Thread: Encript File Recovery

Encript File Recovery

Pls help me, i use windows xp .once i decript some file(.jpeg, .pdf, html and video )virus problem,i formate c: drive(system root).
    new windows xp sp2 install c: drive. Iaccess encripted file "access is deny" error message is deplayed.
    I take file ownership but not recover this file.why recover this file?

Did you backup file before formatting?
    and if it was a virus problem then delete the files that were affected.

Put the Windows XP disc, and tell you boot from the CD, there is an option out there (I do not agree on how they are called), which detects that you have a Windows installation, and from there you can install only those File System, without touching anything for your data and settings.

A greeting and good luck

To see almost always be solved as follows.

Take the CD's win xp.

When the computer starts, enters the setup of the disk, Change the boot options, (normally have to look for boot order), which put the first boot to CD.

Once Boot with the CD and it leaves the option to recover through the console repair, and used it once inside writes

chkdsk / f

with that you just scan hard disk and fix the bad sectors, usually with that solves your thing. But the thing is more complicated. someone you can copy this file to disk and copy on the same console recovery.

deborah_norville Guest

Re: Encript File Recovery

Recently I have also lost my windows file. I have used Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery software. It helps me to recover most of my data. This software demo version is free in which you can see the preview of your recoverable file.

anshul00 Guest

i also lost my files from my windows vista and i try Recover Data Software which is the best data recovery software to recover deleted files you can also download demo & purchase if you are see data in software then you buy.

i think this is best way to recover files

Last edited by Yogesh; 04-02-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: External links not allowed

You can use EFS to encrypt data files to prevent unauthorized access. EFS uses an encryption key that is dynamically generated to encrypt the file. The File Encryption Key (FEK) is encrypted with the EFS public key and is added to the file as an EFS attribute that is named Data Decryption Field (DDF). To decrypt the FEK, you must have the corresponding EFS private key from the public-private key pair. After you decrypt the FEK, you can use the FEK to decrypt the file.

If your EFS private key is lost, you can use a recovery agent to recover encrypted files. Every time that a file is encrypted, the FEK is also encrypted with the Recovery Agent's public key. The encrypted FEK is attached to the file with the copy that is encrypted with your EFS public key in the Data Recovery Field (DRF). If you use the recovery agent's private key, you can decrypt the FEK, and then decrypt the file.

You can have the more information from the following link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241201

johanis Guest

i used stellar phoenix in past its good in sense of data recovery..

cool software