Thread: Program To Get Password Of A Rar File?

Program To Get Password Of A Rar File?

Hey, I downloaded a .rar, but the place I downloaded it from didn't have the password, I googled it and I found a way to recover it, but they all take weeks, is there any program that either finds it quickly or just like rips it open?

Re: Program To Get Password Of A Rar File?

hmm... i guess its a game or so you downloaded.. but the only decryption softwares are the one that exsist are the ones that take that long ( its a password for a reason)
    but usually those passwords are very closely related to the contend of the file.

I downloaded the Halo 1 Music cd once. because my original one didnt work anymore.. and i didnt feel like getting another one shipped to me from the US.. since its pretty expensive.. it was passworded too.. i tried the password 'halo' and it worked.. ^^

Not likely. Chances are that the site you got it from should have it. You might just have to look around or ask around for it. Like you said, you may have come upon those tools that try to get the password by brute force or by dictionary terms, but those will take weeks and not even work.

Okay, I'm just going to try the guys user name, the website(since those are the most commonly used), and maybe the name of the game.