Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2014

How to safely merge different Excel files after comparing

I am looking for some option through which I can compare different Excel sheet and merge them together into one. I get a daily sales report on my mail. I always keep the copy of old because there figures that I do not want to touch. Now there are around 10 files. Most of them are having the same kind of data. It is quiet not easy for me to simply compare those files one by one. It will be a time consuming job. So I am looking for a option through which I can compare this files and then merge them to a single one. I am quiet not able to find the option for the same. Is there a software that can do this. I want the data comparison here not date wise comparison of files.
Old 13-09-2014

Re: How to safely merge different Excel files after comparing

There is a software that can do this. I use them to delete my old files. Luckily in Windows there are different kind of software that works in the same way. The first one that I will recommend you to test is WinMerge. This one is a free software that can help you to compare the data of your files and then you can merge things as per your need. ExamDiff is also works in the same way. You can try downloading any one of them and check. But keep a copy of files with you so that you wont face any problem if your data is not appropriate. You can simply restore it back again.
Old 15-09-2014

Re: How to safely merge different Excel files after comparing

You can try using the default feature of Excel that can help you to do what you are looking for. Launch Excel and in that click on the office button on the top side. The feature is usually available in the new version of office. Higher than Office 2007. In the drop down menu on the left you can directly see a option for more commands. You have to click on that and then a new dialogue box appear. You have to select compare and merge. Here you have to add the file and done. You can do this for every file one by one. It will be safe if you go with single file at a time do not just go with multiple files through third party tool.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,