VMR. finally I was able watch the video BUT I wasn't able to display the SSA subtitles!!
    Is there a method to enabled they with this chain? Or are only enabled with MPC-HC?

Thanx

It is not possible. At this moment using MPC-HC is the only way to get DXVA and subs.

subtitles are hardware rendered by mpc internally. MPCVideoDec.ax is just a decoder.

Subtitles works only with DXVA only with "VMR renderless" or "EVR custom". Maybe you can have subtitle with MPCVideoDec works using KMPlayer but i haven't done the test.

DXVA + Subtitles are working with KMPlayer with the standalone decoder (tested both text subtitles and sub/idx)

That is because it uses the same technologies as MPC (internal sub renderer). It isn't going to work in WMP, Media Center, GraphEdit, etc.

Well, KMP has an overly renderer for subtitles which does not exist in mpc. If the dxva decoder of mpc supports dxva1, it is also possible to display subtitles with overlay mixer and dxva enabled which is impossible in MPC. Thus, the subtitle renderer seems not using the same tech of mpc. ASS subs are well rendered on overlay surface too.

pf. I've forgot to mention one more thing. KMP has an ability to render subtitles on vmr7/9 windowed mode with dxva enabled while MPC can't. I think there is a way to display subtitels on EVR (not EVR Custom) with DxVA enabled considering the case of KMP.

Quote Originally Posted by opaper View Post
    Well, KMP has an overly renderer for subtitles which does not exist in mpc. If the dxva decoder of mpc supports dxva1, it is also possible to display subtitles with overlay mixer and dxva enabled which is impossible in MPC. Thus, the subtitle renderer seems not using the same tech of mpc. ASS subs are well rendered on overlay surface too.
    I looked at the source code and MPCVideoDec supports both DXVA1 and DXVA2.

I want to use this decode in Vista64 Media Center, so what are my ways to solve?

I can add a text input pin to the MPCVideoDec, but then what do I do with that input..

karachi pk........................................

Re: MKV in MPC-HomeCinema

when I play MPC it gives me an error about 'floating point support not loaded' and I really need some help in stopping this 'R6002 error'.
    Indeed, I can reinstall it but some time later this error repeated again. So, can someone give me suggestions for eliminating this problem or a way that Media Player Classic stops giving this error?
    Thanks in advance.

maqsood karachi pk.

Re: MKV in MPC-HomeCinema

Quote Originally Posted by maqsood View Post
    when I play MPC it gives me an error about 'floating point support not loaded' and I really need some help in stopping this 'R6002 error'.
    Indeed, I can reinstall it but some time later this error repeated again. So, can someone give me suggestions for eliminating this problem or a way that Media Player Classic stops giving this error?
    Thanks in advance.

maqsood karachi pk.
    Here is an extract from MSDN about the error R6002:
    Originally Posted by MSDN
    C Run-Time Error R6002:

floating-point support not loaded
    The necessary floating-point library was not linked.
    Possible causes
    The program was compiled or linked with an option, such as /FPi87, that requires a coprocessor, but the program was run on a machine that did not have a coprocessor installed.
    A format string for a printf or scanf function contained a floating-point format specification and the program did not contain any floating-point values or variables.
    The compiler minimizes a program's size by loading floating-point support only when necessary. The compiler cannot detect floating-point format specifications in format strings, so it does not load the necessary floating-point routines.
    Use a floating-point argument to correspond to the floating-point format specification, or perform a floating-point assignment elsewhere in the program. This causes floating-point support to be loaded.
    In a mixed-language program, a C library was specified before a FORTRAN library when the program was linked. Relink and specify the C library last.
    -From MSDN.