Thread: Fingerprint says wrong password on my acer aspire laptop

Fingerprint says wrong password on my acer aspire laptop

I am using an Acer Laptop which is almost 3 years old. Recently its hard drive crashed, so I had to purchase a new hard drive and installed it on the laptop. All the things are working fine but it is just that the fingerpring reader which is continuously telling me that my password is not correct. I have tried every possible solution to this issue but nothing is working for me. So, can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Fingerprint says wrong password on my acer aspire laptop

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fingerprint software. It might be possible that all the data from the biometric DB could be wiped off. Note that you should do this with the full administrator rights. Can you check in the Control Panel for the fingerprint control, you might be able to clear the DB in one of those options. You will also have to enter your text password to verify that you are one of the admin.

I think that there are 2 pieces to fingerprint reader which is the sensor software and the biometrics software. So, first you need to uninstall both figerprint driver and fingerprint software. After that reboot your laptop and then reinstall first the fingerprint driver and then reinstall the fingerprint software. After that restart your system and then assign a different finger to your account. Now, try to reverse the install order if it is not working for you.

After reinstalling both the software, try to do the following. Just open Start Menu and then go to Control Panel. Go into System and Security > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy and then on the left side under Local Policies double click Security Options and scroll down to 'Interactive logon: Do not require Ctrl Alt Del'. Simply double click on that and choose to disable it. Try all this things and let us know if it worked or not.