Thread: TALLY software - latest version 7.2 - learning

TALLY software - latest version 7.2 - learning

Hi people,

A lilltle background:

1. Never used any accounting software before.
    2. However basic theoretical fundas of accounts r there and ready to learn.
    3. purchased a book on tally.(second hand)

Problem:

1. Do not have tally software 7.2 (which probably is latest version)...
    2. As i just want to learn of my own at spare time in evening at home myself; was a bit hesitant is spending hefty rs 5000 just to purchase the software for personal learning.

QUESTION:

Is there any way in which i can get a tally 7.2 software may be say shareware or trialware or freeware or at cheap price ?

(also if u know of any online ebook on same; it will be helpful if u can plz indicate the link)

Any idea / suggestion / advice /website / help / commets ?

yours faithfully,

sincere

sincereheart (at) rediffmail (dot) com

There is no shareware or freeware for tally, plus the original requires a software/hardware lock to work.

Join a tally academy if you want to learn it, information is available on their website

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    plus the original requires a software/hardware lock to work.
    hey buddy can u plz plz elaborate on this a bit... plz...

Join a tally academy if you want to learn it, information is available on their website
    my present job is too demanding but yes that would be last option...but yes thanks for ur sincere advice...

thanks again for replying,

regards

and yes i must thank u again for taking time to reply,

its truly truly appreciated...

When Tally is sold it is sold with a Hardware lock also called dongle, which you have to plug-in on the printer port of your computer, only then will the tally software allow you to make entries etc. Then they came up with a software lock, which is like a hidden softcode on your harddisk. They require you to connect to internet once to install/license this softcode file on your harddisk. This is true for all legal versions of tally.

Hiiiiiiii techguy,

Thanks so so much for again replying with such clear explanation:

Can i plz dare to ask the following questions (plz answer them at ur convenience)....

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    which you have to plug-in on the printer port
    Then where am i supposed to plug the printer ???

"Then they came up with a software lock, which is like a hidden softcode on your harddisk. They require you to connect to internet once to install/license this softcode file on your harddisk. This is true for all legal versions of tally"
    Does this mean that once a licensed version is installed by which softcode gets activated; the same tally original CD cannot be used to install / activate tally on another PC ???

(IF answer to above is yes then why giant companies like microsoft and others dont implement such solutions whereby they can very very effectively limit software piracy thereby making sure each software can be used once only????)

best regards man ,

thanks

The dongle you fix to the printer port is only pass through..i.e.. you can fix the printer cable onto the dongle, does not effect printing capabilities.

No it does not restrict you to install it only once, cos you might need to install it again incase of hardware/HDD failure. But you need to call them etc. Microsoft uses the same policy for its boxed software for eg MS Office etc. You can install it in many PC and online/phone registration is mandatory, otherwsie the software stops working after sometime. But this works only for a few times, after that you need to call them to reactivate it.

But you need to call them etc. Microsoft uses the same policy for its boxed software for eg MS Office etc. You can install it in many PC and online/phone registration is mandatory, otherwsie the software stops working after sometime. But this works only for a few times, after that you need to call them to reactivate it.
    hmm....so it means that if anyone tries to use pirated software; thats not possible;

only option is where a licensed user wishes to share with friends etc right through his name...

Re: TALLY software - latest version 7.2 - learning

There are hacked version of Tally 7.2 Release 1.42 on the net

Re: TALLY software - latest version 7.2 - learning

Quote Originally Posted by rajcomm
    There are hacked version of Tally 7.2 Release 1.42 on the net
    Yes... it is...

Also Tally 7.2 does not use a hardware lock it has to be activated online!.

Basics of tally remain the same through all versions... so if u can get your hands on an older one ... that would do an equally good job helping you learn tally!