Thread: Google Reader UI not so great on Surface tablet

Google Reader UI not so great on Surface tablet

I am using Google Reader as the default RSS reader on Surface tablet. It looks really boring to me. I am trying to find out a few more option through which I can get a better rss reader. My friend suggest me to use Thunderbird. But I am not willing to install a application that can keep on eating a small part of ram. And also I am not having any requirement for a mail client. All I want is a simple rss reader that can have a decent UI and it should look nice for reading. Sometime I had seen Google Reader freezing while opening up a link. I had removed that and trying to find a better one.

Re: Google Reader UI not so great on Surface tablet

There is one thing you can try out. You can use Reader Digg. The issue with Google Reader is its discontinuation. IT is being stopped by Google and if you are using any old version then you wont get proper output form that. You can try using ReaderDigg. It offer you simple application that displays the RSS in graphical look format. You can find a look that is similar Gmail mailbox. From here you can also import fonts from Google if you want with a single look so that you can make your reading a lot more better. I will try you to test this once.

Re: Google Reader UI not so great on Surface tablet

I think when it comes to RSS reader then the most popular one is NetNewsWire. But this thing is limited for Mac users. I am using this from long time and it is really a wroth RSS reader. The best part here is that you wont get any graphical environment like this. You will get a very nice UI that will sort your rss and you can just read them whenever you want. You can add a lot of RSS sources on it. IT is quiet simple and fast in working. You can also get the source page mode here. The benefit of this rss reader is that it will allow you to see rss divided by sources and media.