Thread: Onspeed 3.6.68, Convert ur Dial Up 2 Broadband

Onspeed 3.6.68, Convert ur Dial Up 2 Broadband

HAvent tested this software yet ..

wonder if it does wat it claims to do

ONSPEED is a new compression technology that gives broadband-like speeds for any dialup connection. Tests have shown that ONSPEED transforms a 56k connection to speeds in-excess of 350kbps. It also increases the speed of broadband, especially anything under 512kbps. It has been awarded 5 stars in reviews conducted more than 8 technology titles including Internet Advisor, .Net and Computer Active. This is the only place to obtain a free trial version of ONSPEED.
    Category : Faster internet surfing application ( that really works )
    Service Provider Review : ONSPEED
    Browser : M*crosoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or above
    Supported email programs: M*crosoft Outlook Express 5.0 or above, M*crosoft Outlook 98, 2000, or 2002 (XP)
    Awards : Internet Magazine (UK) , April 2004 - 4 stars
    rdsAwa : Laptop Magazine - Best Buy Award
    rAwads : Computer Active Magazine - 5 stars
    Arwads : Broadband World - '4 seconds instead of 13! You don't have to rAwads : take our blinkin word for it'

Donwoad --http://www.download.com/Onspeed/3000-2155-10293068.html

Tests have shown that ONSPEED transforms a 56k connection to speeds in-excess of 350kbps.

Genious!

Night_Huntre Guest
    if thats true than look out warez here i come

shrek_incredible Guest
    well tried this app some 2 months back...

Although it does increase the speeds(obviously not by the amount it claims) but it does.
    Now whats the catch

Well you don't need to look far.
    See the site and see :

Does being ONSPEED change the information that I receive?

The only items that change are images. The compression algorithms strip out a pre-determined amount of colours and pixels (the components that make up image files) to reduce the size of the image, which in turn, reduces the overall amount of the information being sent.
    Ok so in plain words you get bad quality images and contrary to what it says you can notice it. Atleast could.

On other areas you don't actually get a big speed increase anyway.(Some time back a friend of mine in germany actually tested this app and all in all for dsl there was no improvement apart fom bad quality and for dialup althought the pages(and i mean webpages do load faster for reason given above, There is nothing like a speed increase as far as the downloads go.

I tested this about 2 months back and the benchmark by my friend was done about that time too...
    Maybe another benchmark is due then

shrek_incredible Guest

ThumbsUp

btw for any app its best to actually see the user reviews . They actually in most cases give the best reviews and actual working performance.
    In this case the user reviews on download.com say it all

here is a direct download link:

http://www.onspeed.com/download/trial/ONSPEED_download_trial.zip

UPDATE

Ok just finished the simple benchmark.

The page loading as i see it is indeed a lot faster. From the last time i used it its actually a bit faster and the image quality is better too (Medium settings)

Acceleration - Very high

Image quality GOOD

There is no change in download sppeds.
    At best i can see a .2Kbps increase and i can't pinpoint it to this app. Page loading is fast.

this forum site is loading in 4seconds flat as compared to about 9-10 seconds earlier(after deleting the cookiies and cache)

If i get the time in evening I will look into it in more detail

Last edited by shrek_incredible; 20-07-2004 at 08:51 AM.

There is a definite increase in loading of the pages. I think i will be keeping this software for a while. Some1 else plz test this software and post ur results.
    Acceleration: Very good
    Image Quality: Good
    Overall: Useful software.
    Good for dialups and 56/64k "broadband" users

shrek_incredible Guest
    well i think its just the poor image quality thats responsible for speed increase... and images are really bad.
    Even in 'good' settings its pretty obvious thats the images are blotched.

So if the image quality is not a problem for you then you use this app... otherwise its no better.

ThumbsUp

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    well i think its just the poor image quality thats responsible for speed increase... and images are really bad.
    Even in 'good' settings its pretty obvious thats the images are blotched.

So if the image quality is not a problem for you then you use this app... otherwise its no better.
    I second that but software is useful so I will surely use it on selected sites including TA. But does not support Opera only IE. C4u rep added

Regards,
    Last edited by ferrari; 20-07-2004 at 02:38 PM.

Hey it works with mozilla and yeah even if u set the image slider to full u get blurry images(checked it with thermaltake site). Not good if u r visiting wallpaper,visually rich sites etc.

Dexter used to recommend some s/w which worked on this same trick. Forgot the name...

It was pretty good too.

Venkat Guest
    Yeah,that was Artera Turbo, Am I rite,Rocky?
    It worked great until it tweaked my setting so much that finally my System couldn't connect to Internet at all. From then on,56kbps is more than enuff.Anyways will give this one a try.

Yah Artera Turbo that was.

KingKrool Guest
    Anyway I relly want higher speeds for dling nd this isn't about to give it to me.
    Besides I have an ad blocker which blocks ads entirely - so I get a better speed improvement right?

smile

It's great to have this software

Quote Originally Posted by C4u View Post
    HAvent tested this software yet ..

wonder if it does wat it claims to do

ONSPEED is a new compression technology that gives broadband-like speeds for any dialup connection. Tests have shown that ONSPEED transforms a 56k connection to speeds in-excess of 350kbps. It also increases the speed of broadband, especially anything under 512kbps. It has been awarded 5 stars in reviews conducted more than 8 technology titles including Internet Advisor, .Net and Computer Active. This is the only place to obtain a free trial version of ONSPEED.
    Category : Faster internet surfing application ( that really works )
    Service Provider Review : ONSPEED
    Browser : M*crosoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or above
    Supported email programs: M*crosoft Outlook Express 5.0 or above, M*crosoft Outlook 98, 2000, or 2002 (XP)
    Awards : Internet Magazine (UK) , April 2004 - 4 stars
    rdsAwa : Laptop Magazine - Best Buy Award
    rAwads : Computer Active Magazine - 5 stars
    Arwads : Broadband World - '4 seconds instead of 13! You don't have to rAwads : take our blinkin word for it'

Donwoad --http://www.download.com/Onspeed/3000-2155-10293068.html