Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Excel 2010 crash when I trying to save it in pdf

Windows Software

Old 27-11-2014

Microsoft Excel 2010 crash when I trying to save it in pdf

I am not able to safe any file in PDF through Microsoft Office 2010. This thing keeps on crashing whenever I try to do the same. I am actually using a virtual pd printer here. When I press Ctrl + P from my keyboard a printer box appear. From which I choose this virtual PDF printer and print it. And then it saves the file in a PDF format. But form last few days I am getting crashing problem. When I do this the entire worksheet freezes and then crash. I am not able to make this thing work. I want some help here to fix.

Old 28-11-2014

Re: Microsoft Excel 2010 crash when I trying to save it in pdf

You can try using dopdf. I am using it form long time which works really well and there is no issue with that. I am quiet sure this will help you a lot in fixing the problem. It works same like a pdf printer. You just have to hit ctrl + p to run a printer dialog box. And from there you have to choose the virtual printer. It will generate a decent pdf file at the end. The current one which you are using might not be stable due to which you are facing the problem. So just try testing the same.
Old 28-11-2014

I had a similar issue; Excel 2010 would pause when I opened it and clicked on the File tab.
The issue turned out to be the number of ?Recent Documents? that are shown by default.
I set the number to 5, and excel started to work normal again. Not sure what file in the Recent documents caused Excel to pause or if it is the number of docs.
Excel Options/Advanced - Under the Display section, set the Recent Documents to a lower value.
Old 28-11-2014

A quickheal sweep would do the task, assured
Old 29-11-2014

There is no need to use any kind of virtual printer. You can try a very tiny utility that will generate the pdf file as per your need. And it would like a virtual printer. In the Save As dialog box you will get a option to create a pdf file directly from Microsoft Office. It works in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. You have to just download and install Save as PDF adding from the official site of Microsoft. Just install this and then click on Save as. You will see different format in it. Look for pdf and click on the same.
Old 05-12-2014

Install another version of Microsoft excel.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,