Thread: Problem with Windows Live Messenger

Problem with Windows Live Messenger

I am having a problem with Windows Live Messenger. I just moved and I am in an apartment complex that has free internet in every apartment.

Tonight I go to use my web cam with a friend, and on my end it works, but on their end it doesn't. It connects in video chat, but for theirs it comes up with a big red x over the web cam symbol. I try to check out the ports and such thinking it's on my end. When I clicked view web cam, it automatically canceled my invite.

Is this a problem on my end or is it on their end? Because I can see myself fine in my web cam and they can see me, but I can't receive their images.

Thanks!

I think its a problem from their end & you can tell your friend to see whether he has installed the driver for his webcam properly or not & if possible try to connect his webcam in someone else's computer to find out his webcam is working or not?

Re: Problem with Windows Live Messenger

Hi i had the same problem with msn with the new messenger 9 it was working fine till i fiddled with the cam drivers in audio and video set up. Cause one person was having problems and i decided to change my drivers maybe thats all it was, but to my horor the same thing happen like everyone else that dreadful red x across my cam, they could see me but i coulnt see myself. How i fixed mine was not switching my drivers around again, that didnt work regardless if i re installed messenger or rebooted my laptop after switching from the two diff drivers i have. What worked for me was to switch it to no drivers and reboot then switch to a driver no reboot. Imagine that...well im just happy it worked for me something that simple.

web cam, try to take off the USB line from your computer then connect again...
    that is because you can put ur computer om sleep then start again without restarting your computer..
    I noticed the problem as well, but when I just pulled out the USB line and reconnected again that worked fine.
    SweetIM

In that case i would suggest you to reinstall your web cam drivers and at the same time change your USB cable or try to check it out on another computer it might happen that there would be some issue with your web cam that's why you are not able to get connect your webcam.