Thread: Steam games freeze on launch in Windows 8

Steam games freeze on launch in Windows 8

When I click on any game to launch in Windows 8 inside steam the entire thing freezes. It does not move a ahead. The game does not start nor there is any error report on the screen. I have to restart my pc to turn those things that are working in the background. I need some help to fix this. If I re-install the entire steam then I think will lost all my achievements. So I cannot do that without testing it out. Is there a way to fix the issue. I had tried looking on the web for solution and most of them are asking for the re-installation thing. But there it is not going to work. I do not even have the game setup file with me.

Re: Steam games freeze on launch in Windows 8

You have to anyhow re-install the game to get a proper output. Or else your the game client will not work well. There is a simple way of doing the same. You have to go in the steam folder and from there you have to backup a few things. You can start with /cfg/. This one has all custom configurations and scripts. You can also backup the downloads and maps folder with materials. The last thing you have to backup is the SAVE folder. After when you are done with the same you can simply go ahead and re-install steam. You have to restore the data of the folders back again and done. The stream issue will be resolved.

Re: Steam games freeze on launch in Windows 8

Just boot your pc in safe mode first. And then launch steam. I think this is due to some update that is stucked at the time of installation. Manually there is no way to fix the issue. If you check only the most common solution you are going to get is simply re-installing steam back again. There is no other options. And if you do that the directories are overwritten. So as mentioned above you can backup all the files and you also have to install the games back again. I do not think after installation the setup file is somewhere saved in your pc. You have to anyhow download the entire package back again.