Thread: Refresh network drives at regular interval

Refresh network drives at regular interval

Hi,
    I have mapped some network drives in My Computer. The drives remains present all the time. But due to some issue when I restart or repair my network connection then some drives becomes active. Where can I get a tool by which I can refresh a network drive at regular interval of times. Second thing I want to empty the virtual memory of Windows XP. What are the settings for the same. Is it possible to run a program as a service in the background. Thanks in advance.

Re: Refresh network drives at regular interval

To automatically empty the virtual memory of Windows XP. Click on Start > Run and then type regedit. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / System / CurrentControlSet / Control / Session Manager / Memory Management and then select ClearPageFileAtShutdown. Set its value to 1 to enable the cache flush. Reboot your system back again to let the settings take effect properly.

For setting up Windows to regularly refresh the network drives you will have to do some modifications in Windows registry. For first run the registry editor. Click on Start > Run, then type regedit. Go to the ree \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Update \ UpdateMode and change the value 1 in 0. Restart your system and check back again. Windows will update the path of network at some interval of time regularly.

If you want to run a program like a service then you have to create a registry file entry for the application to do so follow this option. At starting you must have the following two files srvany.exe and instsrv.exe. Then copy them into the directory C: \ windows \ system32 and then click Start > Run and type the command instsrv Mon_Service srvany.exe. It is the service manager. Now, click Start > Run, then type regedit"without quotes. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Mon_service \ Parameters and add the following 2 keys: Application value of the path to the executable & AppDirectory value of the path to the executable.