Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-08-2014

Want help to split large pst files

I want to split large pst file and mail them on my email id. I am having different emails configured on my outlook and I am using this from last 2 years. So there are many old and important emails in the same. I want some way through which I can split and simply mail them as per my need. But I am unable to find a pst splitter on the web. I have a pen drive in which I carry, but that will be a kind of offline backup. I want to keep them in my email so that I can download and update them anytime I want.
Old 21-08-2014

Re: Want help to split large pst files

You can try Manual solution to overcome this issue by Archiving & Export Options. In case, manual method doesn?t works, then there is no other option then going for a third-party utility like- SysTools Split PST, PCvita etc. I found these software on Google so before purchasing it first, try the Demo-version of software.
Old 22-08-2014

You can split and merge a pst file. But I think if you do not do that properly then it can damage the file. The first thing you have to do is create multiple backup of your files. So that you can play with a copy. If something happens you wont loose all your data. Here you can try to use winrar. This will allow you to archive the pst file and then you can break them into different pieces. You just have to compress the same first. And after that you can create out different parts and done. You can share them through your email id.
Old 30-08-2014

There is a lot more simpler option available. You can try using a cloud storage for the same. And I am quiet sure that will be more than enough. Cloud storage offer you a good space and you just have to upload the file in the forma of a rar archive. If you have a gmail account then you can upload the files and then share it through a link. It can be downloaded from any place and any location. It is the best way to keep your files safe. I will not recommend you to split the files. There can be issue with it.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,