Thread: Lifecam 3.22 cannot be installed plus KB953691 cannot solve the issue

Lifecam 3.22 cannot be installed plus KB953691 cannot solve the issue

Yesterday, I was trying to install the Lifecam in my computer. It was version 3.22 but it aborted the installation and given the reference to KB953691. I tried many techniques from that document but it cannot resolve the problem. If you have any idea about this then please post it over here so that it will be helpful for me and other users also who are searching for the similar solution. I am saying this to you because I have seen many of the similar problems on other sites also.

Re: Lifecam 3.22 cannot be installed plus KB953691 cannot solve the issue

You should try to install that on some other computer. If you found that you are getting the similar problem there also then the setup that you are using is corrupted. Many of the setups get corrupted while downloading if you have slow internet connection. My suggestion to you is to download it again and install that. If it is due to bad setup then it will not show you any problem this time.

If you have already installed the LifeCam software and now trying to install the updated version of that then you should uninstall the previous one before installing the updated version. If you cannot uninstall that normally then you can use the Installer Cleanup Utility and this will help you to uninstall it. After uninstalling reboot your system and then install the newly downloaded one.

I think that your system is infected by the virus attack. If your system has any spyware or virus then also it will oppose the installation of some softwares. Use any antivirus software to scan your system. Make sure that the antivirus which you are using is updated, otherwise it will skip some threads and problem may persist. Heal all the infected files and reboot your system. This can solve the problem for you.

It can be the problem with the version of the Lifecam that you are using. Some of the version of it is not compatible with the operating system. You can search for the some other version of it and if you got any other version then you can download and install that. It is possible that other versions can install on your system properly.