Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get Lightscribe app working on Windows 8

Windows Software

Old 07-11-2014

How to get Lightscribe app working on Windows 8

Is there anyone who got successful in running the Lightscribe disk labeling applications on Windows 8 system? I have recently installed Windows 8 on my computer and was trying to install this Lightscribe app on it without any success. When I try to install the latest version of Lightscribe on my pc then it will not even install on my computer. I tried a very old one which installed fine but will not work when starting the labeling process. So, is there anyway to get this app working on Windows 8? Thanks

Old 08-11-2014

Re: How to get Lightscribe app working on Windows 8

Have you even tried to install the Lightscribe application in your Windows 8 computer in compatibility mode and checked if it is working or not? If you want to install this software in Windows 8 compatibility mode then you have to right click on the .exe file or setup file of Lightscribe and then click on Troubleshoot compatibility and then choose Windows 7 and follow the given prompt. Once installed try to start labeling process and see if it works.
Old 10-11-2014

Did you even try to label a disk at all? Once you have installed the Lightscribe app in your Windows 8 operating system then it will work fine. The issue is that the installer program checks the version of Windows and here it is where the error message comes from. So, if you are not able to get it installed then by using the Compatibility mode you can try to install this software in Windows 8 properly.
Old 11-11-2014

Incase you have upgraded to Windows 8 from Windows 7 then the installation makes a folder Windows.old on your hard drive. So, if you have not deleted it before trying to install Lightscribe then go to Program Files(x86) in Windows.old Folder and copy and paste the Lightscribe template labeler folder into the Windows 8 Program Files(x86) foder. After that make a shortcut for the exe file in that folder and put that on your desktop or pin it to your taskbar, it will start working without any problems.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,