Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-01-2007

Error With Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if you can help me.

I've installed Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, and the installation was fine, but when I try to open the program (or a pdf file) it comes up with a message:

Adobe Acrobat 8.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I clicked on the "error report" in this message and it says:

AppName: acrobat.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.456 ModName: adobe_eula.dll
ModVer: 2.0.0.37 Offset: 0000d5d3

Does anyone know what this means? I've searched and searched the internet but I can't find a solution. Any help appreciated
Old 26-01-2007

"adobe_eula.dll" not sure but that "EULA" bit looks to me like it may be a licensing problem???

Have you tried to un-install it, then re-install it again?
Did you remove any previous versions of Adobe Acrobat before installing ver8, including Adobe Reader??
Old 26-01-2007

Thanks for replying.

I've tried un-installing all other adobe programs and then re-installing verion 8 but it still comes up with the error.

The thing is, I had version 7 on my computer without any problems and it was working fine, up until I installed version 8, now both versions don't work (installed separately or together).

I'll try removing all adobe-related files. Some files won't delete though...is there any way to unlock these or override the inability to delete?
Old 26-01-2007

Quote:
is there any way to unlock these or override the inability to delete?
Yes there is, google "Unlocker". It allows you to delete files that are in use, and unlock them.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,