Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

what would make Firefox start typing backwards

Windows Software

Old 28-01-2008

what would make Firefox start typing backwards

This is a strange problem in firefox. My friend is having this problem that it types backward meaning that the cursor remains at it place while the letters appear in left to right direction rather right to left. Dont know how this problem started !

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Old 28-01-2008

Hmm, weird. Spyware or virus infection? It only happens in Firefox? What about other apps? IE?
Old 28-01-2008

Everything I have been able to find on this points towards some form of malware. Download the 30 day trial of NOD32 v3 and run that in safe mode, and then do the same with SuperAntiSpyware... and see what comes up there. If that's all clean, maybe try uninstalling Firefox and then reinstalling it...

EDIT... one other thing I did find has to do with extensions causing similar problems. Run FF in safe mode by right clicking the Firefox icon, select properties, insert "-safe-mode" (no quotes) after firefox.exe in the target line and then launch Firefox... if everything is okay there then it is likely an extension or add-on causing the problem.
Old 10-06-2009

sad Re: what would make Firefox start typing backwards

I have that problem every single time I visit FACEBOOK. I have to reboot, that always takes care of it...till the next time I visit FACEBOOK. Anybody else experiencing this? I have Norton Antivirus and have not had any other problems besides this one.
Old 10-06-2009

Re: what would make Firefox start typing backwards

What Web browser are you using? Try to open your account with different browser.
Old 10-06-2009

I use Firefox
Old 10-06-2009

Quote:
What Web browser are you using? Try to open your account with different browser.
Try IE & Opera & see if you gets the same problem? if yes then your facebook application must be the culprit.
Old 18-11-2009

Hardware issue possibly...unplug your keyboard and mouse...plug them back in.

I've seen it twice now.

I wish I knew programmaticly how to cause the problem though. It would be an excellent prank.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,